My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Houston Cougars

dennehy

Liked Posts:
This has been the expected number for awhile. Bears do not really have much flexibility with only probably 26 players under contract after cuts, probably will be around $50mil which isn't much with 27 or so signings or draftees still to count toward the cap. Way too much pushing of salaries via restructure.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
There isn’t much relief until some of these boat anchor contracts come off the books

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears will have new coach and GM so they aren’t in a position to compete next year anyway. Take all the dead cap hits you can this offseason is the best way forward.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like a big number but not really after they had to go backwards this year. Bears have been pushing a lot of salary anyway to make current cap and about half the team needs to be signed going forward into next year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This has been the expected number for awhile. Bears do not really have much flexibility with only probably 26 players under contract after cuts, probably will be around $50mil which isn't much with 27 or so signings or draftees still to count toward the cap. Way too much pushing of salaries via restructure.

Agreed, but at least its still 50m(Minus any cuts, which you'd expect some too).

This makes me excited because it means the next GM can allocate that money towards the offensive side to ensure fields succeeds.

Getting a player like Gallup here and re-signing Daniels already takes up like 20m of that cap...

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Agreed, but at least its still 50m(Minus any cuts, which you'd expect some too).

This makes me excited because it means the next GM can allocate that money towards the offensive side to ensure fields succeeds.

Getting a player like Gallup here and re-signing Daniels already takes up like 20m of that cap...
It will probably be 50 after cuts, it's 44 now on spotrac. Very few players to cut.

I doubt they will have enough to sign someone like Gallup with the number of holes they will need to fill.