Simmons got no reps at RT

msadows

Liked Posts:
Stages of a coach losing the team.

I don't think he's losing the team, I just think the vets are checked out. Teams been lost, the only guys still trying every play seem to be the young guys on rookie deals.

Peters has been around as a player longer than nagy has as a coach. He knows a shitshow when he see's it.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Training camp reps are overrated and is just being used as an excuse for poor play.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Training camp reps are overrated and is just being used as an excuse for poor play.

Pig simmons isn't an nfl player. Simple as that. Most 7th round picks are garbage, especially on the oline.

He's also had more than enough reps over the last two years being with the team. Guys just doesnt have the talent to play in the NFL. Pretty clear. Kinda how its clear mustipher cant play in the nfl but we keep marchin him out there.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
and the cough.
Simmons not getting reps is understandable. Bars was the backup RT until Sunday. That they played Simmons so Bars could maintain his extra blocker role is where the disconnect begins.
That is the most confusing part...Seriously, why would you rather have him focused on his secondary duties than be the starting RT?

Maybe we should have a WR play RB, instead of the backup RB, oh yeah we did that too.....

Seriously hope the team comes out looking organized and prepared on Sunday WITHOUT Nagy, that way there will be no doubt he needs to go.....

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
There is something wrong with your brane.

You don't see any issue with a dude lining up at RT for the first time in a game against the defending champs who also happen to have an amazing defense?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
i look forward to the post-Peters, Graham and Foles days when they all end up ripping this regime to shreds. Say whatever you want about Kyle Long and his health towards the end of his career but there's a reason why he said he'd never return to play for these guys.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
No surprise, this is the coaching staff who tried to make Rashaad Coward work for 15 games over 2 seasons while better players who would end up replacing him were on the team the entire time.

But it does make you think: was there ANYONE getting reps at RT besides Wilkinson? If not, what was your plan in case your RT got injured in a game and had to leave? Shouldn't every player get at least some snaps in practice at the positions they backup?

This is the lack of attention to detail that will end up being the defining trait of the Nagy Bears.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
There is something wrong with your brane.

You don't see any issue with a dude lining up at RT for the first time in a game against the defending champs who also happen to have an amazing defense?
The better thing is that while he complained about the olines play all preseason, he doesn't realize Simmons started at RT most of training camp which also has nothing to do with what was said in the OP.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I don't think he's losing the team, I just think the vets are checked out.

How is this not contradictory?

Also, some vets are checked out. Some are leaking details and re-tweeting negative stats on how bad shit has been which shows they fear no consequences and are the opposite of "checked out".