1. Chicago Blackhawks
:long:

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Where they got him at was fine, but I am still concerned about him being from OSU and the plethora of qbs that have failed there. Especially with a possible lame duck coach. Hopefully it’s not Haskins all over again.

The difference is Fields is wanted. Haskins was never wanted. The 'skins ownership wanted Haskins, not the coaching staff.

BearUp

Liked Posts:
I do, I honestly do. I think Pace/Nagy made the right decision for themselves but the wrong one from my perspective. Glennon - WRONG. Trubisky - WRONG. Foles - WRONG. Dalton - WRONG.

This entire time, Pace and then Pace/Nagy have gotten it WRONG. I'll go with history and believe they got it WRONG again. All last season, this season, this post season they were fools in the eyes of Bears fans... And then they do this and suddenly... Nope. Glennon - WRONG. Trubisky - WRONG. Foles - WRONG. Dalton - WRONG. Fields - WRONG.

I'll go with history.

Liked Posts:
Not me. I actually liked each one of Edwards, Wilson, Lance, Fields & Jones.

I personally think that this is an outstanding QB class & from all indications next years class is shaping up to be even better.

Not only do I like the player, but hes an exciting talent and pick.

I believe that Fields is all but a spitting image and cloned skillset of a certain young man who was taken 37th overall, out of UNLV in the 1985 draft class

Who BTW would take the league by storm if he were playing today.

Liked Posts:
For those saying that theyre on the fence over Fields because of the history tied to QBs out of OSU, remember thats exactly what ALOT of people said about young QBS coming out of Oregon University, before last years draft...

I know alot of people think back to Haskins right off the bat, & another Haskins, Fields is not.

Kid can sling it where he wants when he wants, or torch you with his wheels.

I think its a good pick thats an even more exciting pick too.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I knew we wouldn't get Lawrence, but Fields was my #2 choice. I like this pick. Bleacher Report gave it an A+.

Willis1524

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The difference is Fields is wanted. Haskins was never wanted. The 'skins ownership wanted Haskins, not the coaching staff.
I sure hope I’m worrying over nothing. Once he plays I’ll probably give him the benefit of the doubt long after he deserves it anyway, just like I did with previous Bear quarterbacks. At least he checks the boxes Watson checked when he came out, not the super raw or lack of being tested.

BriGuy

Liked Posts:
I like to read other teams message boards to see what they think about the player they drafted. So just to let you know first I’m a monster Buckeye fan. Been an Eagles fan for like 30 some years. Whatever year it was they drafted Keith Byars. And just a big NFL fan. So I registered to maybe provide a little insight on Justin Fields. I’m sure some of you, who may just hate Buckeye fans might just say gtfo. But I’m gonna post anyways.

so some have questioned a few games that showed some serious inconsistencies. And for good reason. His stats sucked a couple times. So let’s start with Indiana. First Ohio state didn’t have a spring. Then they didn’t have a fall I’m sure most of you know the season was cancelled. So the Indiana game was early. He had a good first half. We were up 28-7. Came out very flat 2nd half. He turned the ball over and just kept trying to make up for it. Forced the ball too much. Held on to the ball too long. But one thing was a fact. Indiana had the best Defense they’ve had for like ever. And being down 21 points they came out with nothing to lose and threw every blitz you can think of a had total success. Offense was very good too and started scoring. But osu won the game.

Northwestern was different. Osu had 23 players out for COVID. Half the offensive line. Olave was OSUs #1 receiver, out. And NWs defense was solid. Also. They sold out to stop Field's passing. Rushed 3 guys and dropped 8 most of the time. Dared us to run the ball. The entire game. And Fields hurt his thumb some time in the first half. Not sure when but came out second half with his hand taped up. But anyways we just couldn’t get the passing game going. 2nd half we started running the ball at will. When I said they dared us to run. Trey Sermon ran wild. Set an OSU single game rushing record. What was it like 340 yards rushing?

Clemson game. Someone mentioned earlier their D was better than Bamas. No man. Just no. Their D was good but it wasn’t the same Clemson D we’ve seen in the past which had a dominate defensive line and press corners. Bamas D was all around excellent. But Fields was on a mission from the beginning of the season to get a chance at Clemson again and had the game of his life.

So IMO Fields is the total package. The whole Field's can’t check down to other reads was bullshit. PFF stats showed he checked down more than any qb in college football last year. He hit his #1 and 2 receivers most of the time because they are great. Wait til you see them next year in the draft. The biggest problem Imo with Fields is he trusts too much in his legs and trusts his receivers will get open too much. I know a qb has to trust his receivers. But in his own words he thinks they will get open on every play. So he holds the ball too long. And if they dont get open he trusts his legs too much. He took a lot of sacks when he could have thrown the ball away.

