1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Found this on twitter

ExWgSALVgAA4q3W
^ @MassHavoc

Axl is always good at finding this info.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
The picks are Top 4 protected. If the Bulls even pick in the Top 4 then something went very very wrong. And they have a top 4 pick. I don’t mind giving those up honestly.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:
The picks are Top 4 protected. If the Bulls even pick in the Top 4 then something went very very wrong. And they have a top 4 pick. I don’t mind giving those up honestly.

true on paper but as I said in the GDT thread this team is 3-16 vs teams above .500 this year with a lot of those games coming up. On paper they should be better but for some prospective That pick is tied for 10th today in the lotto just 4 games away from Washington, (not catching orlando or detroit if it went bad) for 5th in the lotto and 1.5 games back from 8th 2.5 games from 6th which is where you need to be to avoid all the play-in crap.

again we are 3-16 vs teams with a winning record and have 5 in a row coming up vs said teams 4 on the road and one at home where we have actually been worse all year long than on the road. so by april 4th is a very real possibility this team is 10 games below .500 and squarely in the 5th,6th,7th,8th place lotto position.

then we get a break with some other bad/losing teams mixed in then a gauntlet vs winning record teams to end the season with only detroit and toronto as records currently stand as our two opponents with losing records from April 22nd to the end of the season.

I hope it doesnt happen but if we end up with or get in the lotto the 5th seed/pick this trade completely turns in Orlandos favor.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that its all over. Would you rather still have the deals we made or would you in hindsight make Cleveland too good of an offer with 2nd rounders to get Drummond, sending Porter in return who they would probably buy out, and then send WCJ, White and ONE first round pick (ideally the 2023 pick) for Aaron Gordon?

I'd probably take the hindsight deal. Drummond and Thad would play well off each other move Lauri to the bench and have Gordon come off the bench at 16 million (which imo hes not worth BTW but hes young) who can play some SF to spell Williams and then still make the Gafford and Hutch, Wagner trades.

Then you still have a chance to find a PG in the draft as a playoff team or a lotto team however it would have played out and use the RFA status on Laurie to get something back in return like New Orleans is planning to do with Ball

the answer is aaron Gordon, although Donovan has always done well with a big front court, qualities he had at Florida and OKC and he knows how to draw up those plays.

Now...will Gordon still hit free agency and does Vucevic get us a chance at him?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Little NBA fun fact from yesterday: There are a total of 3 players named Gary in the NBA and they all got traded yesterday.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Listening to a few national shows on the radio today and most of them completely ignored this move. I love the move and the fact that no one outside of Chicago sees any significance with it show we are going to surprise some folks. I still think we need a rim protector more than a PG at this point in time. We have been top 10 in the league in assists all year and will only improve upon that now having one of the best passing centers. Sato is perfectly fine getting the offense initiated for now. What NEEDS to happen is our main ball handlers to cut down on turnovers. Sure we have losing record against <.500 teams but how many of those times were we up big or had a chance to win. For the most part, it was costly turnovers and being reckless with the ball that cost us these games.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Listening to a few national shows on the radio today and most of them completely ignored this move. I love the move and the fact that no one outside of Chicago sees any significance with it show we are going to surprise some folks. I still think we need a rim protector more than a PG at this point in time. We have been top 10 in the league in assists all year and will only improve upon that now having one of the best passing centers. Sato is perfectly fine getting the offense initiated for now. What NEEDS to happen is our main ball handlers to cut down on turnovers. Sure we have losing record against <.500 teams but how many of those times were we up big or had a chance to win. For the most part, it was costly turnovers and being reckless with the ball that cost us these games.
What national shows?

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
What national shows?

I think Kellerman was one. Tiki and Tierney was another. Damon Amendalari as well as Bill Reiter. I've listened to the beginning of all but the Kellerman show since deadline ended and heard their take on trade deadline moves and none of them even mentioned it. Most of them talked about the Oladipo move and what's wrong with the Knicks or Lakers.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I think Kellerman was one. Tiki and Tierney was another. Damon Amendalari as well as Bill Reiter. I've listened to the beginning of all but the Kellerman show since deadline ended and heard their take on trade deadline moves and none of them even mentioned it. Most of them talked about the Oladipo move and what's wrong with the Knicks or Lakers.

