Son of 'Panzer General?'

Kush77

Liked Posts:

If any of you remember Panzer General (and I certainly do), there is good news from Slitherine and The Lordz Games Studio.
First appearing in 1994 from Strategic Simulations Inc., Panzer General is credited with bringing strategy gaming to the masses. An accessible game system and riveting gameplay made the series a hit with computer gamers.
Coming in 2011 will be Panzer Corps (see screenshots), a game that at first look appears to be a descendant of the good, old General.
Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios and 21 maps from the European Theater in World War II.

In other news:

• The expansion Field of Glory: Swords and Scimitars (see screenshots below) has been released by Hexwar, Slitherine and Matrix Games. The expansion will offer some 40 battles from ancient to medieval times.
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam is due Dec. 18 from EA through digital download through the EA Store and on Steam. On Dec. 21, the game can be found on Xbox Live Marketplace, PlayStation Store and PC download sources. Play as either a U.S. Marine or member of the North Vietnamese Army. Meanwhile, developer DICE announced that once players amass 69 million team actions, the Operation Hastings map will become unlocked. The map could be found in the original Battlefield: Vietnam.
  • Speaking of new maps, the first map pack for Halo: Reach recently was released. Featured are seven new achievements and three new environments.
  • NotSoft announced it was giving away full versions of its casual game Wytches Brew. Check it out at http://notsoftgames.com/news.htm.
  • Two new dungeons opened in Nexon's free-to-play MMORPG Vindictus. On tap are vicious Gnolls, deadly spiders and evil toads. Maybe the toads can give you warts.
  • W! Games announced its award-winning, turn-based strategy game Greed Corp will be available Dec. 10 through Steam. The game is set in a world of feudal warfare and environmental destruction through industrial consumption.
  • Registration is under way for the closed beta for Pride of Nations from Paradox Interactive and AGEOD. Sign-up ends Dec. 13. The game will simulate the battle of Great Powers between 1850 and 1920. Visit http://beta.paradoxplaza.com/.
  • Ministry of War, a nation-building strategy and warfare game, will join the line-up of free-to-play browser-based games from Aeria Games in January.
  • The free-to-play M.A.T. (Mission Against Terror) from Wicked Interactive launched Terminator Mode. A random amount of players are spawned as Terminators, and it's their job to survive until the time limit expires. The rest of the players are mummies.

Click Here To View on Suburban Chicago News

By: Kush77

IronMike

Liked Posts:
SSI was amazing! Panzer General was a great game. I'm sold.

I'm also dying to play Battlefield Vietnam. Black Ops failed to deliver the goods.

I've been eyeballing Civ 5. Civilization is still the greatest game ever made.