sick of hearing about KC / Nagy / Alex Smith / Mahomes

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
different situations, different personnel, different times.

yes, learn from the past. but please let Fields be the best player he can be, do not try to duplicate something before just because it worked for Patrick Mahomes.

i also hope Nagy stops mentioning it constantly. you think Fields wants to hear about what Nagy did 4-5 years ago?

i don't care who you are comparing a player to, nobody really likes being compared to another player as if they just want you to mimic them cause you aren't talented enough on your own.

and then Dalton is sitting there like oh should i wear like an Alex Smith jersey in practice or.....?

we get it Nagy, you were there when one of greatest QBs of all time emerged in KC. guess what you didn't make Patrick Mahomes or really have much of anything to do with him being great. so get over it and figure out what the best is for JUSTIN FIELDS and the Bears.

happy friday ya'll :)

BEAR DOWN.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy was saddled with Trubisky when he wanted Mahomes from the beginning.

I don't think Nagy wants to bring up Mahomes to take credit for his development, I think he wants to get credit for having the vision to see what he thought his potential was.

When I get asked a question, I too revert to a time when I had a good thought process or experience....

Maybe Nagy always thought that Mahomes was going to be good and that Trubisky was not, but you can not come out and essentially bad mouth the decisions of your Bosses. So Nagy mentions it sort of as a back handed way of saying, give me the right guy and I will make this team great.

With the perceived talent that Fields has, Nagy is out of Mulligans, he will not be able to fire a position coach and keep his job, if the Bears do not succeed with Fields.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:

Justin Fields, QB, Chicago Bears (No. 11)​

Play style: Aggressive downfield passer who needs to work on speeding up his process, elite athlete.
Scheme: Spread with a blend of RPOs, West Coast and Air Raid concepts.

Bears coach Matt Nagy was the offensive coordinator in Kansas City in 2017 when Alex Smith had arguably his best career as a pro. Smith was known as a conservative passer who did not like to take chances down the field. That changed in 2017 when Smith had a career high in adjusted yards per pass (8.6). The Chiefs started running their routes deeper and calling more shot plays. This set the table for Patrick Mahomes, who watched from the bench but started the final game of the season in 2017, and the current iteration of the Chiefs offense.

In Chicago, Mitchell Trubisky had a career high in adjusted yards per pass (7.3) in 2018, Nagy’s first season as head coach of the Bears. However, Trubisky has regressed, and the overall lack of talent on the Bears roster forced Nagy to adjust his offense. Justin Fields was one of the most aggressive and accurate deep ball passers in college football last year. His arm and willingness to let it rip will allow Nagy to return to his ideal offense.

“(Deep passing) is a strength of (Fields’), and maybe with him we gotta go ‘touchdown-to-touchdown’ mentality — get some of that,” Nagy said in his post-draft news conference. “I think that’s where that needs to go with all of our quarterbacks.”

The Ohio State offense loosely resembles what the Chiefs offense looks like now. They run a lot of similar passing concepts. They want to run the ball from shotgun, and when they go under center, they take shots. With Fields in the fold, Nagy can go back to what made him successful in Kansas City.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya, we only traded up to 11 instead of 10 to take a QB that inexplicably fell. Totally different! :rolleyes:

Mahomes: “NAGY WAS AMAZING WITH ME AND MY TRANSITION INTO THE NFL. BEING ABLE TO RELATE TO ME, BEING ABLE TO GO OUT THERE AND LET ME PLAY FAST AND BE WHO I AM.”

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
I think Nagy was saddled with Trubisky when he wanted Mahomes from the beginning.

I don't think Nagy wants to bring up Mahomes to take credit for his development, I think he wants to get credit for having the vision to see what he thought his potential was.

When I get asked a question, I too revert to a time when I had a good thought process or experience....

Maybe Nagy always thought that Mahomes was going to be good and that Trubisky was not, but you can not come out and essentially bad mouth the decisions of your Bosses. So Nagy mentions it sort of as a back handed way of saying, give me the right guy and I will make this team great.

