So... who wins the North???

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
I think you have to go with Minny. Green Bay will take a step back IMHO. Lost talent didn’t do much to replace it. Lions are not in contention for anything but a top 10 pick again. Bears still haven’t done enough on the O for me to put them above Minny. What are your thoughts?
I don't see how you can look at the Vikings and say it's them. They lost starters at S, CB1, CB2, DE, OG, and WR2.

To act like they are better than last year with a young team is a bit of a joke. They have to hit on all their top picks and still may not be talented enough with it being their rookie seasons.

It's really the Bears division to lose. Upgrades just about all over the field except the secondary. And even then, the drop off should be slight and more than made up for with the improved pass rush.

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears
Vikes
Pack
Lions

Nagy either learns how to use Mitch in year 3 or moves on to Foles. He finally has his Y and U TEs. RG is still a question mark, but Osemele is still out there or they might be high on Bars or Ifedi...

Top ten defense will be healthy with Hicks, Mack, Nichols, Trevathan back from injuries and Roquan mentally healthy. Add the Quinn upgrade and there's a real chance for dominance if our offense is adequate.

The Vikes did lose a lot of starters... had a good draft, but that's unproven rookies expected to replace pro bowl players.

The Pack were like the 2018 Bears... lots of close games where the ball bounced their way... tougher schedule and they'll be closer to 8-8 than 13-3

The Lions are the Lions. Stafford has a broken back and they are in that "we need to rebuild, but we are stubbornly refusing" mode...

All that being said, I'm a homer whose been drinking the kool aid and insanely optimistic our defense and new offensive toys will be the ticket back to the top ?⬇️

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think the Packers were really fortunate last season. Their defense played well and overall they were healthy. Without doing much in Free Agency and having an underwhelming draft, there is no reason to think they will improve. I expect a regression.

Vikings, lost ally of experience. They do have depth, but I wouldn't expect the replacements to just waltz in and replace Stephon Diggs and Everson Griffen. I also dont expecte them to do as well in outside the NFC North like last season.

Lions have improved the most imo this offseason. They will field a formidable defense. If Stafford stays healthy they should field an average offense. Also, I dont expecte them to go 0-6 in the North. I'll give them 2-4.

Bears didnt do enough on offense this offseason. Hopefully the O-Line can revert back to 2018 form, but not much has been done to feel confident that it will. There have been no real game changing offensive playmakers added either. Hopefully Graham and Kmet can help us get more production at TE, but that's not saying much. We need a true playmaker to go with A-Rob, bug so far I am not entirely sold. Defense should still be stout and even better on paper with Quinn, J. Johnson and the return of Hicks.

Overall, I think everyone will beat up on each other in the division. The first to 4 NFC North wins may be the champ.

Vikings - 10-6 wins tiebreaker
Bears - 10-6
Packers 9-7
Lions - 7-9

Last edited:

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I know is, this Defence front 7 if healthy is better than last years. I wouldn't want to play them. If the O can improve, just a bit, I like the Bears chances to playoffs. Division? Possible, as both GB and Minn have regressed.

Defense Wins

Liked Posts:
I think you have to go with Minny. Green Bay will take a step back IMHO. Lost talent didn’t do much to replace it. Lions are not in contention for anything but a top 10 pick again. Bears still haven’t done enough on the O for me to put them above Minny. What are your thoughts?
Not us with no run game....

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
We beat the Vikings how many times last year, thought so

For sure. Some posters here forget the last 3 years Bears are 5-1 vs Vikings. There are some teams that you have their number. It's like the Packers when they play the Bears, they usually win, lol

Last edited:

Weebey Brice

Formerly Caleb Williams/Weebay
Liked Posts:
Bears finished 4-2 vs division opponents last year with the worst offense in the league.

Packers won 13 games with just a point differential of Plus 63 which means they were winning a lot of close games that could have gone either way. They'll be back to .500

It'll be Bears and Vikings playing for the division.
Easy to finish 4-2 when you’re facing David Blough, Jeff Driskel, Sean Mannion.

Weebey Brice

Liked Posts:
Wow, a lot of you are gonna be in for a rude awakening this season. Why do you guys do this to yourselves ? I understand optimism, but wowzers, someone in this thread said this defense will be as good as the 2000 Ravens D, are you kidding me? Listen, we all know how this season is going to go. Foles will start the season, stink up the joint. Trubisky will come in, stink up the joint. Fans yell for Tyler Bray, he comes in, reenergizes the team with a win before coming down to reality. The defense will be solid but injuries will happen for sure, they won’t have the depth to withstand. All this will result in your typical 7-9 Bears season. Stop punishing yourselves.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
Wow, a lot of you are gonna be in for a rude awakening this season. Why do you guys do this to yourselves ? I understand optimism, but wowzers, someone in this thread said this defense will be as good as the 2000 Ravens D, are you kidding me? Listen, we all know how this season is going to go. Foles will start the season, stink up the joint. Trubisky will come in, stink up the joint. Fans yell for Tyler Bray, he comes in, reenergizes the team with a win before coming down to reality. The defense will be solid but injuries will happen for sure, they won’t have the depth to withstand. All this will result in your typical 7-9 Bears season. Stop punishing yourselves.

What the fuck are you talking about? A majority of the posts on here are saying the Bears either flat out don't win the division or need some significant improvements to even compete.

So let me get this straight. The Bears make wholesale improvements across the board, both in terms of personnel and coaching, get healthier and you expect them to get worse? Keep in mind that they went 8-8 last year with one of the toughest schedules in the league. So yeah, if that's your expectation, you are the one who will be rudely awakened.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Any team that isn't the Lions has a chance to win it.

