Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Sign. Him.

Lady luck has turned in the Bears favor with the vast amount of options available THIS offseason that could serve as a bridge QB until the Bears draft picks are replenished.

This is the biggest no brainer for this franchise.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I read an in depth breakdown detailing just how far Brady fell off this season. Several egregious misses, the accuracy was just not there. Then you have to take into account losing Belichick and that offensive system he’s been in forever as well as his age/mobility behind a suspect offensive line.

All that being said, it’s definitely a no brainer. Brady would immediately and dramatically elevate the offense from what it is today. And Brady seems to go into God mode whenever he’s been slighted and has something to prove.

Last edited:

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Why does chicago always get stars when they are over the hill? Its like the bulls getting wade or the sox getting griffey. He would probably be an upgrade over mitch, but there are probably 50 qbs that would be better.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
TB walking into Halas Hall: Thanks Ryan for your interest in me, I am really excited about a new challenge to finish up my first ballot HOF career. It has truly inspired and motivated me.

RP: Tom, it's a pleasure. We really feel we are just a few pieces away and that with you and a few key draftees we are on our way t the SuperBowl. I am going to let you talk to coach Nagy for a few minutes. Oh, and could I get an autograph?

MN: Tom, I think you will see that we have an offense in place with a myriad bubble screens and a completely devalued running game that is revolutionary.

TB: Do you guys validate for parking?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sign. Him.

Lady luck has turned in the Bears favor with the vast amount of options available THIS offseason that could serve as a bridge QB until the Bears draft picks are replenished.

This is the biggest no brainer for this franchise.
No way. I don't think you realized how much his skills have diminished. Look past the lack of weapons, he missed way too many throws. He is immobile and would get killed in this offense. It's actually more of a no brainer on why this would not work

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Bringing in Tom would breathe life into next season, but realistically...everything I've read has him going to a west coast team. I heard the Raiders last night. The Chargers, perhaps?

And like Eyedoc said...I cannot imagine Brady lowering himself to Nagy's system. Sorry.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
If he leaves the Pat's, I can only see him going to Tennessee or the Chargers.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I don't know why the man wouldn't just retire. spend your entire career with 1 team. had he not gotten kneecapped by the Chiefs in 2008 he would've broken Favre's start streak!

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Brady was slower, and more inaccurate than he has ever been in his career this year and.... he threw for more yards than any Bears QB has in history. If Brady shows any interest, Pace better drop to one knee and beg like a dog...

Correct.

A regression year for him is a franchise record year here.

He’s always been immobile.

Our weapons would be a huge upgrade for what he has in New England.

He would elevate the franchise at every level.

No. Brainer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still don't see him leaving New England. Sign him for a year and draft a guy....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
My gut tells me he'll be a Charger.

Why it works

For the team:
- They are losing a battle for the LA market. The contract with the Rams is weird. They pay $1/year in rent, but the Rams get almost all the gameday/gate revenue, meaning the Charger have not been marketing the team at all. They need a splash signing to get back some of the spotlight.
- They have a lot of pieces and need a QB - Great pass rush (Ingram and Bosa), great receiving weapons (Allen, Williams and Henry (FA, but could be franchised)
- With them having the 6th overall pick there's a good chance the top 2 QBs are left. Even if Tua is available, they can't expect him to be 100% in September.
- They have over $54M in cap space, so Tom's contract is very doable.

For Tom:
- LA is a big market and as private of a guy he seems the power couple of Giselle & Tom (I put her name first because she has made and will make more money) they need a world class city to maintain their marketability.
- Some of Tom's buddies live there. His personal trainer/nutrition guy Alex Guerrero lives there. There's a good chance he'll actively build out the TB12 brand post football. Makes sense to be close to Guerreo. That's also where Mark Wahlberg lives.
- The offensive weapons - When was the last time Tom was throwing passes to a group as talented as Keenan Allen, Mike Williams and Hunter Henry?
- Not sure if they will retain one or both of Gordon and Ekler, but if they do those are both nice weapons as runners and receivers.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My gut tells me he'll be a Charger.

Why it works

For the team:
- They are losing a battle for the LA market. The contract with the Rams is weird. They pay $1/year in rent, but the Rams get almost all the gameday/gate revenue, meaning the Charger have not been marketing the team at all. They need a splash signing to get back some of the spotlight.
- They have a lot of pieces and need a QB - Great pass rush (Ingram and Bosa), great receiving weapons (Allen, Williams and Henry (FA, but could be franchised)
- With them having the 6th overall pick there's a good chance the top 2 QBs are left. Even if Tua is available, they can't expect him to be 100% in September.
- They have over $54M in cap space, so Tom's contract is very doable.

