Smart Person: Yup. He's ready.

greg23

Liked Posts:
You guys are so negative

Fields will be in after rhe 1st pass play of the season when Nardflo and Donald end the Gingers season

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Hard to know exactly when Fields might get in. You guys know that Nagy is stubborn. Remember that he initially had said he wanted Fields to sit all season behind Dalton.

In Nagy’s mind, he might want to go several games into the season with Dalton “to see what we’ve got” or some such bullshit excuse.

Point being, all the people so certain that Fields is going in against the Rams might want to adjust their expectations.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Week 2 will see Soldier Field fans booing every Dalton incompletion. That's going to be tough to put your team through just to prove a point. While Nagy tends to only get more rigid when he feels pressure, I think this time he caves because it's in the best interest of the team to have the fans behind them. I think halftime week 2.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
There's nothing to blow out of proportion. He shows enough to merit being put out there. I still think he comes in week 4.
Week 4 is way too long. Fuck that. I want him week 1 cause he's obviously better than Dalton and you play your best plays. HOWEVER, I'll give Dalton game 1 just to see how it goes. If he's good I'll give him week 2. Anything less than good and Fields gets the nod for the rest of the season.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be shocked if Fields isn’t in by halftime of week 1. If Dalton and the offense is struggling like most Nagy teams do in 1st half, Nagy could risk starting a locker room blowback. Wouldn’t shock me one bit that the guys in that locker room know that Fields gives them the best chance to win.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to know exactly when Fields might get in. You guys know that Nagy is stubborn. Remember that he initially had said he wanted Fields to sit all season behind Dalton.

In Nagy’s mind, he might want to go several games into the season with Dalton “to see what we’ve got” or some such bullshit excuse.

Point being, all the people so certain that Fields is going in against the Rams might want to adjust their expectations.
I’m starting to think the opposite. He’s such an arrogant prick, he’ll put him out there sooner so he can say I needed a good quarterback to run my offense. Even though 80% will be all fields ad lib
In a 6-11 season, what difference does it make?
development

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I wouldn’t be shocked if Fields isn’t in by halftime of week 1. If Dalton and the offense is struggling like most Nagy teams do in 1st half, Nagy could risk starting a locker room blowback. Wouldn’t shock me one bit that the guys in that locker room know that Fields gives them the best chance to win.
If Nagy thought he was ready week one he would start week one. Barring an injury, if he comes in in relief in the first week it actually puts expectations even higher as though he’s “the savior“, though he really is. I can’t see a scenario in which they bring him in in relief in early games

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
Dalton has to play well, which we haven’t seen yet. He didn’t have to earn the starting job, so the desire to rise up wasn’t there. He’ll have a little more desire now, with Justin ready to go, but without the ability, it’s only a matter of time. Two losses, and we’ll see the kid. Maybe even 1 loss and the threat of a second…….

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

I would say in game one we will see Fields, not as a starter but with a packaged set of plays.