Silence is Golden

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that the front office has been quiet over the last few weeks is a good thing. If the silence continues over the next 2 weeks and the Bears continue to get embarrassed like I think they will then we are going to be in for some major changes in the offseason.

Ownership has not endorsed Emery and Trestman since the bye week. If there was ever a time to do so they would have been doing it by now. The team is mailing it in because the players might feel like their future coaches are not here. The way you calm those feelings and get the players trying their hardest and focusing on the job at hand is an endorsement from ownership/GM. If the front office knew Trestman was safe they would have said so already, yet it's awfully quiet. I think this spells likely doom for Trestman.

Now what about Emery? I think Emery could potentially be doomed as well. Again ownership has failed to give Emery an endorsement since the bye week. GM's don't always get this like the HC does but there is other supporting evidence as to why Emery could be a goner. First off why has no change been made to Trestman's staff? Not even a well deserved Tucker mid season firing. If ownership knew Emery was their man they would have authorized him to fix this coaching mess and Emery would have lowered the boom and removed Tucker by force during the bye week in order to try to improve the defense and save his ass. I speculate that Emery may have wanted to but ownership told him no and to turn things around with what he has. How else can you explain no mid season firings on this sinking ship? If this is the case and with the second half of the season unfolding the way it has, Emery could likely be fucked.

I think ownership is watching the Harbaugh situation closely. I would not be surprised if they have reached out to Jim and gauged his interest in the job. If Harbaugh is the man then Emery is toast. Rather then a scenario where the GM and coach are canned and the new GM is hired first and he selects a coach, with Harbaugh I could see ownership making him the HC and letting him have say in the GM selection, much like Fisher in St Louis.

To all the folks that say we would have to give up much needed draft picks to secure Harbaugh I say not so fast. No team including the Raiders would trade for Harbaugh without Harbaugh agreeing to coach there and signing an extension. Harbaugh holds the cards where he will land. If for instance the Raiders, Jets, and Bears all express interest and he wants to only go to Chicago he could tell the other teams to fuck off, they would refuse to trade for him, and Niners will fire him. Niners are not going to extend him and they are only trying to drum up trade interest to try to get something for him. Again, Harbaugh really holds the cards here.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As far as Moon Mullins and PFT reports go, they have no inside information and are simply speculating off past tendencies within the organization. But again, if they are right then why is the front office mum? Something has to be brewing.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Tucker and De Camillis go at end of season. Trestman and Cutler stay. It's not because the Bears are cheap but it's also not rocket surgery.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OP might be on to something. I believe Trestman is gone, along with Emery. We have been embarrassed too many times this season for them not to be both gone. Ownership may be watching the Harbaugh situation closely because he is a proven winner. I wouldn't be surprised if they did hire Harbaugh and gave him full control under one premise, win a damn Super Bowl.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Tucker and DeCamillis will go. Well deserved.

I think Trestman should go but he won't.

I think emery should stay though.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are right I'm gonna need a brain surgeon to remove a section of my cerebrum to enjoy watching this team next year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have a hard time seeing how Trestman would be back, this team does not compete and that is different than just losing.
Sometimes loses still provide hope, getting crushed creates apathy.

The silence is telling and I hope you are right.

What will tell me more is if there are not resigning a or negotiations going on. If future business has been paused that would tell me something.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have a hard time seeing how Trestman would be back, this team does not compete and that is different than just losing.
Sometimes loses still provide hope, getting crushed creates apathy.

The silence is telling and I hope you are right.

What will tell me more is if there are not resigning a or negotiations going on. If future business has been paused that would tell me something.
Thanks for bringing this up, this is absolutely another telling sign if the current regime might be back or not.

It may simply be that nobody is worthy of an extension because the team as a whole stinks but one could argue Paea is worthy of an extension yet all has been quiet. Another thing you often see around this time of year with us is poaching a couple PS players from another team to get a look at them and see if they are worth bringing into the roster next year. The roster shuffle that we saw early has come to a grinding halt outside of replacing IR'd players.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact that the front office has been quiet over the last few weeks is a good thing. If the silence continues over the next 2 weeks and the Bears continue to get embarrassed like I think they will then we are going to be in for some major changes in the offseason.

Ownership has not endorsed Emery and Trestman since the bye week. If there was ever a time to do so they would have been doing it by now. The team is mailing it in because the players might feel like their future coaches are not here. The way you calm those feelings and get the players trying their hardest and focusing on the job at hand is an endorsement from ownership/GM. If the front office knew Trestman was safe they would have said so already, yet it's awfully quiet. I think this spells likely doom for Trestman.

Now what about Emery? I think Emery could potentially be doomed as well. Again ownership has failed to give Emery an endorsement since the bye week. GM's don't always get this like the HC does but there is other supporting evidence as to why Emery could be a goner. First off why has no change been made to Trestman's staff? Not even a well deserved Tucker mid season firing. If ownership knew Emery was their man they would have authorized him to fix this coaching mess and Emery would have lowered the boom and removed Tucker by force during the bye week in order to try to improve the defense and save his ass. I speculate that Emery may have wanted to but ownership told him no and to turn things around with what he has. How else can you explain no mid season firings on this sinking ship? If this is the case and with the second half of the season unfolding the way it has, Emery could likely be fucked.

I think ownership is watching the Harbaugh situation closely. I would not be surprised if they have reached out to Jim and gauged his interest in the job. If Harbaugh is the man then Emery is toast. Rather then a scenario where the GM and coach are canned and the new GM is hired first and he selects a coach, with Harbaugh I could see ownership making him the HC and letting him have say in the GM selection, much like Fisher in St Louis.

To all the folks that say we would have to give up much needed draft picks to secure Harbaugh I say not so fast. No team including the Raiders would trade for Harbaugh without Harbaugh agreeing to coach there and signing an extension. Harbaugh holds the cards where he will land. If for instance the Raiders, Jets, and Bears all express interest and he wants to only go to Chicago he could tell the other teams to fuck off, they would refuse to trade for him, and Niners will fire him. Niners are not going to extend him and they are only trying to drum up trade interest to try to get something for him. Again, Harbaugh really holds the cards here.

That's tampering. You do know that, right?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ian Rapaport has something coming up at 9 on 'big changes coming to chicago' and a potential head coaching candidate on Game Day Morning.