For Tom:
- LA is a big market and as private of a guy he seems the power couple of Giselle & Tom (I put her name first because she has made and will make more money) they need a world class city to maintain their marketability.
- Some of Tom's buddies live there. His personal trainer/nutrition guy Alex Guerrero lives there. There's a good chance he'll actively build out the TB12 brand post football. Makes sense to be close to Guerreo. That's also where Mark Wahlberg lives.
- The offensive weapons - When was the last time Tom was throwing passes to a group as talented as Keenan Allen, Mike Williams and Hunter Henry?
- Not sure if they will retain one or both of Gordon and Ekler, but if they do those are both nice weapons as runners and receivers.

You make some solid points. Does he want to really play in the same division as Mahomes though. You dramatically decrease your playoff odds.

I’m praying Pace and Nagy put the full court press on.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Brady was slower, and more inaccurate than he has ever been in his career this year and.... he threw for more yards than any Bears QB has in history. If Brady shows any interest, Pace better drop to one knee and beg like a dog...
Brady is actually on a pretty large slide. 2018 was a down year and 2017 was worse. One item that is not talked about much is in the offseason between those two years he did something that's really telling. He changed his diet. After the SB loss to the Eagles he changed his focus and wanted to adjust his physical composition a bit to help him take more of a beating and recover better.

Think about that for a second. The founder of nutritional system TB12 acknowledged that the diet that lead to so much of his success wasn't working like it used too. Physically he's looking for ways to prolong his career. IMHO at the twilight of their career this is the 'kiss of death'.

Anyway, I know the Pats won in 2018, but if you look at his playoff performances they sort of won in spite of Tom's play:

PassingRushingFumblesOff. SnapsDef. SnapsST Snaps
RkDateG#WeekAgeTmOppResultGSCmpAttCmp%YdsTDIntRateSkYdsY/AAY/AAttYdsY/ATDFmbFLFFFRYdsTDNumPctNumPctNumPct
12019-01-13171941.163NWELACW 41-28*344477.2734310106.5007.808.252-1-0.50000000083100%00%00%
22019-01-20182041.170NWE@KANW 37-31*304665.223481277.1007.576.041-1-1.00000000097100%00%00%
32019-02-03192141.184NWENLARW 13-3*213560.002620171.4197.496.202-2-1.00010000072100%00%00%
3 Games3-0-08512568.009532385.8197.626.865-4-0.800100000

He was good against the chargers, but after that was very 'meh'.

Follow that up with a 2019 season where his QB rating was 88, which was beneath the NFL average, along with an unimpressive 209 yard, 0 TD, 1 INT, 59.4 QB Rating elimination playoff game against the Titans and there isn't much upside I see.

I should say, I'm not a Tom hater. IMHO he's one of, if not the greatest of all time. He's also going to be 43 years old this coming season. Sure we can say say his 505 yard Superbowl performance in 2017 might be the greatest ever, but that's no different than saying Peyton or Favre probably had their best career seasons within 1-2 years before retirement.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
You make some solid points. Does he want to really play in the same division as Mahomes though. You dramatically decrease your playoff odds.

I’m praying Pace and Nagy put the full court press on.
Well, from that perspective is facing Mahomes along with Denver and Oakland that much easier than facing Rodgers, Minnesota and Detroit. Remember he's got at most 3 years left.

KC is definitely in 'win now' mode, but so is the Pack and Viks. I'd add if he wants an easier division, then why would he leave NE, right?

Anyway, I think Tom's decision will come down to the following items in no particular order:

Legacy - If he leaves NE then he's essentially closed that chapter. He was never benched in NE (like Eli) and the last memories will be of Superbowl glory. There are reasons why Peyton, Montana and Favre ended their careers with other teams.
Money - This is not just the highest amount an NFL team can pay him to play QB, but which market offers the most opportunities for Giselle and him post NFL (Again, I put her name first because location will be huge for her earning potential).
Weapons - He'll want to go somewhere that gives him the best chance to look good. He's played with and had his most success while throwing to Randy Moss and Gronk in their prime. I'm extremely confident he prefers playing with more talented players.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady....”I’ve played in 9 SBs and won 6 of them, yet some people still give Bill all the credit.... what can I do to solidify my position as the GOAT? What can I do that’s HARDER than winning 6 fucking Super Bowls?

? I know, I’ll fix the Bears QB situation!”

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
He could care less about the money. He is going to go where he thinks he can win to seal his legacy. The Bears could be it as they are perceived nationally as a strong team missing the QB to take them to the next level.