1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The White Sox are dead this year.

Now what?

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
First of all start working on that wish list for next season, just a few come to mind - get players with speed that actually have knowledge of baserunning and oh yeah get someone that can actually catch a freaking ball! And it wouldn't hurt my heart is Larussa didn't return.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Get Tim Anderson back, and Moncada and Robert need to play better.

Grandal! Wtf?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jettison Grandal, Garcia, Harrison, Engel. Trade two of Robert, Vaughn, Jimenez, Abreu(let him go free agency if necessary). Trade Anderson, Giolitto, Kelly, Ruiz, Bummer, Moncada

Re-sign Cueto, Elvis. Keep Pollock as a 4th outfielder. Keep Sheets as a 1B/DH. Bring up and start Burger and Colas. Sign Rodon, Contreras, a short-stop, and a left handed hitting CF/RF.

Consider making Jimmy Lambert a replacement for Giolitto in the rotation.

This also means that they shit can the entire coaching staff except for the pitching coach. Consider hiring Bruce Bouche(sp?) as the new manager

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jettison Grandal, Garcia, Harrison, Engel. Trade two of Robert, Vaughn, Jimenez, Abreu(let him go free agency if necessary). Trade Anderson, Giolitto, Kelly, Ruiz, Bummer, Moncada

Re-sign Cueto, Elvis. Keep Pollock as a 4th outfielder. Keep Sheets as a 1B/DH. Bring up and start Burger and Colas. Sign Rodon, Contreras, a short-stop, and a left handed hitting CF/RF.

Consider making Jimmy Lambert a replacement for Giolitto in the rotation.

This also means that they shit can the entire coaching staff except for the pitching coach. Consider hiring Bruce Bouche(sp?) as the new manager
Massive over-reactions all around.

We aren’t far off. Stay the course, several guys will rebound and others will fall off.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Massive over-reactions all around.

We aren’t far off. Stay the course, several guys will rebound and others will fall off.
For two years they have had the same team. Weak hitting from 6-9 in the batting order, the worst defensive outfielders in the major leagues as a group, terrible defensive catchers, and lack of good hitting left handed hitters. Prospects are a couple of years away that might make a difference also.

As for pitching, they are not far away and that is the strength of the team. But this team needs to cut the dead wood and go forward to balance the team out and improve the defense. They have too many one dimensional players.

Not to mention this. Until Reinny is gone, this team will always go cheap and not make any necessary common sense baseball decisions. Grandal, Moncada, Garcia, and Harrison should never have been on this team this year. They are dead wood with a dead manager. They are going to have to shake up the DH glut and trade or let go two out of the group of Robert, Vaughn, Jimenez, Abreu and Sheets. Robert is the only one of the group who can play outfield and he is just average defensively. I'd put him in LF if they don't trade him. I'm not saying BTW that those five players are bad players. They have good value but none of them are versatile and only one hits left handed.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. I don’t know if you are wrong, but I would get a new manager that is more fun and shake off this season.

Reload around most of the guys you mentioned, definetly keep all of

Anderson
Moncada
Abreu
Robert
Jiminez
Vaughn
Sheets

If we do what you say I think it’s the cellar again for 2 years. Abreu will be gone. Pitching staff who knows.

Push all our chips in to get better anywhere we can. Hold players with low value.

Let’s get to june 1st above .500 and then see where everyone is, make a big trade.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you mean literally..now what?

Obviously the White Sox will be one of 7 teams that make an offer for Aaron Judge.

When he politely does not respond to our 105,000,000 offer, we will offer something like Lynn/Moncada/Hendricks as a can’t resist package for Ohtani…again.

When the Angels decline to comment, and the newspaper headlines we spam locally go quiet,

we will re-sign Adam Engel and trade for a left hand middle reliever.

#lifeasasoxfan

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Somehow the 105,000,000 we find for the biggest name on the market never gets it done, and for whatever reason that money is not spent on other things we actually need from the bargain bin…or an actual 105,000,000 player of the second tier stardom.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Somehow the 105,000,000 we find for the biggest name on the market never gets it done, and for whatever reason that money is not spent on other things we actually need from the bargain bin…or an actual 105,000,000 player of the second tier stardom.
They will make a spectacle going after the big fish. But it will be a total low ball offer and when they go elsewhere they say at least we tried.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will make a spectacle going after the big fish. But it will be a total low ball offer and when they go elsewhere they say at least we tried.
I’m surprised the media even bothers reporting on our involvement at this point.

Somehow the Sox have gamed getting into the conversation without ever making a serious offer.

I bet they would shit their diapers if a big fish actually took less to come here because it would be so much more than they actually wanted to pay…the deal would “crumble” mysteriously.

It’s all show for the casual fan…yet they don’t have many casual fans? Lol. Fucking idiots.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
listening to score white Sox likely to go cheap af at manager cause tony getting 4mil next year not to coach hahahaha

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
listening to score white Sox likely to go cheap af at manager cause tony getting 4mil next year not to coach hahahaha
What is Paul Konerko up to?

A World Series as a manager might be enough to push him from Hall of Fame “maybe“ to “fo sho!”

Apparently he has a mind for it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Fire athletic trainer.
Fire hitting coach.
Trade Moncada.
Hire AJ Pierzynski.
Stop wasting resources on middle relief.

Somehow the team of base clogging power hitters can’t hit homeruns. Team needs power, speed, and healthy players lol.

Hahn has to shake things up, bottom line. The culture is dumb baseball and unlimited PTO.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fire athletic trainer.
Fire hitting coach.
Trade Moncada.
Hire AJ Pierzynski.
Stop wasting resources on middle relief.

Somehow the team of base clogging power hitters can’t hit homeruns. Team needs power, speed, and healthy players lol.

Hahn has to shake things up, bottom line. The culture is dumb baseball and unlimited PTO.
I agree with all that you said. It isn't that the team doesn't have talent. They do. Their problem is that it has the wrong blend of talent. Too many DH/1B guys. No left handing hitting balance. Terrible outfield defense and catching. Hahn or whoever is the GM needs to fix this blend of talent.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This just wasn't the year.

Sox need to choose new leadership in the dugout.

A team quits because they lack a leader they respect enough they cannot fathom disappointing them.

Go get a new boss and reform the pitching staff.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This just wasn't the year.

Sox need to choose new leadership in the dugout.

A team quits because they lack a leader they respect enough they cannot fathom disappointing them.
y
Go get a new boss and reform the pitching staff.
I think that the first priorities other than hiring a good manager is to reform the defense and the bottom of the batting order. Too many DH/1B hitters and a lack of left handing hitting through the order. The starting pitching staff is solid and deep. I'd trade Giolitto and go after Carlos Rodon.

Bearsy555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Here are some potential options to replace Tony La Russa as White Sox manager.

Feel free to throw in some other names and other ideas for the team going forward