SI: 2022 HC candidate list - extensive list including college and dark-horses

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy was the hottest prospect on the market when the Bears hired him. Pace took him from Chris Ballard. Reich was Ballard’s third choice.

Dave Wannstedt was the hottest coach on the market when the Bears hired him.

Neither of the “ hot prospects” worked out but the Bears landed them. It’s ludicrous to suggest the Bears can’t land Brian Daboll if they want him. It’s the founding NFL franchise, with a rabid fan base located in a world class city.

The facilities in Lake Forest (while not quite up to the Cowboys’ standards) are fantastic.

Plus, the Bears aren’t cheap. That’s ancient history.
All facts

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They list Lincoln Riley, Dan Mullen who just got fired, pat fitzgerald who just wrapped up another last place finish in a weak BigTen west, and PJ Fleck, who is a fucking used car salesman.

Great piece of writing
TBF to the writer, OP posted an article from September.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I met P.J. Fleck once at NIU. I never envisioned him going as far as he did with coaching.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it is a good piece. I figured we could use a more comprehensive list because I keep hearing the same 3-5 names over and over - and me personally - I don't think the Bears are going to end up with those guys.

If I was a top candidate, the cap situation alone might keep me away from the Bears.

What cap situation? Bears are currently projected to have $44 million in cap space, 12th in the league.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Tim Kelly is interesting, he was the OC when DeSean Watson played his last two yrs. He was promoted from within. I dont know much about him,but could be worth checking out.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, it is a good piece. I figured we could use a more comprehensive list because I keep hearing the same 3-5 names over and over - and me personally - I don't think the Bears are going to end up with those guys.

If I was a top candidate, the cap situation alone might keep me away from the Bears.
Shit takes everywhere

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Matt Nagy was the hottest prospect on the market when the Bears hired him. Pace took him from Chris Ballard. Reich was Ballard’s third choice.

Dave Wannstedt was the hottest coach on the market when the Bears hired him.

Neither of the “ hot prospects” worked out but the Bears landed them. It’s ludicrous to suggest the Bears can’t land Brian Daboll if they want him. It’s the founding NFL franchise, with a rabid fan base located in a world class city.

The facilities in Lake Forest (while not quite up to the Cowboys’ standards) are fantastic.

Plus, the Bears aren’t cheap. That’s ancient history.
It's crazy that the narrative still exists. I remember when the Bears needs oline help and made Tait the highest paid RT in the league. I remember when the Bears went out and got Julius Peppers. Then the Bears went out and got Mack. The Bears will make splashes. This myth needs to die.

Last edited:

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's crazy that the narrative still exists. I remember when the Bears needs oline help and may Tait the highest paid RT in the league. I remember when the Bears went out and got Julius Peppers. Then the Bears went out and got Mack. The Bears will make splashes. This myth needs to die.
They also grabbed the highly coveted Allen Robinson.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
It's crazy that the narrative still exists. I remember when the Bears needs oline help and made Tait the highest paid RT in the league. I remember when the Bears went out and got Julius Peppers. Then the Bears went out and got Mack. The Bears will make splashes. This myth needs to die.
No one is talking about players. It's good coaches.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Shit takes everywhere
It's odd that some of you guys would instantly agree if I said the Lions are never getting Brian Daboll...but you cannot see it with the Bears.

The Bears organization is just slightly less comical than the Lions.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No one is talking about players. It's good coaches.
That point was that the Bears won't spend money. I listed examples of the Bears spending money. The Bears aren't cheap and they at times are very aggressive. They got Wanny, they got Nagy, they've went after big free agents. You missed the point.