sick of hearing about KC / Nagy / Alex Smith / Mahomes

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
different situations, different personnel, different times.

yes, learn from the past. but please let Fields be the best player he can be, do not try to duplicate something before just because it worked for Patrick Mahomes.

i also hope Nagy stops mentioning it constantly. you think Fields wants to hear about what Nagy did 4-5 years ago?

i don't care who you are comparing a player to, nobody really likes being compared to another player as if they just want you to mimic them cause you aren't talented enough on your own.

and then Dalton is sitting there like oh should i wear like an Alex Smith jersey in practice or.....?

we get it Nagy, you were there when one of greatest QBs of all time emerged in KC. guess what you didn't make Patrick Mahomes or really have much of anything to do with him being great. so get over it and figure out what the best is for JUSTIN FIELDS and the Bears.

happy friday ya'll :)

BEAR DOWN.
What we have here in Chicago is a different dynamic than what KC had in 2017. Pace/Nagy understands this and to be fair they are not going to hand the job to Fields in May. Dalton is QB1.........right now.

The differences here in Chicago over the KC blueprint.

1) Coach and GM were not on the hot seat in KC, unlike Pace/Nagy.

2) Smith was coming off his best season, Chiefs could afford to give Mahomes time. Dalton has not had a winning season since 2015.

3) To be frank Fields is more advanced coming out of college than Mahomes was.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
i think Nagy told Pace he liked Mitch and could work with him, just to get the HC job.
Bears had arguably #1 defense in 2018. Mitch was ok 24 tds 12 ints, a very Alex Smith type season. dink n dunk.

then tried to do more with Mitch, but he wasn't capable. got away from him running. tried to make more of a pocket passer. tried more deep balls. defense got worse.

i'm all on board now but i think Nagy got pretty fortunate of this situation playing out perfectly and an ideal QB.
Same for a generational talent like Mahomes dropping to 10. Doesn't guarantee jack for Fields but there are certainly commonalities.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
What we have here in Chicago is a different dynamic than what KC had in 2017. Pace/Nagy understands this and to be fair they are not going to hand the job to Fields in May. Dalton is QB1.........right now.

The differences here in Chicago over the KC blueprint.

1) Coach and GM were not on the hot seat in KC, unlike Pace/Nagy.

2) Smith was coming off his best season, Chiefs could afford to give Mahomes time. Dalton has not had a winning season since 2015.

3) To be frank Fields is more advanced coming out of college than Mahomes was.
Pace and Nagy are not on the hot seat. With the drafting of Fields, the worst possible thing the Bears could do would be to disrupt the relationships that will be built this season with Fields.

Pat Kirwan said today on his radio show it would be idiotic to fire Pace and Nagy now unless they completely mismanage Fields.

He needs to learn a system inside and out and not face a change in his second or third year. It will absolutely stunt his development.

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Ya, we only traded up to 11 instead of 10 to take a QB that inexplicably fell. Totally different! :rolleyes:

Mahomes: “NAGY WAS AMAZING WITH ME AND MY TRANSITION INTO THE NFL. BEING ABLE TO RELATE TO ME, BEING ABLE TO GO OUT THERE AND LET ME PLAY FAST AND BE WHO I AM.”
So let me get this straight .... Nagy did what now? He allowed Mahomes to be Mahomes?

Incredible work, Nagy ..... BE YOU

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So let me get this straight .... Nagy did what now? He allowed Mahomes to be Mahomes?

Incredible work, Nagy ..... BE YOU
Why are those replying to my posts implying that I meant more than what was actually said?
Never mind. You be you.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a Big fan of Nagy, but he gets way too much grief on this board, and I'm sure he will get no credit if Fields comes up big

Nagy & Pace deserve plenty of grief, but I am willing to concede that both were very green coming into their jobs.

They both have plenty of mistakes and failures, but I can put it all behind me if they both learned from those mistakes and become much better at their respective jobs.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace and cap management has been atrocious.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Here's the issue i have with the Pace, Nagy and Trubisky trio. Nagy evaluated Mitch. Nagy took the job having a pretty good idea of what Mitch was and could be. You'd assume that Nagy told Pace his plans for Mitch and how to maximize his strengths and what offense would be built around him moving forward. Then there were so many games where the game-plan by Nagy made no sense. Kept running the same stuff that never worked and Pace at no point stepped in and said this isn't right.

