Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
but neither as good as Jenkins
Would Leno/Jenkins really be better than Carman/Faalele, especially down the road?

Carman's a 335-pound monster. Faalele is 6'9", 400 pounds (no, I did not make a typo).

Canth

Liked Posts:
I have seen a few things suggesting that there may have been medical concerns with Jenkins which is why he fell out of the 1st round. But I have not been able to find anything more than rumors on that. Has anyone seen anything about that?

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Fun Fact: NFL teams give up the rest of their picks in a draft if they trade up twice.

So you make a great point here.
Plus that 2022 1st and 4th to get Fields...

Pace and Nagy both have to be feeling VERY secure about their job status after 2021.

Canth

Liked Posts:
One other thing on this trade value was that it was good that they got that early 5th round pick back along with the 2nd rounder for Jenkins.

Pace has actually been pretty good at finding players in the 4th/5th rounds that can contribute and develop.

So, here's hoping that they have two starters out of this draft in Fields and Jenkins and then at least one other guy that can be solid depth.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
yep, thats what I was thinking plus Radunz is a LT.
But Jenkins s/b a good RT who better start day 1.
cut Ifedi and save 2mil, otherwise he's a 4.25mil OL backup.

More likely Ifedi goes back to playing RG.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have seen a few things suggesting that there may have been medical concerns with Jenkins which is why he fell out of the 1st round. But I have not been able to find anything more than rumors on that. Has anyone seen anything about that?

He had back issues which led to him opting out 2nd half of season to get healthy.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do.

Both tackle sports were issues. The way this draft looked, Jackson Carman would have been available at 52, and they could have then had the third rounder to get Daniel Faalele as Leno's eventual replacement.

Two OT prospects, one for the left, one for the right, as opposed to just Jenkins.
They still have four picks! They can draft the other four linemen with those four picks. That’s three more than the ONE guy they would have drafted in the third round. Dumbass.

mecha

Liked Posts:
we'll see what day 3 brings huh. I like days 1 and 2 thus far.

Ryan Pace never sleeps bro

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In most drafts if you can get 3/4 players that can play, you've had a successful draft. Given what they needed and how low the resources were going in....find one more guy. A DB or OL or WR.....don't care. One more guy.......

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
Whatever happened to building your team through the draft? That's what Pace says, then he trades away so many picks that the team has no quality depth,
You gotta have quality starters before depth becomes a thing.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Love the mean streak this mofo has!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, could be Ifedi to RG and then maybe Daniels gets another go at center? I mean, he was originally a center at Iowa.
I like that.

(Pace lucky ass camp cut/Leno/2022Trade upOrMacktrade)(Whitehair)(Daniels/Mustipher)(Ifedi/Bars)(Jenkins)

but the voices say to me in their husky shadow whispers in the dark or when I close my eyes, Jenkins will be Bears LT whether its his best spot or not.