So who thinks we made the wrong 2nd rnd. selection

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who thinks we made the wrong choice and why? Just curious

Love him but he's a right tackle Fields blindside is a weakness with Charles Leno.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm very happy. The Bears were lacking an offensive lineman with a mean street, the guy no one wants to sit next to on the team bus. You need those guys in the trenches to just go pop somebody in the mouth and make the defense lose their will to fight. We haven't had that since Kyle long was healthy.

I say bring it on and I don't even care if he only ends up as a right tackle. The more offensive lineman that are nasty like that that you can get and are solid productive lockers the better. You will destroy defenses in the 4th quarter as your offensive linemen just beats the living shit out of them.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would have been just as happy with Radunz at 52 with our 3rd, but apparently Teven is a beast so I'll take it. Pace snagged two first round talents in essentially the first 4 rounds. Not bad

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Love him but he's a right tackle Fields blindside is a weakness with Charles Leno.
Sure but to consider the alternative, our right side is going to be a strength. Pace jumped to get a first round talent (who happens to be an absolute mammoth). And plenty of the best pass rushers line up on the right side.

Hell, he's going to have to block Mack in practice; He won't play many games against a tougher opponent.

Hotwheelz24

They See Me Rollin'
Liked Posts:
This makes me think that he'll start game 1 and if he looks really good they will feel a lot better about starting Fields mid-season when we're 2-6.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Everyone who carried the same risk or less risk than Teven Jenkins who could also profile as a left tackle was gone twenty picks before thirty-ninth overall.

Canth

Liked Posts:
I like that he finally drafted an offensive tackle. I don't pretend to know enough about the available tackles to know if he was so much better than the rest to justify the trade-up vs drafting what might have been there at 52.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
No, he is compared to the rest of the trash in the NFL. There's a severe deficit at LT across the entire league. The point is you can work around the weakness if the rest of the line is solid.
He's so bad man. He will just fall down or not even touch his assignment on a startling percentage of plays. I also think he has a major attitude problem that we've only caught glimpses of.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You are a gem.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts: