So guys, how do you rate Field's game tonight?

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I'd say Justin's performance Sunday night was about average with some good mixed in with some bad. In other words, a fairly typical rookie performance. It's way too early to make any judgements on how good Fields can ultimately be. The offensive line will need to be addressed in the off season and hopefully a new head coach will be hired that will bring a scheme that fits Fields' strengths.

Trey Lance hasn't even made it on the field as of yet. Zach Wilson has looked pretty awful in an awful organization. That's life with a rookie QB. Mac Jones has looked really solid but that's no surprise since he was drafted by an organization that has dominated the league for the past 20 years and knows how to build a team.

We should know by the end of year 2 or the at the latest the middle of year 3 if Fields is the guy or not.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Fields did as well as to be expected. I wish the fumble never happened, but just about any QB would have fumbled if hit at that exact time and in the same manner. I've seen Rodgers do it in the past.

I think his ribs were still hurting him to throw as his passes didn't have the usual zip, hence the pick 6.

The Bears have way more problems than Fields. In fact, he may be one of the bright spots going forward

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
not a great game he is lucky he did not have 5 or 6 turnovers. But the one thing I liked was what worked is the short game.. his 2 TD where both short passes that turned into TD on both, something I have been saying a lot in the jones vs Fields thread..

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is what I saw:

1st Half - closing moments, Rogers on his side line looking a little "concerned" about how the Rookie QB was putting together a drive.
2nd Half - Rogers tired of getting sacked began picking us apart with quick passes and a Rookie QB fighting to stay in the game, but had some critical mistakes

Too many throws that were high, but I honestly think that can be corrected.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
The cherry on top? 1 carry for David Montgomery after halftime.

He needs better coaching.

this sounds an awful lot like Nagy's final game w/ the Chiefs where he abandoned the run

notice the Packers coach doesn't have his face buried in a playsheet the entire game

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
He was inconsistent last night. A lot of his passes were high, which hasn’t been the case all year. He also short armed that dump off pass when scrambling to his left, which he’s usually very accurate on. I’d say the ribs probably were affecting his throws.

I’d also say it’s not good seeing all those jump passes because the OL was in his lap. Don’t want to see those bad habits forming.

Last edited:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some real objective takes here. Good job, guys.

I'm so impressed, I'm retiring "Fumblelina" for now.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I do think the ribs may have played a role in some of the playcalling. He mentioned discomfort. That to me is a scary thought when you try to throw accurately. He is tough though.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
He was inconsistent last night. A lot of his passes were high, which hasn’t been the case all year. He also short armed that dump off pass when scrambling to his left, which he’s usually very accurate on. I’d say the ribs probably were affecting his throws.

I’d say. OST co venting is seeing all those jump passes because the OL was in his lap. Don’t want to see those bad habits forming.
My thoughts exactly.

Then again, Colinsworth was gushing over the constant hop passes from Rodgers ?

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
My thoughts exactly.

Then again, Colinsworth was gushing over the constant hop passes from Rodgers ?
I shut the audio off...CC was over the top on Rodgers..I heard that Twitter was going nuts over it too

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I shut the audio off...CC was over the top on Rodgers..I heard that Twitter was going nuts over it too

Chris Collinsworth is terrible at his job and should not be a commentator. He says something stupid almost every game.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Honestly not impressed. Not gonna call him Bustin Fields yet, but honestly haven't seen much in the way of accuracy. Also, the deep ball was his biggest asset in college - he hasn't been able to connect on those at all.

If he doesn't considerably improve in the next couple games, sadly we better think about some competition for next year....

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

Yeah he was laying it on a little thick

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Honestly not impressed. Not gonna call him Bustin Fields yet, but honestly haven't seen much in the way of accuracy. Also, the deep ball was his biggest asset in college - he hasn't been able to connect on those at all.

If he doesn't considerably improve in the next couple games, sadly we better think about some competition for next year....
Hasn’t connected on deep passes at all eh… cool

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Try to hold back the excuses and be objective.

It was bad...even for a rookie. He got a huge lift from Jakeem Grant. That 46 yard "TD pass."
When Brady or Rodgers throws that 46 yard “TD pass” they would have been given accolades a plenty.

JUSTFINGWIN

Liked Posts:
He has to speed up his game. Both throwing motion and processing is not quick enough.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's in his first year and adjusting to a higher level of competition.

To be blunt, whenever he takes the field you'll see some bad things. It's overly ambitious to think he'll correct those each week. That's for the off-season where he's got real world reps to guide his off-season learning.

Maybe to add some perspective, there are only 7-10 teams in the league that are 100% confident in their starting QB. Often teams are giving out extensions with rookie questions still unanswered (Goff?). I can appreciate that you are frustrated he's not where you want him to be, but if that means your expectations were unrealistic then identify that and correct accordingly.

greg23

Liked Posts:
One year. Cardinals got rid of the number one pick after one year and look where they are now. Idt they would get rid of fields coming in he has too much potential. But one year should be enough to see if it’s worth pursuing long term

They had the #1 overall pick the following year....pace has us set up for pick # 40

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He didn't have his usual zip on his passes which leads me to believe he was favoring his ribs a bit....his potential is undeniable but the fumbling and the small hands thing is troublesome. I've been saying for a few years now that I don't like the design of Nagy's offense, particularly the route trees....I'm very interested to see how the kid performs with a different playbook.