Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
After watching Pace stumble around throwing dollars and drat picks , like a drunk Robert Kraft in a massage parlor, for 7 yrs, this is refreshing.

There is a difference between a rebuild and a tear down. Poles is clearly rebuilding this team with young talent with no intention to tank.

Sure this is all speculative based on a small sample of meaningless games, but all the same, here we go:

1) Coaching: we have not seen starters and end of roster players so disciplined since at least the Lovie Smith days.
2) Offensive playcalling: Even the simplistic preseason version was better than Nagy's 4 curls and Willy Wonka.
3) QB- Fields looks like he is going to take not just a step but a giant leap for Bearkind.
4) OL-lose an aging vet OT and underachieving G, add a good C, rookie LT that beat out a solid vet, and a surprise RG.
5) WR- lose 2021 version of ARIII, add everyone but Mooney
6) RB-Mostly unchanged
7) TE-lightbulb has turned on Kmet
8) DL/Edge- Gone are Hicks and Mack, added meh.
9) LB- Out Ogletree, Trevathan In-Morrow
10) DB- Out-All kinds of shit In-Brisker and Gordon.

I see upgrades/improvement likely, not that that was hard to do, at 5 positions groups, coaching and playcalling. LB and RB should be about the same and a pretty big downgrade at DL/Edge.

In the end I see this team being a 7-10 to everything falls right 10-7 team.

Last edited:

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
After watching Pace stumble around throwing dollars and drat picks , like a drunk Robert Kraft in a massage parlor, for 7 yrs, this is refreshing.

There is a difference between a rebuild and a tear down. Poles is clearly rebuilding this team with young talent with no intention to tank.

Sure this is all speculative based on a small sample of meaningless games, but all the same, here we go:

1) Coaching: we have not seen starters and end of roster players so disciplined since at least the Lovie Smith days.
2) Offensive playcalling: Even the simplistic preseason version was better than Nagy's 4 curls and Willy Wonka.
3) QB- Fields looks like he is going to take not just a step but a giant leap for Bearkind.
4) OL-lose an aging vet OT and underachieving G, add a good C, rookie LT that beat out a solid vet, and a surprise RG.
6) RB-Mostly unchanged
8) DL/Edge- Hicks and Mack, added meh.

I see upgrades/improvement likely, not that that was hard to do, at 5 positions groups, coaching and playcalling. LB and RB should be about the same and a pretty big downgrade at DL/Edge.

Literally this is all I have been thinking about this last 4 days other then NFTs, investments, charity, and pussy. This is literally a one year rebuilding which started with a teardown and then a full gut now its rehab time and soon we will acturally have curb appeal and maybe perhaps even putting on the market type of scenario because Poles is literally swiftly furious and decisive and ready to rumble unlike Pace whomst just wanted to keep pushing things out like a mother pushes out a baby but she's lazy at being pregnant and labor so she thinks she can just shove the baby back in for a while and have better luck next time until Poles comes in and literally aborts the baby that never had a chance of even having anywhere near a good life and probably would never survive even going up against NFC north babies even the Lions whomst are literally halve Special person if we are taking this baby analogy seriousally.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Literally this is all I have been thinking about this last 4 days other then NFTs, investments, charity, and pussy. This is literally a one year rebuilding which started with a teardown and then a full gut now its rehab time and soon we will acturally have curb appeal and maybe perhaps even putting on the market type of scenario because Poles is literally swiftly furious and decisive and ready to rumble unlike Pace whomst just wanted to keep pushing things out like a mother pushes out a baby but she's lazy at being pregnant and labor so she thinks she can just shove the baby back in for a while and have better luck next time until Poles comes in and literally aborts the baby that never had a chance of even having anywhere near a good life and probably would never survive even going up against NFC north babies even the Lions whomst are literally halve Special person if we are taking this baby analogy seriousally.
That's what I just said, but just not as eloquently as you.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Not fair to compare a 2 year rebuild with Pace's 15 year rebuild. Two completely different blueprints and Pace never got the opportunity to see his through. WE WERE SO CLOSE!
Just image if Pace was still running the show. The Bears would have been relevant, successful, and competitive by 2036.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

6) RB-Mostly unchanged
8) DL/Edge- Gone are Hicks and Mack, added meh.