With the perceived talent that Fields has, Nagy is out of Mulligans, he will not be able to fire a position coach and keep his job, if the Bears do not succeed with Fields.

i just think Nagy has mentioned it way too much and it's been 4 years now i mean let's focus on what you're doing in Chicago. can't tell me it's not also him defending himself and deflecting blame for Trubisky's criticism. yeah Mitch was a mess but we all disagreed a lot on how Nagy was using him and style of offense. still feels like Nagy is determined to get a QB that fits HIS system. because he saw Mahomes in it so he saw like the peak potential and now is obsessed to find a Mahomes ish player.

yes of course we use past experiences to help us make decisions. but it's not identical. different players, different coaches, different time, different defenses.

i love Fields. think he's going to be a mega star. but i think Nagy got bailed out. seems stubborn and if you aren't Patrick Mahomes then it's not his fault it's your fault.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Ya, we only traded up to 11 instead of 10 to take a QB that inexplicably fell. Totally different! :rolleyes:

Mahomes: “NAGY WAS AMAZING WITH ME AND MY TRANSITION INTO THE NFL. BEING ABLE TO RELATE TO ME, BEING ABLE TO GO OUT THERE AND LET ME PLAY FAST AND BE WHO I AM.”
so because draft trade was similar everything else is exactly same? lol ok.
it's sort of the chicken/egg thing for Mahomes/Nagy. like do you actually think Mahomes would've not turned out this great in another situation or with a different coach? i think that's giving a lot too much credit to Nagy lol. like saying Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have turned into an MVP if they didn't sit him for a couple yrs. all these coaches love patting themselves on back for great players success. like come on dude you didn't give Mahomes a cannon arm and elite scrambling ability and vision and all that.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Here's the issue i have with the Pace, Nagy and Trubisky trio. Nagy evaluated Mitch. Nagy took the job having a pretty good idea of what Mitch was and could be. You'd assume that Nagy told Pace his plans for Mitch and how to maximize his strengths and what offense would be built around him moving forward. Then there were so many games where the game-plan by Nagy made no sense. Kept running the same stuff that never worked and Pace at no point stepped in and said this isn't right.

Cant run his offense with Mitch. Cant run the ball with an OL that cant run block. Yet it seems a lot of money and picks went into defense, bad TEs and backup QBs. None of any of the past 3 years has made much sense. Nagy took the job knowing Mitch would be his QB for at least 2-3 seasons. Never found a solution to work around it. None of these three guys have done their jobs well.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
i just think Nagy has mentioned it way too much and it's been 4 years now i mean let's focus on what you're doing in Chicago. can't tell me it's not also him defending himself and deflecting blame for Trubisky's criticism. yeah Mitch was a mess but we all disagreed a lot on how Nagy was using him and style of offense. still feels like Nagy is determined to get a QB that fits HIS system. because he saw Mahomes in it so he saw like the peak potential and now is obsessed to find a Mahomes ish player.

yes of course we use past experiences to help us make decisions. but it's not identical. different players, different coaches, different time, different defenses.

i love Fields. think he's going to be a mega star. but i think Nagy got bailed out. seems stubborn and if you aren't Patrick Mahomes then it's not his fault it's your fault.
Yes, and he now has his version of Mahomes, so it all on him to make it work. No more Trubisky scapegoat, no more Mahomes references, it time for Nagy to make his mark on the NFL, and make his own history!!!

This is Nagy's watershed moment, and he will forever be judged as an NFL HC, by the way he moves forward..

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Here's the issue i have with the Pace, Nagy and Trubisky trio. Nagy evaluated Mitch. Nagy took the job having a pretty good idea of what Mitch was and could be. You'd assume that Nagy told Pace his plans for Mitch and how to maximize his strengths and what offense would be built around him moving forward. Then there were so many games where the game-plan by Nagy made no sense. Kept running the same stuff that never worked and Pace at no point stepped in and said this isn't right.

