Smarter people than us talking about Justin Fields

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You won’t know either way until you put him in the best possible position to succeed and so far the bears have not done that. Why don’t you get this?

I completely disagree with this theory that he has to be in the best possible position to succeed before you know if he’s good or not. Professional athletes succeed all the time on shitty teams.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe there’s a reason Fields was the 4th QB taken? Maybe there was a reason other QB needy teams passed in the draft? Maybe there’s a reason he’s so far been a terrible pro QB? Can you admit that he just may actually be bad?

I’ve said dozens of times Fields has all the talent in the world. I’ve said he’s a GREAT leader. I said the Bears don’t beat San Fran without him. I’m certainly hoping he becomes great and I acknowledge the incredible skillset he has. I also acknowledge he has a poor roster around him.

He still needs to be better. A lot better.

Only one of us here seems capable of looking at this objectively. For some weird reason you’ve gone full fanboy for Fields. ?‍♂️
I've done that multiple times today. I said he may very well be bad or a bust.

Bears are sure doing their part to make it so.

Edit: I literally said it in this thread 1663729467697.png

Last edited:

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Maybe there’s a reason Fields was the 4th QB taken? Maybe there was a reason other QB needy teams passed in the draft? Maybe there’s a reason he’s so far been a terrible pro QB? Can you admit that he just may actually be bad?

I’ve said dozens of times Fields has all the talent in the world. I’ve said he’s a GREAT leader. I said the Bears don’t beat San Fran without him. I’m certainly hoping he becomes great and I acknowledge the incredible skillset he has. I also acknowledge he has a poor roster around him.

He still needs to be better. A lot better.

Only one of us here seems capable of looking at this objectively. For some weird reason you’ve gone full fanboy for Fields. ?‍♂️
Yes because clearly trey lance and max jones have shown that IT factor we all want to see.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think that he needs to get better as does the offensive line, the linebackers and the receivers. That's where the $100M comes in and a full draft class next year as far as I am concerned. baby steps this season. 7-9 or 8-8 would be just fine with me and a full season to develop Fields and this defense.
Does one of their games get canceled for some reason?

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I think that he needs to get better as does the offensive line, the linebackers and the receivers. That's where the $100M comes in and a full draft class next year as far as I am concerned. baby steps this season. 7-9 or 8-8 would be just fine with me and a full season to develop Fields and this defense.
This is year 2 of a 17 game season fwiw

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I completely disagree with this theory that he has to be in the best possible position to succeed before you know if he’s good or not. Professional athletes succeed all the time on shitty teams.
We’ve covered this. In almost every case when a team drafts a quarterback they have somewhat of an established OL or a playmaker at te or receiver. If they don’t in year 1 one, they will year 2.

I can’t think of a team who hasn’t done that. Hell even Christian Ponder got weapons.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Not really the point.

The point is enough people thought there were holes in his game that he got skipped several times. Some Bears fans act like they drafted a generational QB prospect. They didn’t.
Jacksonville got one of the multiple generational qbs (@msadows) and he finally had his first good game last week. So that's exciting

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not really the point.

The point is enough people thought there were holes in his game that he got skipped several times. Some Bears fans act like they drafted a generational QB prospect. They didn’t.
So did mahomes it happens every draft. Rodgers almost fell out the first round. It’s not an exact science

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We’ve covered this. In almost every case when a team drafts a quarterback they have somewhat of an established OL or a playmaker at te or receiver. If they don’t in year 1 one, they will year 2.

I can’t think of a team who hasn’t done that. Hell even Christian Ponder got weapons.
So no matter how Fields plays this year we can’t make any judgments because of the lack of supporting talent?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
So no matter how Fields plays this year we can’t make any judgments because of the lack of supporting talent?
I never said that. I’ve said several times by weeks 8-9 the light should turn on if it doesn’t then I’ll be concerned.

When he’s pla7ing against blue chip talent with b,c and d level skill players he’s going to have games that stink.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not really the point.

Being skipped over definitely means he sucks. Haven't seen any QBs be skipped over and end up being good.

and there was like 2 posters calling him generational and one poster said the same exact thing about two other QBs in the same draft. This really is turning into a BR situation.

Fucking *SKY POINT* to my dawg. Fell off a cliff.
skypoint (1).jpeg