So I watched last year's 9er's vs Bears game again last night....

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And honestly... I don't see the gap. Sure... the 9er's were missing players... but IDGAF. So were the Bears. No Mack, no Monty, both safeties go out early, and Borom had his first start. Plus the Bears coaching staff had Covid so the special teams coordinator was acting head coach for the game. (that may have been a positive?)

The Bears pass rush was getting a good push against the 9er's Oline (with Trent Williams in the line up), they just had no help on the back end. Jimmy G was making quick decisions with guys in his face and getting completions. (Plays that Lance will most definitely bail on instead of standing in there) Now the 9er's have 3 new players on the interior of their Oline and it has looked quite shaky in the preseason.

Justin Fields was beating up the 9er's defense with his legs and arm. (in a NAGY OFFENSE!!) The Bears offense had numerous lengthy drives and outside of being conservative in the redzone, were getting large chunks of yardage in the run game from Herbert. Imagine what Fields will look like when running a less predictive offense that builds on itself and actually flows well. (fyi, 9er's defense does struggle against mobile qb's)

I really don't see SF matching the intensity that the Bears will play with early on. (Because of HITS).

I feel like at halftime the 9er's will be in the locker room getting an ear full because they're getting rolled over by a bunch of "losers". They "may" come out in the 2nd half and turn it up to get the win.... but I feel like it will be an uphill struggle. The Bears might not be good this year, but I think it's quite possible they dole out a beatdown week 1.

Shanny will have to dig deep in the gimmick bag to pull out a win Sunday.

BEAR DOWN!!!

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Last year has little merit in determining this one. We caught the 49ers in a 6 game streak where we were their only win. They found their stride a couple weeks later.

Last years roster and scheme is very different than last so does not reflect much on this years game.

That said, It's football. We got a shot.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
And honestly... I don't see the gap. Sure... the 9er's were miss players... but IDGAF. So were the Bears. No Mack, no Monty, both safeties go out early, and Borom had his first start. Plus the Bears coaching staff had Covid so the special teams coordinator was acting head coach for the game. (that may have been a positive?)

The Bears pass rush was getting a good push against the 9er's Oline (with Trent Williams in the line up), they just had no help on the back end. Jimmy G was making quick decisions with guys in his face and getting completions. (Plays that Lance will most definitely bail on instead of standing in there) Now the 9er's have 3 new players on the interior of their Oline and it has looked quite shaky in the preseason.

Justin Fields was beating up the 9er's defense with his legs and arm. (in a NAGY OFFENSE!!) The Bears offense had numerous lengthy drives and outside of being conservative in the redzone, were getting large chunks of yardage in the run game from Herbert. Imagine what Fields will look like when running a less predictive offense that builds on itself and actually flows well. (fyi, 9er's defense does struggle against mobile qb's)

I really don't see SF matching the intensity that the Bears will play with early on. (Because of HITS).

I feel like at halftime the 9er's will be in the locker room getting an ear full because they're getting rolled over by a bunch of "losers". They "may" come out in the 2nd half and turn it up to get the win.... but I feel like it will be an uphill struggle. The Bears might not be good this year, but I think it's quite possible they dole out a beatdown week 1.

Shanny will have to dig deep in the gimmick bag to pull out a win Sunday.

BEAR DOWN!!!
I appreciate your optimism

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well i THINK I read somewhere that the bears got new grass recently and we will have to see how that impacts the game.

Otherwise I agree, the 49ers about to get boat raced by the Flus

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I appreciate your optimism

TBH, I'm a realist, not an optimist or pessimist. To me, it's all about intensity. If you get all 11 on the field to play with the same intensity, they can easily best a more "talented" team. This translates to most things in I have experienced in life.

I have this weird feeling the Bears are going to come out amp'd up similar to how they were week 1 in 2018.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last year has little merit in determining this one. We caught the 49ers in a 6 game streak where we were their only win. They found their stride a couple weeks later.

Last years roster and scheme is very different than last so does not reflect much on this years game.

That said, It's football. We got a shot.

The 9er's caught the Bears being coached by Matt Nagy... I think that trumps a 4 game losing streak. Also, I was only pointing out how pathetic the Bear's offense was last year, and yet it was having no issue moving the ball against a top 5 defense.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Bears only shot is if Trey Lance plays like shit, which could happen.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Damn... so even if Fields plays great they don't have a chance? Yikes!
Correct. 9ers have the superior team and offensive coach. We've seen Fields play great and the Bears still lose. Bears need the 9ers and Trey Lance to underachieve in this game.

Dumpster Fire

Liked Posts:
Any given Sunday. It is asinine to think a team doesn't have a chance vs any other team in the NFL. Parity is real. We see upsets every weekend.

Bust

Liked Posts:
The only thing that matters are the team tunnel jams tho . . .make sure you have max volume with good bass

Niners are kickin it brah's.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
49ers 14
Bears 28

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I want to know what @airtime143 has to say. He seems to call it a lot better than most in here