Cant run his offense with Mitch. Cant run the ball with an OL that cant run block. Yet it seems a lot of money and picks went into defense, bad TEs and backup QBs. None of any of the past 3 years has made much sense. Nagy took the job knowing Mitch would be his QB for at least 2-3 seasons. Never found a solution to work around it. None of these three guys have done their jobs well.

i think Nagy told Pace he liked Mitch and could work with him, just to get the HC job.
Bears had arguably #1 defense in 2018. Mitch was ok 24 tds 12 ints, a very Alex Smith type season. dink n dunk.

then tried to do more with Mitch, but he wasn't capable. got away from him running. tried to make more of a pocket passer. tried more deep balls. defense got worse.

i'm all on board now but i think Nagy got pretty fortunate of this situation playing out perfectly and an ideal QB.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think Nagy told Pace he liked Mitch and could work with him, just to get the HC job.
Bears had arguably #1 defense in 2018. Mitch was ok 24 tds 12 ints, a very Alex Smith type season. dink n dunk.

then tried to do more with Mitch, but he wasn't capable. got away from him running. tried to make more of a pocket passer. tried more deep balls. defense got worse.

i'm all on board now but i think Nagy got pretty fortunate of this situation playing out perfectly and an ideal QB.
I agree. I think for Nagy's career, he got lucky that his ideal QB for his offense fell to him in the draft. Dude must have had a horseshoe up his ass. You could tell how happy he was in that press conference. Usually coaches have to make it work with the talent they have.

SugabearMVP

Liked Posts:
When Nagy "supposedly" let Lazor call plays, we did see a more productive offense. Seems like Nagy is a one trick pony. Which I dont mean in a bad way because if it works for Fields, then who the hell cares? I'm just hoping that Lazor will have a say in the playbook as well because I thought he understood the OLine's limitations and worked well around them.

That, to me is what a good offensive minded coach does, period.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
different situations, different personnel, different times.

yes, learn from the past. but please let Fields be the best player he can be, do not try to duplicate something before just because it worked for Patrick Mahomes.

i also hope Nagy stops mentioning it constantly. you think Fields wants to hear about what Nagy did 4-5 years ago?

i don't care who you are comparing a player to, nobody really likes being compared to another player as if they just want you to mimic them cause you aren't talented enough on your own.

and then Dalton is sitting there like oh should i wear like an Alex Smith jersey in practice or.....?

we get it Nagy, you were there when one of greatest QBs of all time emerged in KC. guess what you didn't make Patrick Mahomes or really have much of anything to do with him being great. so get over it and figure out what the best is for JUSTIN FIELDS and the Bears.

happy friday ya'll :)

BEAR DOWN.
Given who the coach is, his background, and all that is involved, what you are bitching about is akin to walking into a portillo's and then bitching that all you ever hear about are the beef sandwiches.

cdubz11

Liked Posts:
Given who the coach is, his background, and all that is involved, what you are bitching about is akin to walking into a portillo's and then bitching that all you ever hear about are the beef sandwiches.
uh no that'd be like the manager there constantly talking about the beef sandwiches at a place he worked 4 years ago lmao nice try at your first analogy though!

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

They definitely had the #1 D, no question about it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
so because draft trade was similar everything else is exactly same? lol ok.
it's sort of the chicken/egg thing for Mahomes/Nagy. like do you actually think Mahomes would've not turned out this great in another situation or with a different coach? i think that's giving a lot too much credit to Nagy lol. like saying Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have turned into an MVP if they didn't sit him for a couple yrs. all these coaches love patting themselves on back for great players success. like come on dude you didn't give Mahomes a cannon arm and elite scrambling ability and vision and all that.
You're the needs to be exactly the same guy. There are clear parallels and Mahomes comments that you choose to dismiss.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Nagy wasnt here when Mitch was drafted. He did call Mahommes the perfect prospect during his last college season