Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
RoQuan isn't fast enough for the mike position in the cover 2 defense supposedly. Whom could bears be looking at?
My dude, that wasn't the concern with Roquon. It was about shedding blocks the way an inside linebacker would have to to chase down a ball carrier, if I recall.

But yeah, he's probably more a Derrick Brookes type than anything. I wouldn't mind seeing Ogletree stick around, but don't be shocked if LB floats to the top of our needs.

With all the Georgia defenders coming out, don't be shocked to see our second or third get invested in a defender from Georgia. I like their safety, but t can't justify that against CB or WR as far as needs go.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
Well considering he gets swallowed up by blockers, having a couple of fatties like Traylor and Robinson would be beneficial. Speed isnt the issue

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Holy shit! Please delete this thread!
lol you didnt hear them motherfuckers on the radio?? they mention smith did indeed show up out of shape once and even mentioned his speed isnt fast enough, and its hard to replace Urlacher..lol.

FozzyBear

Token CCS Minority
Liked Posts:
I got to defer to Lance Briggs on this one, he is the will. All we need to do is find an urlacher lol.

Shea McClellin is a FA, has been for years, just ask Emery about his potential!!

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Zaire Franklin will probably be a bear if he doesn’t re-sign. ST captain and played SLB and MLB for Everfools.

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
Shea McClellin is a FA, has been for years, just ask Emery about his potential!!
He played on a SB winner in New England under BB....so he saw something in him that the Bears couldn't get out of him.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Well considering he gets swallowed up by blockers, having a couple of fatties like Traylor and Robinson would be beneficial. Speed isnt the issue
maybe Traylor will come out of retirement

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Troy Anderson of Montana State would be someone to look at for MLB if Roquan gets moved to Will

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I got to defer to Lance Briggs on this one, he is the will. All we need to do is find an urlacher lol.

That isn't true.

Urlacher was unique. The normal Tampa Two filters everything to the will, not the mike.

However, Lovie realized he had a special Mike in urlacher, and adjusted the Tampa two to funnel everything to Brian.

Go back and watch some Tony Dungy Tampa two defense when he had Derrick Brooks.

Derrick's role is the Roquan Smith comp in this situation.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He played on a SB winner in New England under BB....so he saw something in him that the Bears couldn't get out of him.
Special teams player? I may be wrong but I don’t think he did shit. It was a Tom Brady participation ring.