Some Wonky Stats

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields will be fine and is getting some valuable reps.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jenkins looked like fish out of water yesterday. Played like a guy that needs reps and conditioning. I get wanting to play him but he was probably not the best option at this time.
Who else though? Every other backup tackle has been trash.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Jenkins looked like fish out of water yesterday. Played like a guy that needs reps and conditioning. I get wanting to play him but he was probably not the best option at this time.
I see what you're saying, BUT, you were 4-8 going into the game. You eventually need to see what you have in him. He started off decent, but you're point about conditioning remains.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
I give Teven a pass. First game, first real reps (no training camp, preseason, etc). After recovering from back surgery and coming in for an injured Peters.

What you did see is some aggressive blocking. He gets more time.

Fields was my favorite player coming out of college, but there were a few ad hoc plays that that were awesome, just not enough wow throws. Felt a little disappointing. Loved the pitch to Monty while four guys were trying to bring him down. Powerful dude.

He was under duress and he throws a damn missile. I felt like a ton of his intermediate throws were dropped last night.

I think ARob should be shut down for the rest of the year. He doesn’t give a damn out there. Too bad. He was fantastic during his tenure here, but that was garbage.

baredown

Liked Posts:
Pretty easy to generate great QB pressure numbers when the QB is slow to read, slow to release, and has a first inclination to buy time with his feet. Not saying Fields won’t get to where he needs to be, but right now he’s a stat padder for defenses…

Last edited:

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Uh you do realize that those people that are saying the offensive line isn't an issue are factoring in the fact that the Bears were playing two rookie offensive tackles last night and before that they were playing a guy what wasn't in a gym working out trying to stay in shape but was on a fishing boat enjoying retirement?

The Bears have started a combination of four offensive tackles this season Ifefi, Wilkinson, Borum Peters and then Jenkins was thrust into action last night.

Guess what? That will effect the pass blocking of your OL every single time.

I get most everyone hated Charles Leno and is glad he's gone but the dude was above average and NEVER missed a snap.

Y'all are some shortsighted idiots.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yeah he didn't look too good but that's expected for a guy that hasn't gotten any reps besides the couple he got on field goals last week and has never played in the NFL. But our season is also over and has been for many weeks now so i'm good with getting him reps as long as his back doesn't flare up on him in any way.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Uh you do realize that those people that are saying the offensive line isn't an issue are factoring in the fact that the Bears were playing two rookie offensive tackles last night and before that they were playing a guy what wasn't in a gym working out trying to stay in shape but was on a fishing boat enjoying retirement?

The Bears have started a combination of four offensive tackles this season Ifefi, Wilkinson, Borum Peters and then Jenkins was thrust into action last night.

Guess what? That will effect the pass blocking of your OL every single time.

I get most everyone hated Charles Leno and is glad he's gone but the dude was above average and NEVER missed a snap.

Y'all are some shortsighted idiots.
Relax homie, that post was intended for one person in particular who said we cannot blame the OL for the performance of Fields.

if you read my post afterward you will see my thoughts on Teven.

Leno was serviceable, but he cost us on many key drives. I think an upgrade was needed. Peters was pretty damn good, but Teven now needs to build on his first game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jenkins looked like a guy no accustomed to NFL game speed.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Jenkins looked like a guy no accustomed to NFL game speed.
Hope he figures it out! Would love to have two solid rookie bookends on the cheap.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not down on Jenkins at all.

He's been in an impossible position since he was drafted. I'm holding off any judgment until next fall.

The thing I'm looking at is his foot speed. The knock on him was he's a beast...but he might not be athletic enough to play LT in the NFL .

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Teams in general are going to get their pressures on rookies.
1) They tend to blitz more
2) Rookie Qb's tend to not audible or call correct hot routes

In time Fields will make teams pay for this. I don't really see it as an oline issue.

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes

He's been in an impossible position since he was drafted. I'm holding off any judgment until next fall.

The thing I'm looking at is his foot speed. The knock on him was he's a beast...but he might not be athletic enough to play LT in the NFL .
Probably need to reserve judgment until next year with a full offseason under his belt. He did seem a step slow at times. The main concern for me was him not attacking the rusher as aggressively as I thought he would and losing some hand fighting quickly. He went against a good rusher but hopefully he can build off of this game while finally getting some game action. Hard to replicate this on the bench or in non-padded practices.

Glad he is getting a chance.

With all that being said, I did see some of the beastly traits on certain blocks, straight stonewall.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Speed is what was getting him yesterday but he was taking early sets which was weird. Really doesn't look like he's in NFL football shape either.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who else though? Every other backup tackle has been trash.
No doubt. Wilkerson would have been better but on covid vaca. Simmons is definitely worse.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Speed is what was getting him yesterday but he was taking early sets which was weird. Really doesn't look like he's in NFL football shape either.

That's just it. I think most of the people getting their panties in a twist at the "Jenkins was fine" crowd don't understand that we are considering all the factors and that the kid was put in an impossible situation. Frankly, I was shocked it didn't look worse.

Because the essentially just dropped a college kid into an NFL game with little to no preparation, you have to consider that.

So for Tevin, I am treating this like preseason for him. I am looking for traits. I am NOT looking for a finished product.

And what I saw was a kid, who despite being overmatched, stayed aggressive and was seeking out contact.

I was fooled a little in the first half into thinking the kid would be ok at LT after all, but the 2nd half confirmed my suspicions that he's likely better suited for RT. I've felt all along Borom would make a better LT anyway.

The things were Jenkins was deficient are things that can be fixed with a year's worth of weight training, a training camp, and a better coach to coach the line. Love his aggressiveness.

So yeah, I think the Bears may end up fine at the tackle spots. Now we need to fix the interior, BADLY.

Got to replace all 3 - at least Daniels doesn't have a contract after this season.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Exactly who else would you put in there? Move Borum over and play Jenkins at right tackle?