Lol they actually let Max Kellerman talk basketball on that show? He‘s awful. My final straw with him was when he was saying the NBA should make it to where if you shoot a contested 2, it counts as 3 points.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
My only problem with the trade is not a problem with this trade, but any trade this year. And in every sport, things are so far out of the norm, you can't really evaluate players properly. So you don't know if a guy is playing well because of how good he is, or if it's a product of how fucked up all of sports has been with protocols and everything else. Really hard to get apples to apples. On the surface we're getting a really good player that has been productive for years. And we go that player for players that while some I kinda liked or thought had value, I'm not heartbroken that they had to be let go. Or at the very least I'm glad with the return. The draft picks still hurt the most here, but it's not so bad if you think that basically you are trading next years and some guys for salary for Vucevic. Then really all you are losing is the 23. That gets chalked up to the cost of doing business. My main fear is that he's still playing well and still maybe even considered peaking but he's also 10 years in. What are these next 2 years going to reflect. I don't think we bought on him getting better just that we need him to maintain the same level. This should be no problem, but a change of scenery you never know.

Will be really great to see how he meshes here especially with Theis, and the teammates. I am super glad of Patrick Williams pick more an more every day. and that's after having no real clue how he would be when selected. Him giving up his number to Vucevic further solidifies that he's definitely part of the core going forward.

Biggest thing that sucks right now is we have to wait til tomorrow to see all the new guys in action.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
In the near future, what does this kind of aggressiveness show to potential free agents? Does it show, the old stale Bulls are willing to do whatever it takes to win? Will this new regime have a better chance of signing a top FA in the near future?

A top market world wide, a top FA may have an opportunity to make a ton of money outside of the contract if the Bulls return to the Bulls we know that did what it took to be the best.

Just a thought.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:

Would've should've could've. Not being a dick but if my aunt had one she would be my uncle. They lost period, it doesnt matter how they lost they lost 16 of those 19 games and have a mini gauntlet, a break, then a large gauntlet to finish the season vs those types of teams so we will see.

Again not being a dick but there is no magic dust thats going magically stop players from doing the things you say costs them games so far.

Master Debater

Liked Posts:

thats how all media does though, its big market or where is your bread buttered (teams that win)

for example espn while they suck at it and try to charge people for their "insight" where its free everywhere else still has a college recruiting section of their website. in football they only talk about what the big name programs do. for example missouri got a top 160 kid a 4* QB to commit to them out of Georgia. Some site have the kid as a top 75 overall recruit. Anyway not a peep on ESPN about his recruitment, other sites more dedicated to it(college recruiting) covered it, but when Alabama gets a commitment its top story that same day on their CFB recruiting page.

point being if you arent good or a household name you aint going to get showered in media love.

Chicago hasnt been good, still has a losing record and like it or not isnt a household name. Jordan made the bulls and when he left and they couldnt build a franchise after everything else left with it too. I guarantee there are less bulls fans now than there were in 2003. Part of that is sucking the other part is people arent loyal and the last part is people arent fans of teams anymore. Common said in Chi at the ASG that he doesnt have a team he "roots for players".

Maybe it would have been the same if Jordan hopped around from team to team too. But I guarantee Cleveland, Miami and even LAL have seen an increase in merch sales and then a decrease in merch sales when LBJ came through then left a few years later. Also guarantee those markets have seen an increase in TV viewership for the local network games and then a large drop off again once he left.

ESPN so desperately wants the Knicks to be relevant because its an increase in ratings if they are because people want ESPN to talk about the most over hyped and rated franchise in basketball history.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
In the near future, what does this kind of aggressiveness show to potential free agents? Does it show, the old stale Bulls are willing to do whatever it takes to win? Will this new regime have a better chance of signing a top FA in the near future?

A top market world wide, a top FA may have an opportunity to make a ton of money outside of the contract if the Bulls return to the Bulls we know that did what it took to be the best.

Just a thought.
We're also probably past the point of where any player will argue they don't want to be in the shadow of Michael Jordan.

Any player 23 or younger at this point wasn't even born when the Bulls last won a championship.

But, I haven't really viewed the Jordan shadow as a problem in the last decade, it's more so been the front office and how terrible they really were. We'll see what happens with this one.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
thats how all media does though, its big market or where is your bread buttered (teams that win)

Pretty much. Miami is seen as a contender and NY / LA are always draws. The team is still on the outside looking in, but if they make a big run and make the playoffs it'll become fashionable to talk about the Bulls again.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lol they actually let Max Kellerman talk basketball on that show? He‘s awful. My final straw with him was when he was saying the NBA should make it to where if you shoot a contested 2, it counts as 3 points.

Did he really argue that?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Theis is a garbage time Rodman at best, Wagner has potential, Ainge wins again.

wagner will never be more than a bench scrub. He’s a very poor mans lauri. A guy that can shoot from the outside but can’t play a lick of defense

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
wagner will never be more than a bench scrub. He’s a very poor mans lauri. A guy that can shoot from the outside but can’t play a lick of defense
They are too young to write off their defense forever.

Lauri has a special build and I believe will grow into it.
Wagner is not euro soft at all. He can learn to use his body.