Sikura for Pirri...Bowman at his Best

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't believe they traded away the "Golden Boy".

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seriously......do any of you really think this team will contend this year? Why all the complaints? Just treading water at this point till they figure a way around the bad contracts. This move is just a small step, it's not exactly the motherload but it is an expiring contract that they can bundle at the deadline. They are not now, nor will they be soon, a contender for a Cup......until they are willing to dump the two $10 mil guys and a couple of broken down dmen, it will remain like this for awhile.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Seriously......do any of you really think this team will contend this year? Why all the complaints? Just treading water at this point till they figure a way around the bad contracts. This move is just a small step, it's not exactly the motherload but it is an expiring contract that they can bundle at the deadline. They are not now, nor will they be soon, a contender for a Cup......until they are willing to dump the two $10 mil guys and a couple of broken down dmen, it will remain like this for awhile.

Well, what's the alternative? To just stay silent and not hold Bowman accountable for yet another asinine move?

No one expects this team to be a Cup contender next year (or anytime in the near future, really), but that doesn't mean Bowman should just be impervious to valid criticism.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, what's the alternative? To just stay silent and not hold Bowman accountable for yet another asinine move?

No one expects this team to be a Cup contender next year (or anytime in the near future, really), but that doesn't mean Bowman should just be impervious to valid criticism.

Kind of a waste of time. I highly doubt Bowman inhabits this forum. Hopefully, he's not stupid enough to think that Pirri is a piece of the puzzle.....hopefully, just a movable piece in some sort of long range plan. To move the big contracts, he will need some cheap expendable parts.....Hawks will almost certainly have to take some sort of large contract in return. I'm hoping the thought process is to move Kane, Toews or Seabrook while taking on some high priced guy or guys in return. The selling point being the other team getting a great player like Kane but must take Seabrook as well while the Hawks take on some high priced stiff or two that has an expring contract to give the other team cap room now while giving the Hawks some breathing room the year after. Not ideal but it's the hole Bowman has dug and a way to dig out.

Granada

Liked Posts:
This makes zero sense. So of course it makes sense. Bowman has to go.

It's pretty funny because, the biggest knock on Bowman for the majority of his career as GM, has been that he values under-sized players over bigger players. He's really trying to shed that image now, ever since picking Dach. Honestly, that's really the only reason I can really find as to why Bowman would even make this move, as Pirri does have decent size, but it's still just a silly move overall in my view. It's the typical "scraping the bottom of the barrell and crossing your fingers" Bowman-move.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Kind of a waste of time. I highly doubt Bowman inhabits this forum. Hopefully, he's not stupid enough to think that Pirri is a piece of the puzzle.....hopefully, just a movable piece in some sort of long range plan. To move the big contracts, he will need some cheap expendable parts.....Hawks will almost certainly have to take some sort of large contract in return. I'm hoping the thought process is to move Kane, Toews or Seabrook while taking on some high priced guy or guys in return. The selling point being the other team getting a great player like Kane but must take Seabrook as well while the Hawks take on some high priced stiff or two that has an expring contract to give the other team cap room now while giving the Hawks some breathing room the year after. Not ideal but it's the hole Bowman has dug and a way to dig out.

I don't care if Bowman does. I mean, it's the Hawks' off-season now and the NHL's off-season next week -- if it's not worth it to discuss Bowman's moves between now and when the season starts, we might as well not even come here. I like talking hockey -- to me, it's not a waste of time...but I digress

I doubt that's his plan with Pirri. He's hoping Pirri can make the team, maybe as a bottom six player. If I remember correctly, you are against a "rebuild on the fly" strategy. This move absolutely reeks of a rebuild on the fly. It's not like Pirri is some awesome sweetner that other teams will be clamoring for. Bowman reacquired him because he likes him. That's my take anyway.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
At this point it's an offseason tradition for the Hawks to trade for a former player..

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't care if Bowman does. I mean, it's the Hawks' off-season now and the NHL's off-season next week -- if it's not worth it to discuss Bowman's moves between now and when the season starts, we might as well not even come here. I like talking hockey -- to me, it's not a waste of time...but I digress

I doubt that's his plan with Pirri. He's hoping Pirri can make the team, maybe as a bottom six player. If I remember correctly, you are against a "rebuild on the fly" strategy. This move absolutely reeks of a rebuild on the fly. It's not like Pirri is some awesome sweetner that other teams will be clamoring for. Bowman reacquired him because he likes him. That's my take anyway.

Good Lord, I surely hope you are wrong. Bowman can't be that stupid.

You are correct, building on the fly is Kenny Williams style that sucks resources for little or no gain. In the Cap era, it's absolutely a no-win strategy. I'm sure I'm paraphrasing but I think it's said that before you can be good, you have to be bad.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
They threw the guy a bone.

He's from here and is rooted. Sikura isn't and NHL player and neither is Pirri outside of his three game goal spurts.

If the guy can play in Rockford then go home and sleep in his own bed by his family let him, I say

Granada

Liked Posts:
Good Lord, I surely hope you are wrong. Bowman can't be that stupid.

You are correct, building on the fly is Kenny Williams style that sucks resources for little or no gain. In the Cap era, it's absolutely a no-win strategy. I'm sure I'm paraphrasing but I think it's said that before you can be good, you have to be bad.

I really hope I'm wrong too, but just look at Bowman's history. He loves taking chances on players like this (ex high-draft picks who really haven't panned out), and the grand majority of the time, they flop -- because his instincts as a GM and his player evaluation sucks. This is pretty much a carbon copy of Schmaltz for Strome and reminiscient of his acquisition of Nylander, although again, I don't think Bowman has as high hopes for Pirri any higher than bottom-six (at least, I sure as hell hope not).

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Bowman just found his replacement for Saad.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who had Pirri as the former Hawk that Stanbo would bring back