So the Bears ended up playing 9 games against playoff teams

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Here's to hoping the Bears' 3rd place schedule next year is a little more kind.

The Bears ended up playing 9 of their 17 games against playoff teams. Considering 14 teams make the playoffs, that's not hugely outsized, but it is a higher-than-average number, especially for a bad team to contend with.

@ Rams - 14-34
vs. Bengals - 20-17
@ Raiders - 20-9
vs. Packers - 14-24
@ Bucs - 3-38
vs. 49ers - 22-33
@ Steelers - 27-29
vs. Cardinals - 22-33
@ Packers - 30-45

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
More playoff teams this year. Steelers and Raiders are fake playoff teams. Also just watch the games, the result was garbage. Nothing to really take away from this stat line

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Fuck that. You want to be good and win the Súper bowl, you better beat playoff caliber teams in the regular season. I don’t want to squeeze into the playoffs and the Súper bowl. I want the Bears to compete and win games against good teams.
The Buccaneers played 5 games against playoff teams.

The Packers played 6 games against playoff teams.

Playing more playoff teams doesn't make you more likely to win a Super Bowl.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
It actually shows how easy it is to get in the playoffs, and the Bears fucked it up….

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And a record if expanded that would g

When you lose to a team, they become more likely to make the playoffs. Pittsburg and 49ers (if Saints win) don't make the playoffs if we beat them. 3 of our wins are against bottom 5 teams, 1 against a team that was distracted by racist emails by their soon to be departed HC and 1 more against a team with a losing record. The only quality win was Cincinnati with the help of a Roquan pick 6 but that team is very odd. Cinci also lost to the Jets and twice to Browns.

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
More playoff teams this year. Steelers and Raiders are fake playoff teams. Also just watch the games, the result was garbage. Nothing to really take away from this stat line
Why are the Raiders fake? They are 10-7 and the 5th seed in the AFC, ahead of the Patriots.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

And I didn’t say it did. I’m saying I don’t care for a “more friendlier” schedule. I’ll take the same schedule we had this year. As long as we have a team that can compete and actual beat some caliber teams.

Last edited:

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Just an interesting tidbit:

The Eagles and 49ers by far had the toughest regular season schedules of anyone in the playoffs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just an interesting tidbit:

The Eagles and 49ers by far had the toughest regular season schedules of anyone in the playoffs.
The 49ers hat for Windsor against teams with winning records one of which was the 98 Eagles. To the Niners credit they beat the Rams twice and that made all the difference but they kind of sucked against winning teams otherwise.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It seems kind of funny sometimes to look at it and question why the Bears played X number of teams that made the playoffs until you realize that teams that get to play the Bears have a better chance of making the playoffs

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Steelers don’t count as they aren’t plyoff worthy and only got there because the Bear lost to a very average team and put them there. I’d call it a valid 8. You can also argue that it was a stolen win.

There are 14 playoff team so the league average is to play 44% of your games against playoff teams. For me, the Bears were at 47%. Meh.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
Looking up combined winning percentage of teams you played would be a better metric. it wouldn’t be perfect because the league has uneven schedules. You’d need somebody to do some serious research to really get an answer. There are just so many variables with NFL schedules because of the small sample size of games and how the outliers (elite and horrible teams) will screw with the numbers even though it’s only one game.

It feels like the schedule has been pretty tough the last two years. Seems like they’re not getting as many cupcake games. And they’re playing a lot of solid teams. I need to look at the schedule again, but it feels like thr Giants game a few weeks back might have been the only cupcake all year. (Well shit, I guess they get Detroit twice a year. No complaints there.)

mecha

Liked Posts:
this is why it's complete horseshit to try and predict what a team's schedule is going to be like in the present season vs. the last one. I make this point because undoubtedly every single year when the schedules are released there's multiple cunt threads about the topic like it's a mystery or surprise. afterwards, everyone's scratching their heads/asses (these are typically interchangeable here) after all is said and done wondering why the doomsday schedule wasn't as bad as they thought it would be.

with the league's parity teams can trend up/down almost instantly after an offseason. because something something any given Sunday, shitty teams like the Bears can knock off teams that make the playoffs that year. does it get them closer to the Super Bowl in doing so? not when you're a 6-11 team. you know what gets teams closer to the Super Bowl? actually being good, and don't act surprised that the Packers lucked into only facing 5 playoff teams vs. the Bears 9.

please continue to bitch like old ladies now and overlook everything I just said again.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Why are the Raiders fake? They are 10-7 and the 5th seed in the AFC, ahead of the Patriots.
Their point difference was similar to thr bears.....basically a 6-7 win type team

They led the league in penalties and yards

Their red zone d was historically bad..worst in 30+ years

They got extremely lucky winning one score games at an unsustainable rate

Look for them to be in last place next season as that everyone in that division has more talent

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the Bears made the playoffs it would just be a miserable day like the Eagles fans had today, or the Steeler fans will have in a little while.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Their point difference was similar to thr bears.....basically a 6-7 win type team

They led the league in penalties and yards

Their red zone d was historically bad..worst in 30+ years

They got extremely lucky winning one score games at an unsustainable rate

Look for them to be in last place next season as that everyone in that division has more talent
They played 10 teams that finished with winning records and went 5-5 in those games. If they are fake then certainly NE, PHI, and PIT are as well (and I think you could put AZ in there too without Hopkins). I really don't think point differential matters much in the NFL - unless you think that Dallas is 100 points better than Green Bay and a bunch of other anomolies, however you would define that.

I agree they will be worse next year and aren't a team that had a chance to challenge for a Super Bowl.