So we traded the #33 pick for Claypool?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I’ll let you know in April when we know who was drafted in the 2nd round.

Ok so until then I go with Claypool and his 66% success rate rather than the currently 14% success rate of the current 2nd round WRs.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Ok so until then I go with Claypool and his 66% success rate rather than the currently 14% success rate of the current 2nd round WRs.
That’s bad math. Since, by definition, the rookie’s only played 1 year. Let’s wait till year three to use your math.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
That’s bad math. Since, by definition, the rookie’s only played 1 year. Let’s wait till year three to use your math.

No the 7 rookies count for 7 seasons so it is 1 out 7 seasons ie 14%. That is the problem with drafting unknowns. The chances of drafting a guy in the 2nd this year who got 800 yards as a rookie is in fact 14%.

Claypool already has an 800 yard rookie season so he is a known quantity in that regard. So the chances of trading for a WR capable of getting 800 yards by getting Claypool is 100%.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I believe you could have traded for a much better WR then Claypool with the 32nd overall pick.

Like who? That’s fine if that’s your belief, but it’s unfounded. A legit #1 costs much more than that…so which much better #2 WR could the Bears have traded for ?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Like who? That’s fine if that’s your belief, but it’s unfounded. A legit #1 costs much more than that…so which much better #2 WR could the Bears have traded for ?
Let the pack have him and wait for the offseason to see what’s available. Last year 3 top wrs were traded and there were no rumors during the season any one them were out the door. But hey if he gets 800 yards next year let’s crack a beer for the 50 yards a game wr it’s a step up from 30 yards he gave this year

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The problem is that Claypool needs a new contract.
That's not a problem, as he wants to be here. He'll either stay on what he has, do a "one year prove it deal" or sign something reasonable. He can see this team is turning it around and wants to be an alpha here. Pair him with Mooney and JSN/Addison/Johnston and wow. He'll love that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DJ Moore
Tee Higgins
Jerry Jeudy
Brandon Aiyuk

Ok so what is going to be your response if none of them are traded or if they go for more than a 2nd round pick?

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Ok so what is going to be your response if none of them are traded or if they go for more than a 2nd round pick?
We can’t say if they aren’t traded, it’s impossible for anyone to offer them the 32nd pick in the draft other than the Steelers.

See how this works??

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Watson has almost 700 all purpose yards and 9 TDs while his QB has had a broken thumb and spent a good part of the beginning of the season ignoring his existence.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We can’t say if they aren’t traded, it’s impossible for anyone to offer them the 32nd pick in the draft other than the Steelers.

See how this works??

Are you confused? Other teams can offer a 2nd round pick or more. Moore, Aiyuk and Higgins likely cost a first. Jeudy possibly as well so not sure why you assuming you can get for a 2nd.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Wasn't a great trade then, looks worse now at this point. The WR free agents looked poor and I think Poles panicked realizing he had left Fields with a terrible supporting cast. I hope an off-season working with Fields and engrained with the playbook we get more out of him bur for a #32 pick, it is a high bar to measure up to.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Wasn't a great trade then, looks worse now at this point. The WR free agents looked poor and I think Poles panicked realizing he had left Fields with a terrible supporting cast. I hope an off-season working with Fields and engrained with the playbook we get more out of him bur for a #32 pick, it is a high bar to measure up to.
Wel, Poles can blame himself. He could have drafted Pickens with either of the Bears second round picks. Of course, the test will be how both receivers develop.