So when does Poles trade the #1 pick?

When does he turn in his lottery ticket?

• Poles gets a Don Corleone offer he can't refuse early after the 2023 league season starts

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • After the combine

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • After Free agency

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • Draft night

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • Never, he drafts Bryce Young and move Fields to RB1 once Montgomery leaves via free agency.

Votes: 6 7.4%

• Total voters

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This trade is so obvious, I don't see how it doesn't happen.
Have to have a QB he’s convinced on. Who knows what he thinks of these guys. But yeah, otherwise makes perfect sense

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Have to have a QB he’s convinced on. Who knows what he thinks of these guys. But yeah, otherwise makes perfect sense
He talked himself into 39yo Phillip Rivers, broken and bad Carson Wentz, 37yo Matt Ryan, so... yeah...:smug2:

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Guys, this is a trick question. Poles has already traded the pick to the drunken owner in Indy, just hasn't told anyone yet...

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
1673367863164.png 1673370114989.png

These are the stupid shit trades that these draft simulators churn out to make you keep playing.
CCS will fully expect 4 1sts and a 2nd to move back 1 spot and melt down when it doesn't happen.
Really hoping the Bears end up with a high 1st next season by virtue of a traded 1st to go after M Harrison Jr.

Last edited:

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
This trade is so obvious, I don't see how it doesn't happen.
there will def be a trade, dream scenario would be both the texans and colts liking different qb's and each trading up to get their guy...texans trade up to get stroud and colts trade up to get young or vice versa...bears should be able to get a future 2nd or if they choose, throw in their 2nd rd pick and late round pick if needed to try to get the texans 12th pick. Trading with the colts will probably look like pick 4, 3rd rd pick, 4th rd pick and future 1st or some combination of that.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Absolutely. They cannot go the veteran route again, and they're obviously extremely desperate for a QB. I don't see them tanking next year for a better pick. They've shown via their QB contracts the past few years that they do not believe in patience.

They'll be wanting a QB high in the draft, and they should have the Bears on speed-dial.

As far as other teams, Seattle at #5 makes sense. Even if they believe Geno Smith is for real, he's in his mid-30s. They're going to have to think long-term, and when are they going to have another chance in the next few years to draft this high?

The Raiders, Falcons and Panthers are obvious possibilities at 7, 8, and 9. The pot would need to be sweetened to go that far down, though, I think.

How do Arizona (#3) and Detroit (#6) feel about their QBs long-term?

There could be fertile ground there. We'll see.
Lions are not drafting a QB in the first round, you just need to let that narrative die. At best they take a 3rd prospect like a Stetson Bennet. And they sure as hell aren't giving a kings ransom to a divisional opponent. Colts would be a front runner for ARod if he is traded, and despite what people think Irsay wants, its not as if the Colts have gotten the best FA QB available the last few years.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is not the player that they have to worry about, it is another team trading up in front of them for the #1 pick. Once the pick has been traded, that team (say the Texans) have to hope that their man is not who is going to be drafted at #1. If a team wants to be assured of getting their man, they have to trade up to #1. Simple as that.

If there were only one team looking for a QB, that team would not have to negotiate with any other team because the QB naturally fall to them.

In reality, the Texans, Colts, Falcons, Raiders, Jets, Commanders, Saints and Panthers are all looking for QBs while teams like the Lions and Seahawks might want to draft their heir apparent and even the thought of drafting a QB early will go through the mind of the Cardinals because they will worry about how Murray comes back from his ACL tear (small chance of trouble, but if he can no longer do what he used to do, he is toast).

Now let's look at other teams that haven't been mentioned yet. Will the Bucs, Titans and Packers have new QBs and are these QBs even on their teams right now? Will Lamar Jackson even be back to the Ravens? Can Miami count on Tua not getting injured? Will the Pats look to upgrade from Jones? Is Stafford going to be trusted as the team falls apart around him? Will Cousins stick around with the Vikes?

There are, at most, 3 or 4 first round QBs in the draft. There are 8 teams that are probably actively looking for a starting QB. There then is a list of 11 other teams that might either end up in the actively looking for a starter or will at least consider the idea. That makes a list of 19 teams that either are or might be looking for a QB. Out of all of the QBs that might move, only Brady, Rodgers and Jackson would still be considered starter level QBs. That lowers the list of teams to 16. Yes, some will only think about and decide not to replace their QB. Well, that makes a list of, at minimum, 8 teams desperately looking for a starter in the draft.

All of the picks until those 3 or 4 QBs are drafted sure seem like that they are going to be overvalued. Being able to get the #1 pick is not even close to a certainty for a team because there are going to be multiple teams wanting to move up to get that pick so that they can get their guy. Poles needs to consider every team's GM the next Ryan Pace who will be sweating it out and will eventually give an emperor's ransom, not just a king's ransom.

The waiting should be because of Poles waiting for an unbelievable offer, not some random team GM who is waiting to the last minute before he sweeps in to get his QB, who survived the draft process.
Its not like the Bears will be secretive about it.If one team tries to trade up the Bears will let all interested parties know and the Bears are in no rush to get it done until they get the best offer coming.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lions are not drafting a QB in the first round, you just need to let that narrative die. At best they take a 3rd prospect like a Stetson Bennet. And they sure as hell aren't giving a kings ransom to a divisional opponent. Colts would be a front runner for ARod if he is traded, and despite what people think Irsay wants, its not as if the Colts have gotten the best FA QB available the last few years.

I happen to agree here. I think the Lions stay at home on a QB.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I happen to agree here. I think the Lions stay at home on a QB.
If one falls to them at #6, that is a different discussion, but no way in hell they are trading up to #1.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think never and making Fields RB 1 are about equally likely.

Can you imagine the shit storm and cunting if he drafts Carter/Anderson at #1? They would need to instantly be the next coming of Donald/Mack to not make that a complete failure.
unless Flus whines and moans that he needs a 3 tech, it will be Anderson, Carter if he gives in to Flus

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suspect the Bears trade down twice and both could happen before draft night.

The question is whether Houston comes up. If they bite, that opens up all kinds of possibilities because the Indy trade is still there at 4 and their desperation will be at a fever pitch. Either way, you could take a blue chip talent (Williams is likely gone by 4 but Carter / Murphy are good consolation prizes) plus walk away with picks.

Conservatively the move from 2 to 1 should yield a mid 1st round value (~18 overall on the Rich Hill chart). Moving from 4 to 1 should yield the equivalent of multiple firsts and then some. I like the idea of multiple picks AND DeForest Buckner.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If one falls to them at #6, that is a different discussion, but no way in hell they are trading up to #1.
the only way the Lions trade up is if Carter slides, so no way they need to trade up to #1

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
unless Flus whines and moans that he needs a 3 tech, it will be Anderson, Carter if he gives in to Flus
I am betting neither.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The funny thing about the Colts is that they are probably only looking for a QB in the draft, after failing for so many years with established QBs who never amounted to much in Indy. I think even Rodgers and Brady are off their list for their 2023 starting QB.
Did you see his quote today. “Whatever it takes.”

Right on cue.

Poles is in the catbird seat.