So guys, how do you rate Field's game tonight?

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
The Peckers have a top 10 defense btw. Field's schedule has been one of the hardest league wide. Just sayin'.

Hopefully he has better luck against the Vikings, whom the Bears will see twice in the final four games. They appear to be less imposing than the Packers defense, which seems to be counter-intuitive, yet true.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Hopefully he has better luck against the Vikings, whom the Bears will see twice in the final four games. They appear to be less imposing than the Packers defense, which seems to be counter-intuitive, yet true.
Bears can’t win even posting 30 points. Defense is really bad due to injuries, schemes, and no able bodies. The Bears were out scored even with pick 6. GB showed mercy by running ball more in 2nd half.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Fields plays like he reads things too slowly. When he throws he is often late benefitting from routes that allow late throws. But on plays that don't the throw is put into hard to reach areas when better timing would have made it easier. Or he misses window throws and just doesn't throw them. I expect his processing and timing to get better in time. Develop some anticipation. If not he is still better than previous QBs. Previously he's thrown with a high velocity that could cover for late throws. Sunday night his ribs took a lot off of his throws so... pick 6. I was dismayed he simply credited the defender with making a great play. He stated the defender had been jumping routes all game. That showed a lack of realization that his throw was late. And thereby admitted that he made no adjustment for a defender jumping routes such as throwing sooner or harder. This is something a QB coach should be fixing.

He still throws too high. This is the cause of multiple interceptions as the WRs play volleyball with it. And Nagy's hook scheme of hitches and curls generally leaves defenders behind the receiver and primed for the turnover. I don't do film study. but I see Fields having to throw moments before being smacked in the mouth so his high throws often come from hop or bounce throwing over rushers. So I don't really know if he does it while clean.

On the bright side there read he made that told him it was man and he'd be able to simply run for the 1st down. He didn't hesitate or get cute. He cleared the pocket took a great angle and cleanly beat everyone to the first while still having ample run to slide. Nice recognition.

The Byrd TD was a great route by Byrd however Fields hit him a touch slow but with such accuracy that he led Byrd so well he didn't break stride or slow down. THAT is something you pretty much never see from any Bear's QB. That is one of those oh shit moments that shows Fields can be special.

If you compare Fields from Cleveland to Lamblow you see clear improvements. As well as things that are not improving. Whatever new regime Chicago gets I hope it's not another patty cake-feelings Trestman/Nagy kind of guy.

Nagy's be you crap has me leaning heavily toward McDaniels.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I honestly don't know how anyone can watch Fields and not notice how much he's improving.