Funny how they are determined to not call it a rebuild when it's one of the greatest roster and coaching turnovers I've ever seen.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's still a little bit of a teardown when 6 depth players turn over on one day. The shape of the rebuild is there but it won't be mostly finished til next year. The '22 Bears most likely will be fighting the Lions for third in the division.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Funny how they are determined to not call it a rebuild when it's one of the greatest roster and coaching turnovers I've ever seen.
Because I think rebuild has a negative connotation that evokes images of being Cleveland, Jax, or Detroit. I think Poles thinks this team is already a notch better tha last year even after purging a few good veterans and has designs on being Super Bowl competitive, as long as Fields is the guy, as early as next season.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
When you have to fix the mess that Pace left, of course it’s going to be some type of rebuild. Maybe they don’t call it that because they feel they are heading in the right direction already. They feel they don’t need to tear this thing down completely. Reality is, if Fields shows up strong this season, the Bears can make a push in 2023.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's still a little bit of a teardown when 6 depth players turn over on one day. The shape of the rebuild is there but it won't be mostly finished til next year. The '22 Bears most likely will be fighting the Lions for third in the division.
A teardown and rebuild to me means taking it to bare earth and cutting or trading most of your good pieces to build from scratch. He did that with Mack and Hicks, but not Quin, Roquan,and Jaylon Johnson. So, to me it more is a live in remodel. He took it back to the studs and has already got the drywall up, from here it is just the finishing touches, paint and flooring. As for the 6 back end roster guys, that is like deciding on which toilet you want. Does it have a seat and flush? Give me that one, give me this one, I don't care.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When you have to fix the mess that Pace left, of course it’s going to be some type of rebuild. Maybe they don’t call it that because they feel they are heading in the right direction already. They feel they don’t need to tear this thing down completely. Reality is, if Fields shows up strong this season, the Bears can make a push in 2023.
Except that they did. Every rebuild keeps some top players. I have no objection to whatever they want to call it. Just pointing out that it's a genuine rebuild and they didn't want to call it that. I doubt any other team had as great a player and coach turnover as the Bear have this year while completely changing schemes. You sometimes lose high cap players for working cash but no, you don't just dump ALL your good players.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I can't wait for @HeHateMe to post his mock drafts. I'll even provide a link.

In all seriousness, Watts is immediately the best DT on the roster. This guy is no bum, he's not elite but he's solid, young and improving every year. Add in to that he's in a contract year, Poles might have found a starter for years to come.

Really says something about the players that were cut haven't been signed yet. Just shows the talent discrepancy between an elite team and the Bears. When the Bills have cut a player this offseason, they were picked up rather quickly(outside of the Punter). Former Bears player's agents will call teams and those GM's reply with "new phone, who dis?"

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Just image if Pace was still running the show. The Bears would have been relevant, successful, and competitive by 2036.
How about if he would have got teddys job like allot of the blowhards wanted. Would he be the meddling type like we see executives doing with the bulls(paxson era) and Sox?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How about if he would have got teddys job like allot of the blowhards wanted. Would he be the meddling type like we see executives doing with the bulls(paxson era) and Sox?
I was one of those blowhards and I wanted Pace out of player management. Point was we needed SOMEBODY for the new GM to bounce stuff off of. I actually wanted a new Pres other than Pace or what was current but would have settled as opposed to not giving Poles any help. He seemed the only option the Bear would consider to replace what they had. Not optimum but better. That all changed once Poles hired the 1st assistant GM in Bear history. No one on this board was happier about that hire than I was. I don't care how competent you are, every GM could use sounding board. It also reinforced my opinion of Poles.

I love the way this board considers opinion to consist of only 2 categories. Hater or jock sniffer.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was one of those blowhards and I wanted Pace out of player management. Point was we needed SOMEBODY for the new GM to bounce stuff off of. I actually wanted a new Pres and other than Pace or what was current but would have settled as opposed to not giving Poles any help. He seemed the only option the Bear would consider to replace what they had. Not optimum but better. That all changed once Poles hired the 1st assistant GM in Bear history. No one on this board was happier about that hire than I was. I don't care how competent you are, every GM could use sounding board. It also reinforced my opinion of Poles.

I love the way this board considers opinion to consist of only 2 categories. Hater or jock sniffer.:rolleyes:
If you love Poles so much why don’t ya marry him?!

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was one of those blowhards and I wanted Pace out of player management. Point was we needed SOMEBODY for the new GM to bounce stuff off of.

Same here, but I got to admit it was more of a coping mechanism because all reports were that the McCaskeys absolutely loved Ryan Pace and I assumed they would never fire him. Letting him take over for Teddy seemed like the best option to get him out of the GM office.

Then George canned him anyhow and I forgot all about "Pace 4 Prez" while bathing in champagne.