So What?

cutty4ever

Liked Posts:
Look. Mitch could have been. Nagy could never have been. Pace is actually a genius! No. All 3 are mistakes. All 3 are symptoms of the bigger issue we have - Someone at the top is asleep at the wheel. How many more decades do we have to endure this? These sophomoric mistakes?

I'm a lifer. I'll go down with the ship if I have to. But does it need to be so?

So what we're here? All this can be righted with the stroke of a penis.. I mean pen. Fire EVERYONE and get someone in there who knows how to hire PEOPLE not positions.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Its really not anyone at the top. Finding the right coach is extremely difficult, which is why the league cycles through about eight of them every off-season. Finding a quarterback is extremely difficult, which is why every year three or four quarterbacks are taken in the first ten draft selections every year. The amount of information you have before making these franchise altering decisions at those two critical jobs is a true pittance. A head coach basically gets an interview and few endorsements to go off before a decision has to be made. A quarterback has to be judged by a combination of what he does against vastly inferior competition and how he looks in shorts at the combine/pro-day.

I'm frustrated that the Bears keep getting these things wrong but that only puts us in a class with about two-thirds of the league. At least we get to enjoy being part of the competitive cycle and have a few decent teams every few years. That's more than you can say for some of the other teams around the league that are just mired in true misery.

cutty4ever

Liked Posts:
Its really not anyone at the top. Finding the right coach is extremely difficult, which is why the league cycles through about eight of them every off-season. Finding a quarterback is extremely difficult, which is why every year three or four quarterbacks are taken in the first ten draft selections every year. The amount of information you have before making these franchise altering decisions at those two critical jobs is a true pittance. A head coach basically gets an interview and few endorsements to go off before a decision has to be made. A quarterback has to be judged by a combination of what he does against vastly inferior competition and how he looks in shorts at the combine/pro-day.

I'm frustrated that the Bears keep getting these things wrong but that only puts us in a class with about two-thirds of the league. At least we get to enjoy being part of the competitive cycle and have a few decent teams every few years. That's more than you can say for some of the other teams around the league that are just mired in true misery.

This is the most articulate and accurate reply I've ever read here. Thank you for reminding me that luck works in long cycles that are beyond the moment.

Still, when watching GB get lucky on 2 decades worth of elite qb play... at least they only won 2 superbowls in the last 4 decades with that horseshoe. I'll take what I can get.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
This is the most articulate and accurate reply I've ever read here. Thank you for reminding me that luck works in long cycles that are beyond the moment.

Still, when watching GB get lucky on 2 decades worth of elite qb play... at least they only won 2 superbowls in the last 4 decades with that horseshoe. I'll take what I can get.
I think the one way to boost the Bears chances at finding that consistent success is to take an honest appraisal of what they have that can work. Holding people accountable for a lack of on-field success that they aren't responsible for just makes the Bears into another job farm that turns over its entire football operation every five years. That's not a way to find success.