Weebey Brice

Liked Posts:
What the fuck are you talking about? A majority of the posts on here are saying the Bears either flat out don't win the division or need some significant improvements to even compete.

So let me get this straight. The Bears make wholesale improvements across the board, both in terms of personnel and coaching, get healthier and you expect them to get worse? Keep in mind that they went 8-8 last year with one of the toughest schedules in the league. So yeah, if that's your expectation, you are the one who will be rudely awakened.

Yeah. A schedule that featured the likes of Case Keenum, Sean Mannion, Joe Flacco, David Blough, Jeff Driskel is definitely a tough one. You have to be absolutely blind to think they improved across the board. The only improvement I see is Robert Quinn. What coaching improvements? Castillo is a toss up, but Lazor as OC? Are you kidding me? Bengals/Dolphins fans were laughing at us when we did that hire. He’s nothing more than a yes man for Nagy. Yeah I expect them to get worse, what changes on offense are you most comfortable with? Don’t worry I’ll wait.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hard to say at this point. Probably the Packers based solely on Rodgers but there’s not much separation there.

The Packers should regress back to the mean this year with such a flat draft and an identity crisis brewing. I don’t think they’re particularly strong on either side of the ball.

The Vikes are rebuilding in the fly and have a ton of talent to replace esp on Def which has been their identity. It’s hard to say what they are right now.

The Lions as always are a mess and not worth the time.

If you can fix the offensive regression last year with the coaching changes and shoring up the roster to match Nagy’s scheme (TEs anyone)—and of course get more out of the QB position—the Bears have the defense to contend.

I’m cautiously optimistic *if* the season actually happens.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears
Vikes
Pack
Lions

Nagy either learns how to use Mitch in year 3 or moves on to Foles. He finally has his Y and U TEs. RG is still a question mark, but Osemele is still out there or they might be high on Bars or Ifedi...

Top ten defense will be healthy with Hicks, Mack, Nichols, Trevathan back from injuries and Roquan mentally healthy. Add the Quinn upgrade and there's a real chance for dominance if our offense is adequate.

The Vikes did lose a lot of starters... had a good draft, but that's unproven rookies expected to replace pro bowl players.

The Pack were like the 2018 Bears... lots of close games where the ball bounced their way... tougher schedule and they'll be closer to 8-8 than 13-3

The Lions are the Lions. Stafford has a broken back and they are in that "we need to rebuild, but we are stubbornly refusing" mode...

All that being said, I'm a homer whose been drinking the kool aid and insanely optimistic our defense and new offensive toys will be the ticket back to the top ?⬇
Why is Staffords injury more relevant than Foles?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand everyone writing of the Lions because of their finish last year after Staffords Injury. Prior to that they beat the Chargers and Eagles, went toe to toe with the Chiefs, only losing in the last minute, then the Green bay debacle in which they really won that game, lead the entire way, only to have the refs steal the game from them in their typical GB bullshit. And it's not just a Lions fan saying that, everyone on this board was saying the same thing. Stafford was on track for a 5000 yard year, the offense was top ten...then the wheels came off. if they are at the same level that they were the first part of last year, they are easily a 9-7 team. Any improvements...who knows.....

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think the Packers were really fortunate last season. Their defense played well and overall they were healthy. Without doing much in Free Agency and having an underwhelming draft, there is no reason to think they will improve. I expect a regression.

Vikings, lost ally of experience. They do have depth, but I wouldn't expect the replacements to just waltz in and replace Stephon Diggs and Everson Griffen. I also dont expecte them to do as well in outside the NFC North like last season.

Lions have improved the most imo this offseason. They will field a formidable defense. If Stafford stays healthy they should field an average offense. Also, I dont expecte them to go 0-6 in the North. I'll give them 2-4.

Bears didnt do enough on offense this offseason. Hopefully the O-Line can revert back to 2018 form, but not much has been done to feel confident that it will. There have been no real game changing offensive playmakers added either. Hopefully Graham and Kmet can help us get more production at TE, but that's not saying much. We need a true playmaker to go with A-Rob, bug so far I am not entirely sold. Defense should still be stout and even better on paper with Quinn, J. Johnson and the return of Hicks.

Overall, I think everyone will beat up on each other in the division. The first to 4 NFC North wins may be the champ.

Vikings - 10-6 wins tiebreaker
Bears - 10-6
Packers 9-7
Lions - 7-9
If that's how it ends up being, i think all three teams make the playoffs because of the 7th playoff seed.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I understand everyone writing of the Lions because of their finish last year after Staffords Injury. Prior to that they beat the Chargers and Eagles, went toe to toe with the Chiefs, only losing in the last minute, then the Green bay debacle in which they really won that game, lead the entire way, only to have the refs steal the game from them in their typical GB bullshit. And it's not just a Lions fan saying that, everyone on this board was saying the same thing. Stafford was on track for a 5000 yard year, the offense was top ten...then the wheels came off. if they are at the same level that they were the first part of last year, they are easily a 9-7 team. Any improvements...who knows.....

I don't count the Lions out. They have a lot of talent on that offense and upgraded it with TJ Hockenson last year and upgraded their offense with D.Swift and some o-line help in this draft and a couple nice pieces on defense starting with Okudah obviously but you did lose Slay who's one of the best CB's in the NFL IMO and got J.Okwara as well to go with T.Flowers.

Stafford can still sling it and you have two really good WR's especially K.Golladay who i'm a big fan of. Stafford still worries me with winning games in the end and playing good consistently and then still worried about Patricia and if he's a good HC and if his players like him. I think they'll look to get a QB to sit behind Stafford in next years draft.