So now that we've had time to digest.....

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
..... did we NOT dodge a huge bullet with Carmelo choosing the Knicks over us?

Yeesh, what a friggin' debacle.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Too soon. The Bulls still could have used a perimeter defender and scorer more than another post player. Pau has been great, but when its time to face stretch 4's and teams with size and scoring on the wings like OKC, Cavs, GS, Portland, etc.... That's when it will matter.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Too soon. The Bulls still could have used a perimeter defender and scorer more than another post player. Pau has been great, but when its time to face stretch 4's and teams with size and scoring on the wings like OKC, Cavs, GS, Portland, etc.... That's when it will matter.
Oh good only one of those teams is in the East. Oh wait, its fucking LeBrons team.

Sent from the year 1885 via Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A three headed perimeter monster of Rose, Melo, and Butler would be fun to watch though.

So far the combined contributions of Butler, Gasol, and Niko have given us the edge over just Melo, but we can't really be definitive until later in the season. Gasol could very well be in a suit come playoff time for all we know.

We definitely got our bang for our buck though.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You said "defender" so that excludes Melo right there

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Totally disagree. And when you say "another" post player...who was the post player that the Bulls had initially on the roster?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Yes we did but let's see if bulls can win in playoffs

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Totally disagree. And when you say "another" post player...who was the post player that the Bulls had initially on the roster?

Exactly. The lack of depth at big man last year was glaring. This year the team has two 7 footers to lock down the paint, the ultimate hard hat n lunch pail big, and a talented stretch four coming off the bench. It's been the team's biggest strength. Now with the backcourt starting to take over in games, this is a scary team with a lot of weapons, inside and out.

Liked Posts:
I still rock with Melo and wish he signed with us, but I'm happy with where the Bulls are now

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bulls look really really really good. Way better than 2010-11. Best team, by far, they've had since the Jordan era.

The rest of the league should be very scared. It's impossible to deny the up-side of this team.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Melo experiment would have been interesting, but I am really enjoying this rendition of the Bulls. Fun to watch. Pau is every bit as game worthy as Melo for a lot less $$.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Or perhaps, Melo proves us wrong by winning a championship with the Knicks? :dunno:

well that's not gonna happen

but if Bulls don't win a championship there will always be a "what if?"

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
You said "defender" so that excludes Melo right there
Carmelo is not a great defender, but he is solid with enough size and speed to compete against other SF's and "stretch" 4's. With Thibs coaching he would be very helpful to Jimmy who basically has to defend everyone under 6'10 that the Bulls face.

Taj, Noah, and Melo would be a very good frontcourt and when you compare it to to Pau, Noah, and Dunleavy Jr. Its way to soon for people to be gloating about how much better the Bulls are without Melo than they would have been with him.

Honestly who cares, I'm glad he's suffering in NYC because I hate the Knicks anyway.

Go Bulls.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Carmelo is not a great defender, but he is solid with enough size and speed to compete against other SF's and "stretch" 4's. With Thibs coaching he would be very helpful to Jimmy who basically has to defend everyone under 6'10 that the Bulls face.

Taj, Noah, and Melo would be a very good frontcourt and when you compare it to to Pau, Noah, and Dunleavy Jr. Its way to soon for people to be gloating about how much better the Bulls are without Melo than they would have been with him.

Honestly who cares, I'm glad he's suffering in NYC because I hate the Knicks anyway.

Go Bulls.

Dunleavy is a better perimeter defender than Melo. We would be better off if we would have brought Deng back to this current roster than we would be with Melo, and without Gasol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:

Go Bulls.

The Bulls have played a third of their games. Gloating I wouldn't say it's too early at this point.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think we're a deeper, more complete team than we would have been with Melo.

We'd have no Pua or Mirotic making our big man depth extremely shaky.

We're more versatile now than we would have been with Melo IMO.