First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I dont think they are done. I think Lauri is on the move.

Bulls kept PWill, Thad and Coby so far. I like it.
I believe the only two players we weren't making available via trade were Lavine and Patrick Williams.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
NBA beat writers are shitting all over this

hwkn

Liked Posts:
I've never heard of Vucevic so to me that trade is a dud.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Reading it does nothing for the franchise long term. That the mid 1st round picks are worth more than the players

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Reading it does nothing for the franchise long term. That the mid 1st round picks are worth more than the players
giphy.gif

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
That's a pretty poor take. It makes us more competitive over the next couple years which hopefully helps keep Lavine and possibly attract other free agents. I don't think they are done yet either.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Vucevic is here until 2022-23 when he'll be 33 years old, at which point, he probably won't be an All-Star anymore and clearly declining.

Long term, yeah, it doesn't do much for us in terms of actually winning a championship. But it makes us better right now, and is better than standing pat with this crappy roster and uncertainty of both the draft and NBA free agency. If we were a gutter trash team with a chance at the #1 pick, I could see differently, but we have a very slim chance of the #1 pick without tanking the rest of the way.

Mid-1st round picks are not worth that much. It's like a 4th rounder in the NFL. You don't find a whole lot of stars mid-round, and if teams do, its generally sheer luck. Often any stars who have formed out of mid-round picks have taken years to get to that point (Kawhi and Greek come to mind).

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Vucevic is here until 2022-23 when he'll be 33 years old, at which point, he probably won't be an All-Star anymore and clearly declining.

Long term, yeah, it doesn't do much for us in terms of actually winning a championship. But it makes us better right now, and is better than standing pat with this crappy roster and uncertainty of both the draft and NBA free agency. If we were a gutter trash team with a chance at the #1 pick, I could see differently, but we have a very slim chance of the #1 pick without tanking the rest of the way.

Mid-1st round picks are not worth that much. It's like a 4th rounder in the NFL. You don't find a whole lot of stars mid-round, and if teams do, its generally sheer luck. Often any stars who have formed out of mid-round picks have taken years to get to that point (Kawhi and Greek come to mind).
What makes the trade for Vucevic even better is that it was front loaded. He'll make $26M this year, and then $24M and $22M the next two seasons. So sure, he may be declining by by 2023, but he won't be eating up a ton of cap space, and he'd be much easier to move. In the meantime, he's an excellent offensive piece for this team and it's going to be great seeing him and Lavine working a two-man game.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Interesting trade. Vuc is 30 though so how much longer will he be effective? This would be slam dunk trade if he was 27. Don't see much use for Lauri now as he enters restricted FA.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Does Cousins have any ability to protect the rim anymore? Or potentially look at javale Mcgee?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
HOLY SH.......
???????