Smith predicts Rose to make All Star team

RPK

Liked Posts:
He'd be the first Bull in quite a while..

I was wondering if you can settle a dispute that my future brother-in-law and I are having. Do you believe that D. Rose will be an all-star next year. I say "Yes!" and he says "No way!". His argument is that there are so many PG's in the East who are clearly better and more experienced than D. Rose. I think he will have a stronger season this year than his rookie season and his defense alone should set him apart from the top 4 or 5 PG's in the league.

Kyle

Sam: You don’t want any help in the dispute over whether he should marry your sister? OK, Rose. I say All Star. Actually, I don’t know who all these great East guards are. The best points are in the West. Maybe only Devin Harris ranks with Rose among point guards, and I see the Bulls a much better team. That always counts for a lot. Gilbert Arenas will return, but who knows at what level. I don’t see Rajon Rondo ahead of Rose. Among shooting guards as they don’t distinguish among positions are Ray Allen, Dwyane Wade, Andre Iguodala, Vince Carter, Richard Hamilton, Michael Redd, Joe Johnson. Oh, and Ben Gordon. But with Gordon gone I can see Rose averaging 20 or close and he is popular as Rookie of the Year. It will be close, but I say he gets to be the first Bulls All Star since Michael in 1998. About time.

I know Sam is employed by the Bulls but I trust that he is speaking the truth.

RPK

Liked Posts:
Ewww...Luol at the 2 or 4!?

Further reading will bring forth this frightening tidbit:

Do you think James Johnson could be a long term answer at forward alongside Luol Deng if he develops? Can either of them guard 4s? Can either of them be guarded by 4s?

Kevin

Sam: I think there are plans—as there have been before and then the season starts—to try Deng some at four and two (love to talk inside NBA lingo). Johnson remains that same question mark that got him to 16. He showed some amazing passing and ball handling skills in summer league, but a scattered, undisciplined game. I can see him with some focus being a heck of a forward addition and able to play two, three or four, assuming also he stays in shape. He has awfully thick lower legs (I once only looked at women that way) and while light on his feet now will have to remain light at the dining table to stay that way. I like his chances because he can be an exciting and versatile player.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
RPK wrote:
Ewww...

Further reading will bring forth this frightening tidbit:

Do you think James Johnson could be a long term answer at forward alongside Luol Deng if he develops? Can either of them guard 4s? Can either of them be guarded by 4s?

Kevin

Sam: I think there are plans—as there have been before and then the season starts—to try Deng some at four and two (love to talk inside NBA lingo). Johnson remains that same question mark that got him to 16. He showed some amazing passing and ball handling skills in summer league, but a scattered, undisciplined game. I can see him with some focus being a heck of a forward addition and able to play two, three or four, assuming also he stays in shape. He has awfully thick lower legs (I once only looked at women that way) and while light on his feet now will have to remain light at the dining table to stay that way. I like his chances because he can be an exciting and versatile player.

Is Sam suggesting he is now a homosexual?

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
As for Rose I really think he can make it. I think with an improved 3 pt shot and some better D he will be on the team.