So who is the Bears’ starting slot corner for 2021?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Skrine’s gone.

JJ’s outside.

Trufant and Burns aren’t slot guys.

So who’s your starting nickel for this year? You can’t roll into the season with Duke Shelley as your slot corner, man.

I know they’ve said nice things about Kindle Vildor, but come on.

Would you be surprised if they went CB in the first? It might make a lot of sense.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
I actually think Vildor showed some improvement. I don’t think he’s as bad as many think.

A lot of holes on the roster. Can’t fix ‘em all in the draft and with the cap situation.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Vildor or Trufant if D.Jeremiah's mock is right and we draft Newsome at #20.

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
Skrine’s gone.

JJ’s outside.

So who’s your starting nickel for this year? You can’t roll into the season with Duke Shelley as your slot corner, man.

Would you be surprised if they went CB in the first? It might make a lot of sense.

you answered your own question. You realize there’s this thing called the draft later this month, right?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Kindle Vildor looked like he was a pretty good player his rookie year. Definitely earned a shot in 2022.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
Shelley played better than Skrine at slot corner last year soooooo

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I doubt Pace uses a high round pick on a slot/nickel corner. For an outside corner...sure.
So I will guess that our starting slot corner is currently on another team’s roster and will be picked up on a vet min contract when released post draft.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I would like to give Vidor and Shelley a chance to battle at slot. Maybe draft a guy in the 3rd to mid rounds to compete. Pace has found decent secondary guys and I trust him to eventually find cheap options to be serviceable at the position.

Plus, its time for us to devote our assets to the offense this offseason. If we are going to move off Fuller, rather than try to extend him, its because the staff wants to start pushing money & assets to the other side of the ball.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Shelley has looked really bad to me. He's just a depth guy. He cannot reliably start.

I think we're going CB in the 1st. But I also suspect our secondary will no longer be an asset, and we'll start getting carved up by good QBs. And of course, our offense won't be able to bail out our defense.

Get ready for 5 or 6 wins.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we talking nominations from CCS? Cause a few of the posters here are very dodgy, slippery and fast. Can cover their tracks rather quickly.

Thedude

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Skrine’s gone.

JJ’s outside.

CB in the first makes a lot of sense now, after losing Fuller. What did they save like 2 mill with Truefaunt
Skrine’s gone.

JJ’s outside.

Skrine’s gone.

JJ’s outside.

No it’s a need now after letting fuller go. They saved like 2 mill by bring in trufant, which is bonkers! Typical Bears move

Liked Posts:
Duke S H E L L EY wasn't a name I heard much when he played which is not a bad thing. It's likely they draft a CB in the first 4 rounds, with a competion between them and artie burns, Desmond trufant etc etc

The_Shadow

Simply a Bears fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Shelley played better than Skrine at slot corner last year soooooo
Those random clods of Turf that always appears on Soldier Field, played better than Skrine last year.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CB in the first makes a lot of sense now, after losing Fuller. What did they save like 2 mill with Truefaunt

No it’s a need now after letting fuller go. They saved like 2 mill by bring in trufant, which is bonkers! Typical Bears move
Wrong…

Fuller cut = $11 mil saved
B2080F8C-B6C1-48A3-B9D6-FA635FE11125.jpeg

Trufant = $1.075 mil spent
E1B38F3B-488A-45B6-A793-73AB5C525597.jpeg

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Lol wut?