So after a quarter of the season, is Roquan worth more than S. Leonard?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I am guessing something gets done after the trade deadline in late Nov or early Dec if Quan keeps this up. At that point will likely not need the cap space they are holding on to for in season moves. Likelihood goes up if they do end up moving someone like Quinn.
Are you saying you think they make him the highest paid LB in the NFL as is his want? I doubt that.
Or do you think Sumoquan bends on those demands? I also doubt that.

Reactions: Myk

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t want them paying him 20 million or even 17-18

Every year he starts off slow (out of shape?) and he seems to miss time at the end of the year with injuries. Doesn’t create turnovers.

I’m just a fan

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
18 mil per year. Not a penny more. 18 per over 4 years. 38 mil GTD

But if he is the only LB in the top 5 in both categories why should he accept less than other LBs who arent in top 5 in both?

But are his numbers inflated bcuz his tackles are after the guy has a first down? Also Leonard is playing so the gauge is blurry maybe? These are logical questions not dumping on a bear. I think he needs a new contract I just think it should reflect the price for position. If he's top five pay him top five but number one highest ever hmmm that's where I double check the math personally. We shall see

Umm no. A run stop is defined as tackling a player in a situation that would be deemed unsuccessful for the offense. So for example a tackle for a 2 yard gain on 3rd and 3. So by definition it cannot be a run that got a first down.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Are you saying you think they make him the highest paid LB in the NFL as is his want? I doubt that.
Or do you think Sumoquan bends on those demands? I also doubt that.

I said if he keeps this up ie if he remains a top 5 run defender and coverage guy. If so then yeah I think they give him more than Leonard.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
But if he is the only LB in the top 5 in both categories why should he accept less than other LBs who arent in top 5 in both?

Umm no. A run stop is defined as tackling a player in a situation that would be deemed unsuccessful for the offense. So for example a tackle for a 2 yard gain on 3rd and 3. So by definition it cannot be a run that got a first down.

Because that start is partly bullocks and because just one guy gets the bag doesn’t make another lower comparable player worth more because of some PFF stat. It’d all about impact vs cap %

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because that start is partly bullocks and because just one guy gets the bag doesn’t make another lower comparable player worth more because of some PFF stat. It’d all about impact vs cap %

Yeah that is not how FA works. The highest paid player is not necessarily the best.

QB - Highest paid player was Watson until Murray signed his deal, until Wilson signed until Rodgers signed. Best player though is probably Mahomes.

RB - It was Henry until Cook, Kamara, Elliot and CMC signed. Only CMC is arguably better than Henry but he is injury prone.

WR - Hill while highest paid is likely not the best WR. That is probably Cooper Kuup or Adams.

TE - Waller and Kittle not better than Kelce or Andrews.

I will stop there as hopefully you see the point. This is how FA works. Once a guy tops the market like a Warner or Leonard the next guy that comes along that is at least comparable gets paid more.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah that is not how FA works. The highest paid player is not necessarily the best.

QB - Highest paid player was Watson until Murray signed his deal, until Wilson signed until Rodgers signed. Best player though is probably Mahomes.

RB - It was Henry until Cook, Kamara, Elliot and CMC signed. Only CMC is arguably better than Henry but he is injury prone.

WR - Hill while highest paid is likely not the best WR. That is probably Cooper Kuup or Adams.

I will stop there as hopefully you see the point. This is how FA works. Once a guy tops the market like a Warner or Leonard the next guy that comes along that is at least comparable gets paid more.
I know how FA works. Sometimes the way things work, aren’t conducive to good practice or smart decisions

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
@remydat actually isn't using PFF here because it doesn't support his argument this time. Roquan grades out horribly in PFF I believe

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

And it usually is based on the percentage the cap goes up. Cap goes up top paid contracts also go up.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know how FA works. Sometimes the way things work, aren’t conducive to good practice or smart decisions

The point was it is not about PFF. If Quan is deemed to be comparable to Leonard and Warner then he will get paid because his contract is up after them.

@remydat actually isn't using PFF here because it doesn't support his argument this time. Roquan grades out horribly in PFF I believe

Using PFF stats not their grades. 2 different things. And yes Quan's PFF grades are terrible.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Noshoquan today