So guys, how do you rate Field's game tonight?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He has to speed up his game. Both throwing motion and processing is not quick enough.
His throwing motion is what it is and probably will never change much but you are correct that he needs to speed up his decision making....that alone would eliminate a lot of his fumbles.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
His throwing motion is what it is and probably will never change much but you are correct that he needs to speed up his decision making....that alone would eliminate a lot of his fumbles.
Why won't it?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It was good and bad, Fields showed his mobility more than his throwing for obvious reasons. This roster was s awful and Pace and Nagy need to be fired

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Hasn’t connected on deep passes at all eh… cool
Haven't missed a snap all year and I'm having trouble remembering nice deep passes that were caught or on the money. Just saying that was a strength, and it's pretty much non existent right now

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he did the best he could considering the circumstances. I was concerned by the lack of running game for Montgomery. They also didn't take any deep shots. However, in order to do that, you need time to throw, which he didn't have. Jenkins was playing his first game in over a year. They didn't seem to call many plays that fit Justin's strengths like bootlegs. It is also concerning some of the coaches decisions like punting on 4th and inches. Fields also didn't seem to be in sync with his receivers. Getting concerned about Kmet. Robinson clearly checked out. Mooney must lead the league in tipped receptions leading to interceptions or however you want to describe it.

From here on, I just want to see the rookies continue to show progress and growth.

Remember, it took Peters about 4 games or so to get into game shape. I imagine something similar for Jenkins. With that being said, I don't think we will know what we have in him until next year.

Liked Posts:
He played both really well at times and really poorly. All in all, I think he's being entrusted with more of the game plan, which is great news. If he can minimize turnovers and add consistency, he will be an MVP level QB. If not, he will be a bust.

There is no "average" QB in his Outlook.
Game Plan??? Hell, There hasn't been a game plan since Topless Visor took over!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hit and miss but another game of experience under his belt. He will figure it out.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Haven't missed a snap all year and I'm having trouble remembering nice deep passes that were caught or on the money. Just saying that was a strength, and it's pretty much non existent right now
It has been a few weeks due to his injury and the bye week built into that.

Lions, 49ers, and Steelers had deep shots on the money. Ravens had some drops before his injury.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Why won't it?
they tried that with Tebow and it also didnt work out. His throwing motion is what it is, its not like its Tebow slow or anything. And messing with it can mess with his accuracy and during a game he is going to revert back to what feels natural anyway.

Unless your thinking trying to copy Jones throwing motion? Superbowl here we come!

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
they tried that with Tebow and it also didnt work out. His throwing motion is what it is, its not like its Tebow slow or anything. And messing with it can mess with his accuracy and during a game he is going to revert back to what feels natural anyway.

Unless your thinking trying to copy Jones throwing motion? Superbowl here we come!
Holy shit, you're a fucking r3tard

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Hit and miss but another game of experience under his belt. He will figure it out.
Agree, some highs and lows but man that interior of the Bears oline is so bad. Everyone is talking about Jenkins but he at least has potential and needs reps. The issue is the Bears have the worst center in the NFL. It is one of the top priorities in the off season along with WR and CB. Mustipher fucking sucks (hard to be successful as a QB when there is pressure right up the middle every time).

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
My unclouded. unbiased, unabridged and totally honest take on Justin Fields on his play as a quarterback:

Justin Fields = Jay Cutler

Sure Fields is more fleet of foot and seems to have a better work ethic than "Don't care!" Cutler, but they both have tremendous arm talent and they far too often try to win games with their arm over their brain. They both would need strong coaching to learn to play within a system. Learn to take what a defense gives them and not force something that isn't there. Stop holding the ball until something comes open, trust more than just yourself on the offense.

Needless to say that the Bears botched their last Jay Cutler...time to see if anyone at Halas Hall learned anything from it.
One difference you clearly forgot to point out though is that Fields is vegan. Which makes me question whether he could be as durable as Cutler behind a shit o line.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree, some highs and lows but man that interior of the Bears oline is so bad. Everyone is talking about Jenkins but he at least has potential and needs reps. The issue is the Bears have the worst center in the NFL. It is one of the top priorities in the off season along with WR and CB. Mustipher fucking sucks (hard to be successful as a QB when there is pressure right up the middle every time).
For real. He is terrible.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Went over your head did it?
Your example was Tim Tebow. Speaking of heads, put yours in a microwave.

And i guarantee you've seen no more than 2 or 3 Patriots games this season.

Also @Diehardfan i noticed you didnt reply to my question but liked a dumb response to it. Guess you have no response.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doing things wrong is ok if you are learning from them. Fields strikes me as someone who can do that.

I hope the oline can also improve.
He was being reckless with the ball in garbage time. I have NO issue with trying to take big risks when you're down a bunch...but he was pitching the ball out while getting sacked and shooting jump shots without planting his feet...etc.

I don't want to see that become a thing...

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Your example was Tim Tebow. Speaking of heads, put yours in a microwave.

And i guarantee you've seen no more than 2 or 3 Patriots games this season.

Also @Diehardfan i noticed you didnt reply to my question but liked a dumb response to it. Guess you have no response.
Yes because Tebow had a very slow long windup and he tried changing it and it didnt work.. he just went back to what he would naturally do his whole career..

In no was was I comparing Fields to Tebow so you can relax.

Also when I contradicted my first point with changing his motion to Jones.. thats called sarcasm.

I know this all went over your head the first time but hopefully you can grasp it now?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He was inconsistent last night. A lot of his passes were high, which hasn’t been the case all year. He also short armed that dump off pass when scrambling to his left, which he’s usually very accurate on. I’d say the ribs probably were affecting his throws.

I’d also say it’s not good seeing all those jump passes because the OL was in his lap. Don’t want to see those bad habits forming.
It actually has been a tendency all year but the high throws were more prominent yesterday.
Who cares about the loss, Fields broke out this game
and a few others I've made over time.