Something happened...BULLS ACQUIRE VUCEVIC

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
My guess is they let Lauri walk and sign Lonzo in free agency.

I would have rather got a look at how Lonzo meshes with Zach first though.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
With Thad, Vucevic, Lauri, and Theis now the bigs are solid. Id like to see Thad start with Vuc personally. I'm a little disappointed we couldn't get another PG but Sato has run the offense a little better. I think in the offseason they need to replace Lauri and get a PG and some SF depth.

Assuming we have a second rounder I'd wouldn't mind them taking a shot on the guard out of Ohio University

Nice call, I love Preston's game.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

I don't think this is a FO that allows Lauri to walk for nothing. Now, if it's a sign and trade with Lonzo, then that works.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man...I liked this trade deadline until we dealt with the Celtics.

Theis thrives in a Celtic system surrounded by 4 talents. Wagner was probably the guy to keep there.
The price for Vucevic was steep especially if we suck.

Basically never deal with Ange, he will win. He gave us two players that look much better with the smartest coach in the league and surrounded by hounds.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
What's the money ramifications for this in free agency this off season? Wash?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
NBA trades have to be within a certain amount money wise. It appears that the Bulls are also getting money in return, so the Bulls have really made out today.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Theis thrives in a Celtic system surrounded by 4 talents. Wagner was probably the guy to keep there.

Basically never deal with Ange, he will win. He gave us two players that look much better with the smartest coach in the league and surrounded by hounds.
Is Donovan stupid?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

WRONG.

Boston had to deal Theis because:
A. He was going to leave this off-season
B. Not paying the luxury tax.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
NBA trades have to be within a certain amount money wise. It appears that the Bulls are also getting money in return, so the Bulls have really made out today.
I meant in free agency for next year. I know Porter was expiring so I assume that's all replaced with multi year money giving less flexible to sign free agents. Honestly don't know where they are at cap wise but I saw the 2.5 or so they got in the trade didn't know if that was considered straight cash or cap space as well.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Dont hate this trade. Feel iffy on the picks, its the price of business. But I would feel a lot better about top 8 protected this year and top 4 protected in 2023.

I get the move the East still stinks and its to please ZL trying to get him on the books for five more years after 2021-2022 season so I truthfully get all of that. But if it takes a week or two for all the new pieces to fit in, with the schedule we have coming up we could easily end up in the top 8-10 of the lotto and then we would really be hoping to move up again.

As far as Lonzo, no just no.

He needs to play a year here for the cheap before we invest anything close to what he wants financially in him. He aint no 20m a year player as is and apparently even though he wants out of New Orleans they are going to leverage the fact they own his RFA rights into a sign and trade so you can really miss me on paying him close to 20m and giving up shit for him

Master Debater

Liked Posts:

It was steep if we suck. If we stay the same or get better its a steal. Carter Jr sucks so basically it was Vuc for two picks cause Carter aint gonna bump Isaac off that PF spot which he wants so hes going to continue to get beat the fuck up by real big men playing a posiiton he dont wanna play while being undersized.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:

Yeah as I said in a previous post two minutes ago (no shade at you) New Orleans is going to use his RFA status to parlay that into assets in return despite the fact he dont wanna be there. I aint paying Lonzo 20m or close to it which he wants cause he sure has shit hasnt earned that nor am I even paying a 2nd rounder to New Orleans on top of that for them not to match it.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
Now that its all over. Would you rather still have the deals we made or would you in hindsight make Cleveland too good of an offer with 2nd rounders to get Drummond, sending Porter in return who they would probably buy out, and then send WCJ, White and ONE first round pick (ideally the 2023 pick) for Aaron Gordon?

I'd probably take the hindsight deal. Drummond and Thad would play well off each other move Lauri to the bench and have Gordon come off the bench at 16 million (which imo hes not worth BTW but hes young) who can play some SF to spell Williams and then still make the Gafford and Hutch, Wagner trades.

Then you still have a chance to find a PG in the draft as a playoff team or a lotto team however it would have played out and use the RFA status on Laurie to get something back in return like New Orleans is planning to do with Ball

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Vucevic is the best C on offense for this team since Artis Gilmore, plus WCJ is gone so I say the trade is a double win. Also, good riddance to bad rubbish with Hutchinson and Kornet. The front court is much improved.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I think a thing with these moves that is underrated is we had guys like kornet, Denzel, arch, mokoka, hutch playing valuable minutes throughout the year. They are all awful brown, green and aminu faroq (whatever his name is) are players that athletically can come in a provide minutes without being huge liabilities on both ends of the floor. I think our depth (as far as realistically nba caliber athletes) improved drastically

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:

Found this on twitter

ExWgSALVgAA4q3W

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Yeah as I said in a previous post two minutes ago (no shade at you) New Orleans is going to use his RFA status to parlay that into assets in return despite the fact he dont wanna be there. I aint paying Lonzo 20m or close to it which he wants cause he sure has shit hasnt earned that nor am I even paying a 2nd rounder to New Orleans on top of that for them not to match it.

Believe me im not that hot on Lonzo either. I hope a better option presents itself.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I meant in free agency for next year. I know Porter was expiring so I assume that's all replaced with multi year money giving less flexible to sign free agents. Honestly don't know where they are at cap wise but I saw the 2.5 or so they got in the trade didn't know if that was considered straight cash or cap space as well.
Great question, and it's one that I don't have an answer.