Shutting down Fields

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
No, how is he supposed to develop as a passer? How is he supposed to gain trust and a connection with his receivers. Why trade a 2nd for Claypool if he has maybe 4 catches with Fields at QB? How about trying to develop a connection with Velus?

This staff doesn't do much to help their QB
It took them too long to figure out they need to get Justin moving more. They don't know how to build his confidence or develop for the longterm. One of the important things is to give him a full season of experience. A full 16 or 17 games. the more familiarity and experience, the more the game hopefully slows down.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
His strides are as a running back on designed qb runs

His passing improvement is marginal at best and still poor when forced to throw (end of games)
Not true at all. His oline sucks and receivers still do not get separation so that is why it is harder to go down the field at the end of games.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Not true at all. His oline sucks and receivers still do not get separation so that is why it is harder to go down the field at the end of games.
What about the rest of the game?

They can't get 200 yards passing.....ever

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields will miss 2 to 4 weeks I bet. Thanks to Getsy

TonyDogs

Liked Posts:
What about the rest of the game?

They can't get 200 yards passing.....ever
Well no shit we're running the ball more than any team in the modern era... going back to the 1950's... obviously our passing is going to suffer. It's not rocket science, dummy.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm with the 'If he feels less than 100%, sit him' crowd.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one who thinks this is starting to make sense? Or at least sitting him a few road games.

Protect your best asset. Improve the draft pick. This seems like a very reasonable approach that I think even the local fans would be ok with.
That hit where he took a shot to his legs heading out of bounds made me agree with you. Seeing him take this last few hits makes me think he needs some tom to get healthy.

Grendel2000

Liked Posts:
No ,what they need to do is cut back on the running plays with Fields & let him pass the ball. Let him make all the mistakes passing the ball in a throw away year. They need to quit running 10+ QB sweeps & draw plays a game, like it’s high school.
10000000% correct. Thank you!

Grendel2000

Liked Posts:
They might not have a choice. If he broke his collarbone or separated his shoulder because of Luke Getsy's stupidity, he's done for the year.

If he somehow comes away from this game relatively unscathed, then no, you don't sit him. He needs the reps.
But the reps he NEEDS are THROWS. he needs to learn to read defenses and functions passing the ball against NFL defenses. Reps where it's designed QB runs teach hime next to nothing and put him at risk for NOTHING (we're not going to the Super Bowl this year...).