Cant run his offense with Mitch. Cant run the ball with an OL that cant run block. Yet it seems a lot of money and picks went into defense, bad TEs and backup QBs. None of any of the past 3 years has made much sense. Nagy took the job knowing Mitch would be his QB for at least 2-3 seasons. Never found a solution to work around it. None of these three guys have done their jobs well.
Mitch ran a RPO system at UNC. He was accurate and hit people in stride. That is the QB Nagy thought he was getting but after 2018, that QB disappeared. His college tape made him a great fit for Nagy's system. The problem is he inexplicably regressed after 2018. It is truly one of the great mysteries that a guy that run almost exclusively shotgun, RPO with little to no play action suddenly lost those abilities and instead turned into a guy that played better under center and with play action.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch ran a RPO system at UNC. He was accurate and hit people in stride. That is the QB Nagy thought he was getting but after 2018, that QB disappeared. His college tape made him a great fit for Nagy's system. The problem is he inexplicably regressed after 2018. It is truly one of the great mysteries that a guy that run almost exclusively shotgun, RPO with little to no play action suddenly lost those abilities and instead turned into a guy that played better under center and with play action.
Good points

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem is he inexplicably regressed after 2018. It is truly one of the great mysteries that a guy that run almost exclusively shotgun, RPO with little to no play action suddenly lost those abilities and instead turned into a guy that played better under center and with play action

Trubisky never seemed like the same QB after that shoulder injury in 2018. Between that and the heightened expectations that came with winning the division...Mitch turned into this nervous ball of hesitation that carried over into a terrible 2019 season.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
He looked and sounded mentally broken after the 2019 opener against GB. While it was an embarrassing performance I have to believe that whatever he was thinking had been building up for a while. Maybe he realized during camp that he wasn't getting any better. Idk. Everyone was so fixated on the kickers during that camp.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky never seemed like the same QB after that shoulder injury in 2018. Between that and the heightened expectations that came with winning the division...Mitch turned into this nervous ball of hesitation that carried over into a terrible 2019 season.

Yep I harped on that for over a year. He started playing scared and soft. One of the reasons why I liked Fields. No one wants to end up like RGIII but you cant play this game scared.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He was mentally weak. Best and most obvious answer

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Nagy & Pace deserve plenty of grief, but I am willing to concede that both were very green coming into their jobs.

They both have plenty of mistakes and failures, but I can put it all behind me if they both learned from those mistakes and become much better at their respective jobs.
Agreed. And jumping up to grab Fields is a good start.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:

yes, learn from the past. but please let Fields be the best player he can be, do not try to duplicate something before just because it worked for Patrick Mahomes.

i also hope Nagy stops mentioning it constantly. you think Fields wants to hear about what Nagy did 4-5 years ago?

i don't care who you are comparing a player to, nobody really likes being compared to another player as if they just want you to mimic them cause you aren't talented enough on your own.

and then Dalton is sitting there like oh should i wear like an Alex Smith jersey in practice or.....?

we get it Nagy, you were there when one of greatest QBs of all time emerged in KC. guess what you didn't make Patrick Mahomes or really have much of anything to do with him being great. so get over it and figure out what the best is for JUSTIN FIELDS and the Bears.

BEAR DOWN.
Thank you for saying this! I have been sick off hearing about Alex Smith since 2019. We do not give a shit. You are the Bears head coach.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

BEAR DOWN.
I get worried for Fields when Nagy talks about "developing" him.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Seemed like it was a combination of him being scared to to use his legs as much after getting hurt (which people somehow blamed Nagy for like he was the one telling him not to run) and defenses figuring him out after 2018.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Seemed like it was a combination of him being scared to to use his legs as much after getting hurt (which people somehow blamed Nagy for like he was the one telling him not to run) and defenses figuring him out after 2018.
This along with Nagy asking Mitch to do more than he did in college. It was obvious Mitch didn’t know how to read defenses properly in the NFL, had poor pocket presence, etc. Unfortunately not much transferred over from college tape to the NFL. It seemed as if Mitch left his brain back at UNC while his body took a road trip in his Toyota to Chicago.