Something happened...BULLS ACQUIRE VUCEVIC

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Surprised they didn’t get rid of Lauri. Wonder if the Wagner for Theiss swap ended up going through.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Surprised they didn’t get rid of Lauri. Wonder if the Wagner for Theiss swap ended up going through.

It did go through, Woj just confirmed. I like him better than Wagner. He can play some defense and stretch the floor.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like the Theis pickup, assuming it does go through. He's a solid big

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Vucevic is here until 2022-23 when he'll be 33 years old, at which point, he probably won't be an All-Star anymore and clearly declining.

Long term, yeah, it doesn't do much for us in terms of actually winning a championship. But it makes us better right now, and is better than standing pat with this crappy roster and uncertainty of both the draft and NBA free agency. If we were a gutter trash team with a chance at the #1 pick, I could see differently, but we have a very slim chance of the #1 pick without tanking the rest of the way.

Mid-1st round picks are not worth that much. It's like a 4th rounder in the NFL. You don't find a whole lot of stars mid-round, and if teams do, its generally sheer luck. Often any stars who have formed out of mid-round picks have taken years to get to that point (Kawhi and Greek come to mind).
Luckily, the Bulls are protected if they land a top 4 pick in 2021.

Reading it does nothing for the franchise long term. That the mid 1st round picks are worth more than the players
As for this reading of the article, I believe that "the mid 1st round picks are worth more than the players" refers to the players that the Bulls gave up. So basically a top 3 center / all star center was traded for 2 mid 1st round picks and a couple of crappy players thrown in. I'll take that.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
How did we do on this one? I don't know anything about the 3 no-names we acquired.
Theis is the main acquition. Somewhat addresses the interior.

I know nothing about the other guys.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Theis is the main acquition. Somewhat addresses the interior.

I know nothing about the other guys.
With Thad, Vucevic, Lauri, and Theis now the bigs are solid. Id like to see Thad start with Vuc personally. I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get another PG but Sato has run the offense a little better. I think in the offseason they need to replace Lauri and get a PG and some SF depth.

Assuming we have a second rounder I'd wouldn't mind them taking a shot on the guard out of Ohio University

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Wish we could have got something for Lauri. Getting Vuc made the Lauri/Lonzo swap sound better or maybe snag a first to replace the ones we just sent out. We'll likely let him go in the off season for nothing.

I'm happy with the deal we made. Carter is looking like a bust and those picks are hopefully mid-rounders. Only thing i wish is that Vucevic was 27 not 30 (but he does have a game that will age well). Also wish he was a bit more defensively.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Isn’t there still time to trade Lauri?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
How did we do on this one? I don't know anything about the 3 no-names we acquired.
Troy Brown Jr. is a 6'7" guard who can play the point. He apparently played well in the bubble last year, but has been buried on the depth chart because of Westbrook. He, at worse, seems to be a low-risk, high reward player on a very cheap contract.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
J. Green from Boston I am assuming is Javonte Green. I'm assuming he will be a Windy City Bull.