SoThis Is Goodbye

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
Dear Bears Fans

I showed up here excited for AD to take over this team. Looking back, I was naive. I knew nothing of Nagy’s incompetence or the overall ineptitude surrounding this team and its management. I didn’t know the OL sucked or that the fan base was so disillusioned that it bordered on neurotic.

I’ve learned all those things this year, and more.

I can say this: AD tried. He didn’t have much time to throw, he didn’t have much coaching, and he didn’t have any true support from any of you. But he gave all he had.

AD is an average NFL QB. There are many who are better. And there’s a whole lot worse out there. He’s been handed chicken shit his whole career and managed to make chicken salad more than could be expected. He’s been shoveled so much chicken shit during this experience in Chicago it’s just depressing. Lots of guys would’ve folded. Or thrown a fit. AD has been a class act the whole time.

Best of luck with Fields. I have my doubts but we will all know by the end of year 3. If he wins a Super Bowl for the Bears I will personally come back here and donate $500 to the charity of the Board’s choice. Mark it. It’s a promise.

Finally, I’d like to say to Anytime23, you’re a good dude and I really enjoyed your posts and attitude. BaaBaaBlackSheep, same. BrotherHood, don’t let these guys get you down. Black Rainbow, there is good out there—go find it. For the rest of you, I’ll just say I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Whelp, this is it. Best of luck guys. Goodbye.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Dear Bears Fans

I showed up here excited for AD to take over this team. Looking back, I was naive. I knew nothing of Nagy’s incompetence or the overall ineptitude surrounding this team and its management. I didn’t know the OL sucked or that the fan base was so disillusioned that it bordered on neurotic.

I can say this: AD tried. He didn’t have much time to throw, he didn’t have much coaching, and he didn’t have any true support from any of you. But he gave all he had.

AD is an average NFL QB. There are many who are better. And there’s a whole lot worse out there. He’s been handed chicken shit his whole career and managed to make chicken salad more than could be expected. He’s been shoveled so much chicken shit during this experience in Chicago it’s just depressing. Lots of guys would’ve folded. Or thrown a fit. AD has been a class act the whole time.

Best of luck with Fields. I have my doubts but we will all know by the end of year 3. If he wins a Super Bowl for the Bears I will personally come back here and donate $500 to the charity of the Board’s choice. Mark it. It’s a promise.

Finally, I’d like to say to Anytime23, you’re a good dude and I really enjoyed your posts and attitude. BaaBaaBlackSheep, same. BrotherHood, don’t let these guys get you down. Black Rainbow, there is good out there—go find it. For the rest of you, I’ll just say I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

You can still stay a fan, even after Dalton leaves.

Dalton is an average QB. But he is also a class act as a teammate and as a human being. That is far more important than anything he does on the field.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@JurisFrog anyone that drops a Bilbo quote is good people in my book. Safe travels.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good luck and just as a reminder - I told you on your very first post that the coaching staff was incompetent and AD wouldn't fare well here.

Rise

Liked Posts:
We still have to count Andy dandy for $5 million of our cap next year. So in spirit you will still be with us.

Dalton is a pro’s pro though, never complained and fought for us. How can anyone not like that? Good luck on the next team!

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Good luck and just as a reminder - I told you on your very first post that the coaching staff was incompetent and AD wouldn't fare well here.
Did you MakeYourDay??

JurisFrog

Liked Posts:
We still have to count Andy dandy for $5 million of our cap next year. So in spirit you will still be with us.

Dalton is a pro’s pro though, never complained and fought for us. How can anyone not like that? Good luck on the next team!
Man that’s a great point. I will actually be rooting for the Bears in the future. Hopefully you all make it to the promised land!

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
It's just goodbye for now

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This was a very positive thread with great energy and you had to stink it up.

Very classless! SMH!
I mean, that's rich coming from you given your history but, I certainly wasn't going to bring any negativity to this thread just because everyone was getting along pretty well. So chalk it up to the one of the few times we agree ?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Get out of here and don't come back. That's not salt. I'm saying "don't come back" for your own sake. ?

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I mean, that's rich coming from you given your history but, I certainly wasn't going to bring any negativity to this thread just because everyone was getting along pretty well. So chalk it up to the one of the few times we agree ?
I agree. Thank you for not stooping to @dabears70 level and thank you for unignoring me(again) to agree with me.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Seriously? Pace backloaded a 1 year deal?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Dear Bears Fans

How do you know Andy won't be back next year though? I personally doubt it happens, but what if...