So does this mean Mack is 100% part of the Wilson trade?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bears converted a portion of Mack's salary to signing bonus to save cap space... or did they?

One of the major sticking points in any Wilson trade has got to be the $39M SB cap hit SEA will incur. What if the Bears offered them Mack and said they would pay a big portion of his salary this next season as a SB to make his salary extremely low next season. The Bears could convert $10M of his $17M salary for 2021 into a SB and then trade him to SEA and he would be a minuscule $7M cap hit to SEA next season.

:dramatic:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You typically see the bigger contracts convert cap to cash when teams are needing cap space - nothing surprising here
Yeah, I know, but this would be quite a #calledit if they pulled off this suave move.

bears5150

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
So every little move the Bears make its a prelude to trading for Wilson? And I agree this posting ever thought needs to stop Phucking mellenials.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So every little move the Bears make its a prelude to trading for Wilson? And I agree this posting ever thought needs to stop Phucking mellenials.
Take a chill pill gramps. Just a different angle on what could be happening, it's not like my kids ball fell on your lawn.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I know, but this would be quite a #calledit if they pulled off this suave move.

Not so sure about suave, because while what your suggesting would make Mack easier to fit into Seattle's cap, it would mean the cost to the Bears cap to move him even higher.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
* * * B o o m e r A l e r t * * *

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The effects of captivity.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Not so sure about suave, because while what your suggesting would make Mack easier to fit into Seattle's cap, it would mean the cost to the Bears cap to move him even higher.

I tend to disagree with OP's take as it adding anything to a "likely" scenario but it could still be suave. If SEA wants Mack and the Bears offer him at a discounted rate eating more cap than before so SEA can pencil him in at peanuts, hypothetically, they might let us keep more draft picks.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
But if taking a cap hit on Mack increased his value to SEA and made a Wilson for cheap contract Mack, Fuller, 2021 1st, and 2021 3rd that would be quite the move.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So he is not posting correctly? On a message board forum designed to allow its members to post?

:hitler:
Funny how a completely different perspective is so abhorrent. I don't think it is likely, but I thought message boards were kinda for exercises in thought.

I guess only if the thought matches the groupthink.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
Only problem I have with this premise is that it requires Pace to be slick and crafty, something he’s not known to be.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Funny how a completely different perspective is so abhorrent. I don't think it is likely, but I thought message boards were kinda for exercises in thought.

I guess only if the thought matches the groupthink.

I believe he doesn't like your frequency. I don't give a shit. When DezBears was starting new threads, so many people here laughed AT him and it was funny and still good times overall. Very few whined that he made too many.

This guy doesn't know how to CCS very well.

Last edited: