So who thinks we had the steal of the draft?

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I ran into this quote from a recently linked PFF article

Fields has all the requisite tools to become the best quarterback in Chicago Bears history. He would be the first overall pick in most classes, and Chicago instead landed him 11th overall. We got to give a tip of the hat to Pace, Nagy & Co. for taking action and making this move everyone else was afraid to make. A few years down the road, we will be talking about this being one of the greatest trade-ups in NFL draft history.

Who agrees with the bolded? I'm fully on the Fields train. CHOOOOCHOOOOOOO motherfuckers.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone with a brain does.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Giants called Pace today,and after careful reconsideration , are asking that he include the 2023 1st and 3rd as well.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
He might end up being better than Lawrence like Mahomes is better than Mitch (and Watson.)

Lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
giphy.gif

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone went where I thought they'd go except Fields. So Fields. (Minus the weird Raiders reach). My girlfriend thinks I am a draft guru I was calling the names out before ole Roger

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Sign me up... It’s crazy that Pace was able to get a chance to absolve himself for Trubisky. He did and with flying colors. He actually talked Dave Gettleman into trading back. That is something he’s never done. Pace has known Dave for 20 years and they have mutual respect for each other. That’s how deals get done.

Also, Pace held his water and waited for the appropriate time to move. Anyone that thinks swapping 20 for 11 and a 5th this year and a 1st and 4th next year is too much for a talent like Fields is fucking crazy. Pace can draft and will build around Fields. I am flat out thrilled.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
As a diehard Buckeyes and Bears fan, I couldn't possibly be happier. I've been a fan of Fields ever since game one with the scarlet and gray and now I get to see him become an elite qb with the blue and orange. We definitely got the steal of the draft and I'm drinking the Kool-Aid!!

OH-IO!!! & Bear the fuck down!!

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Definitely the steal of the draft. Fields is 1st overall talent.