I think he’s going to be great. But everyone knows there’s no sure thing. Sometimes players are a bust because they can’t read a defense or put the ball in tighter coverage which its going to be tighter most of the time now. But sometimes players are busts because of the place they are drafted. (Jets). Some of you wish the Bears would have taken Jones. I’ll be honest I think Jones has a good chance of being successful. But as an Eagles fan who is not sold on Hurts. If they would have drafted Jones I would have been pissed. He can get the ball out quick. He can hit a good 40 or 50 yard pass IF he gets the ball out quick. If he goes thru reads and sees a guy open deep he doesn’t have the arm to get it there. He just doesn’t. He was inconsistent with hitting the deep ball in his pro day for crying out loud.

so that’s what I got. Agree disagree it’s my opinion I watch more football than most. There’s Buckeyes I would like to have in the NFL and there’s some I would not. I would love to see Fields with the Eagles but we need offensive line more than you guys do. But even more than that we need defense at almost every position.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do, I honestly do. I think Pace/Nagy made the right decision for themselves but the wrong one from my perspective. Glennon - WRONG. Trubisky - WRONG. Foles - WRONG. Dalton - WRONG.

This entire time, Pace and then Pace/Nagy have gotten it WRONG. I'll go with history and believe they got it WRONG again. All last season, this season, this post season they were fools in the eyes of Bears fans... And then they do this and suddenly... Nope. Glennon - WRONG. Trubisky - WRONG. Foles - WRONG. Dalton - WRONG. Fields - WRONG.

I'll go with history.
You forgot about the double reverse.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy and Pace were saved by the football Gods.

Fields was a gift!
Lets hope they don't fuck it up, but I'm skeptical

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I like to read other teams message boards to see what they think about the player they drafted. So just to let you know first I’m a monster Buckeye fan. Been an Eagles fan for like 30 some years. Whatever year it was they drafted Keith Byars. And just a big NFL fan. So I registered to maybe provide a little insight on Justin Fields. I’m sure some of you, who may just hate Buckeye fans might just say gtfo. But I’m gonna post anyways.

so some have questioned a few games that showed some serious inconsistencies. And for good reason. His stats sucked a couple times. So let’s start with Indiana. First Ohio state didn’t have a spring. Then they didn’t have a fall I’m sure most of you know the season was cancelled. So the Indiana game was early. He had a good first half. We were up 28-7. Came out very flat 2nd half. He turned the ball over and just kept trying to make up for it. Forced the ball too much. Held on to the ball too long. But one thing was a fact. Indiana had the best Defense they’ve had for like ever. And being down 21 points they came out with nothing to lose and threw every blitz you can think of a had total success. Offense was very good too and started scoring. But osu won the game.

Northwestern was different. Osu had 23 players out for COVID. Half the offensive line. Olave was OSUs #1 receiver, out. And NWs defense was solid. Also. They sold out to stop Field's passing. Rushed 3 guys and dropped 8 most of the time. Dared us to run the ball. The entire game. And Fields hurt his thumb some time in the first half. Not sure when but came out second half with his hand taped up. But anyways we just couldn’t get the passing game going. 2nd half we started running the ball at will. When I said they dared us to run. Trey Sermon ran wild. Set an OSU single game rushing record. What was it like 340 yards rushing?

Clemson game. Someone mentioned earlier their D was better than Bamas. No man. Just no. Their D was good but it wasn’t the same Clemson D we’ve seen in the past which had a dominate defensive line and press corners. Bamas D was all around excellent. But Fields was on a mission from the beginning of the season to get a chance at Clemson again and had the game of his life.

So IMO Fields is the total package. The whole Field's can’t check down to other reads was bullshit. PFF stats showed he checked down more than any qb in college football last year. He hit his #1 and 2 receivers most of the time because they are great. Wait til you see them next year in the draft. The biggest problem Imo with Fields is he trusts too much in his legs and trusts his receivers will get open too much. I know a qb has to trust his receivers. But in his own words he thinks they will get open on every play. So he holds the ball too long. And if they dont get open he trusts his legs too much. He took a lot of sacks when he could have thrown the ball away.

I think he’s going to be great. But everyone knows there’s no sure thing. Sometimes players are a bust because they can’t read a defense or put the ball in tighter coverage which its going to be tighter most of the time now. But sometimes players are busts because of the place they are drafted. (Jets). Some of you wish the Bears would have taken Jones. I’ll be honest I think Jones has a good chance of being successful. But as an Eagles fan who is not sold on Hurts. If they would have drafted Jones I would have been pissed. He can get the ball out quick. He can hit a good 40 or 50 yard pass IF he gets the ball out quick. If he goes thru reads and sees a guy open deep he doesn’t have the arm to get it there. He just doesn’t. He was inconsistent with hitting the deep ball in his pro day for crying out loud.

so that’s what I got. Agree disagree it’s my opinion I watch more football than most. There’s Buckeyes I would like to have in the NFL and there’s some I would not. I would love to see Fields with the Eagles but we need offensive line more than you guys do. But even more than that we need defense at almost every position.
Wasn’t Indiana in the same boat as Ohio State? No spring…… No fall?
All quarterbacks have bad games against other teams, it happens and will continue for eternity