Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
People are jackasses. HOw about we give the guy a fucking chance!!! This was a tank year on a terrible team he joined mid season with no offseason to build any type of chemistry with a young QB. The guy is big and hes talented.

I'm sorry for being a jackass for offering a different opinion.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry for being a jackass for offering a different opinion.
My bad I wasnt calling you a jack ass. I dont have an issue with people saying they dont like the trade i just think people bashing the trade and calling him a bust or Poles an idiot are jackasses. If that is you then i am talking about you but if you dont agree with the trade im fine with it. Im just saying there is a lot of football to be played before we know if this is a bad trade or not. 1. lets see what he does with a full season with JF and 2. lets see what the pick turns into.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A first round pick for this bum is a disaster sorry you’re hurt about it

No it really isnt a disaster. Over 50% of 2nd round picks will fail in the NFL. And yet many teams survive.

Some of you dumbass act like a draft pick is guaranteed to succeed. Even if he sucks next year it wont matter if Poles hits on other picks. Even the greatest of GMs will likely only succeed on around 50% of their draft picks.

Last edited:

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Claypool will be fine. But if Bears pick Anderson and Cedric Tillman is sitting there at 32 it’ll be a hard pill to swallow.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This needed its own thread.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
They gave up a 2nd round pick which is the going rate for WR #2. WR #1 starts at a premium 1st round pick.
If those are his stats…they gave up the 32nd pick for very average #2 WR production. They could have got the same with the Ravens 2nd rd pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If those are his stats…they gave up the 32nd pick for very average #2 WR production. They could have got the same with the Ravens 2nd rd pick.

Which rookie WR drafted in 2nd round this year has 800 yards?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Yeah? And you’d risk that knowing that Fields desperately needs help at WR? Your solution would be to wait until the late 2nd round to HOPEFULLY get #2 WR production? That would be extremely risky (and unlikely).

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Correct. One guy with 801 yards out of 7 WRs taken in 2nd. So 14% success rate.

Meanwhile Claypool has done that 2 out of 3 years so 66% success rate.

So which WR drafted in 2nd round are you guaranteeing will get 800 yards?

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Nobody can evaluate the Claypool trade until AT LEAST the complete next year has run its course. THEN we'll see if it's worth it. If we have Mooney, Claypool and Johnston/JSN/Addison, we are MUCH improved. Plus OL improvements, I'm sure. And a DEF that will be much better (can't be much worse).
The problem is that Claypool needs a new contract.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Correct. One guy with 801 yards out of 7 WRs taken in 2nd. So 14% success rate.

Meanwhile Claypool has done that 2 out of 3 years so 66% success rate.

So which WR drafted in 2nd round are you guaranteeing will get 800 yards?
As a rookie or 2 out of 3 years?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Yeah? And you’d risk that knowing that Fields desperately needs help at WR? Your solution would be to wait until the late 2nd round to HOPEFULLY get #2 WR production? That would be extremely risky (and unlikely).
I believe you could have traded for a much better WR then Claypool with the 32nd overall pick.