So, did Fields shut up the critics?

DammitFullerTurnUrHead!

Liked Posts:
I'm not watching the game tonight, so I'm not sold. I already made the decision a while back that he is a system QB. Maybe I'll change my mind in the offseason once watching tape, but probably not because I want to be right.
This post is a shining example of why most people should not be taken serious when it comes to their opinion on stuff.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Agreed.

I think all three of these guys will be special.

Lance terrifies the fuck out of me, so of course, we'll end up drafting him.

I adore Lance, though I understand your concerns about him. If he falls to the late top 10, I'd give up alot of picks to get him.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Smart people don't let 1 game sway their opinion either way on a prospect, when there is an entire body of work and you actually scout the traits instead of the boxscore.

true. But it is nice to see him perform in a big game, the same way his entire body of work has been. It just re affirms how good this kid is going to be IMO

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
In my humble opinion....absolute not.
He is not worth drafting in the first rd and definitely not worth trading up for

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He's balled out. Made a lot of big time throws downfield and shredded clemsons D. 6 TD's.

All of that after he took a nasty as fuck illegal hit to the ribs that would have sent everyone posting on CCS to the hospital.
Bwahahahahaha. My wife hits me harder than that hit.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I adore Lance, though I understand your concerns about him. If he falls to the late top 10, I'd give up alot of picks to get him.
Did you really say you “adore” him?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
true. But it is nice to see him perform in a big game, the same way his entire body of work has been. It just re affirms how good this kid is going to be IMO

Absolutely. But even if he didnt, Fields still had 3 monster games against top 13 teams in 2019. He threw for 320 against Clemson last year. And you know who else has their worst games against good defenses in big games? Pretty much every QB ever, except I guess Burrow last year. But even he had a mediocre 2019 full of bad games against good teams.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
All players have critics.. Fields was outstanding last night, and so was Sermon

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Who is the better QB prospect between Lance and Love?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Smart people don't let 1 game sway their opinion either way on a prospect, when there is an entire body of work and you actually scout the traits instead of the boxscore.

So what if a persons entire body of work says they only threw nine picks ? over a 4yr career?

1609634232068.png

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Joe Montana threw 25 in his college career.
I bet Justin throws more than 9 in his first 16 starts in the nfl.

I hear ya. Well rawdawg seemed to be presenting Fields Sugar Bowl performance as nothing to be swayed by. Almost like
if someone didn't have Fields rated high b4 the Sugar Bowl then don't let one game change ones mind. Look at the body of work. So I was just looking at his body of work from for a int. perspective thus far.

But....yeah, I get your point. And I agree, he's gonna probably throw more ints. in his 16 starts. Montana threw 9 picks first 7 NFL starts and 12 picks in 16 starts. Man....if we could find a Qb like Montana in the 3rd round, how great would that be? :cool:

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
I hear ya. Well rawdawg seemed to be presenting Fields Sugar Bowl performance as nothing to be swayed by. Almost like
if someone didn't have Fields rated high b4 the Sugar Bowl then don't let one game change ones mind. Look at the body of work. So I was just looking at his body of work from for a int. perspective thus far.

But....yeah, I get your point. And I agree, he's gonna probably throw more ints. in his 16 starts. Montana threw 9 picks first 7 NFL starts and 12 picks in 16 starts. Man....if we could find a Qb like Montana is the 3rd round, how great would that be? :cool:

I was not high on fields after the NW game. He was my #3 qb.

I am very high on him after what I saw from last night.

If he repeats that performance against bama and wins the ship, shit, I'd consider him over lawrence.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

No, I was saying the exact opposite. The Northwestern game shouldn't have brought critics the way they did. The Sugar Bowl shouldn't move him back to QB2, if he wasn't there already.

My post wasn't very clear where i stood, and I know there's a lot of posters and a lot of threads on this board, but I've been one of the people saying that Fields is QB2 and won't fall past the 2nd pick because he'd be the best QB prospect in any draft that doesn't have a generational talent (Lawrence) or a QB having put together the best college season ever (Burrow). Fields is phenomenal. Always has been.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I was not high on fields after the NW game. He was my #3 qb.

I am very high on him after what I saw from last night.

If he repeats that performance against bama and wins the ship, shit, I'd consider him over lawrence.

Yep....
Well I mentioned that earlier.....if he runs the table, he may very well be the #1 pick. ?
Plus, last night he did the " Hollywood, come-back-and-finish-the-game-with-bruised-ribs" performance
? ? ?

Last edited: