Sources: NHL aiming for mid-January start, 52- or 56-game schedule

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it plays in our favor.

Would be great if we had a hot start, but apparently management is going to take 15 games to figure out what I think 90% of us are fairly certain of already...Suppan sucks and will expose just how bad this team defense actually is, even with some clear improvements. How will you tell giving up 3.6-4.5 a game?

I no longer have faith in our brain trust. We are the miscarriage of an Evil Scientist and Harry Potter. I kind of can't wait to see the look on their faces when they have to wear this.

Morons. They actually passed over Robin Lehner and have the audacity to talk to us about the goalie of the future or some shit. What are you doing Bowfucker?

You blew the goalie situation and now you blew the draft. You blew the cap. You blew the rehashes, and the Panarin situation. My god man.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Training camp would have to start fairly soon I would think. Could be tricky with the holidays.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am missing hockey. Watching old games to get by

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
I guess it plays in our favor.

Would be great if we had a hot start, but apparently management is going to take 15 games to figure out what I think 90% of us are fairly certain of already...Suppan sucks and will expose just how bad this team defense actually is, even with some clear improvements. How will you tell giving up 3.6-4.5 a game?

I no longer have faith in our brain trust. We are the miscarriage of an Evil Scientist and Harry Potter. I kind of can't wait to see the look on their faces when they have to wear this.

Morons. They actually passed over Robin Lehner and have the audacity to talk to us about the goalie of the future or some shit. What are you doing Bowfucker?

You blew the goalie situation and now you blew the draft. You blew the cap. You blew the rehashes, and the Panarin situation. My god man.
Well, Lehner was so good he covered up alot of the defensive mistakes himself. This team would be carried by him and would actually have a chance with a shortened season, which would be a bad thing.

They need to blow it up. If not blow it up, commit to tanking the next couple years where top ten draft picks will net you a great prospect since both drafts are pretty stacked.

Next year's draft is five blue chip defenseman deep. They have to stop this "were not rebuilding, were retooling" crap.

JC is known as a developmental coach, and what, three, four years ago wasn't Kelly annointed a great judge of talent by Hawks fans? It's time these guys either shit or get off the pot.

Toews, Kane, and Keith will always play at an NHL level for the duration of their careers, it's time to move these guys down the depth chart(not Kane) and see where the Hawks actually are in terms of developing the next phase of a championship team.

Dach is gonna be a stud. Kelly didn't fuck up a top three pick.

Boqvist the jury is still out on. He's got a high skill set yet JC is turning him into what Jokiharu was instead of what Boqvist is actually proficient at which is next level skating and vision.

Let this team tank

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Don't expect this for home hawk games until things change here... But if California can find a way I assume we could too eventually.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I saw that division realignment for the season, and it looks less than ideal for the guys in the indian sweaters.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I saw that division realignment for the season, and it looks less than ideal for the guys in the indian sweaters.
Where did you see it? I only saw some really bad proposed ideas are they settling on something finally?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Calling it honestly here, I don't think it matters what the division looks like either way. I think the Hawks get smoked this year. Hope I'm wrong, but this team really isn't that much improved from last year because our GM is completely incompetent and insists on rebuilding on the fly. I really don't have much faith in Colliton on top of it.

If those new division projections are accurate, the Hawks are screwed. It's nice to lose Dallas and especially Colorado, but you're gaining the Pens and the Lightning; while St. Louis is still in your division. It's nice they threw us a bone with the worst team in the league last year and our ex-biggest rival in Detroit, but the BJ's and the Panthers are pretty comparable to the Wild and Jets.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wait a second, if these are the divisions, the Hawks have a huge shot at making the playoffs (whether that's actually a good thing or not is another question). Other than Tampa, this second division is beyond favorable and definitely the weakest:

Boston-Buffalo-New Jersey-NY Islanders-NY Rangers-Philadelphia-Pittsburgh-Washington

Carolina-Chicago-Columbus-Detroit-Florida-Minnesota-Nashville-Tampa Bay

Anaheim-Arizona-Colorado-Dallas-Los Angeles-Las Vegas-San Jose-St. Louis

Ottawa-Montreal-Toronto-Winnipeg-Edmonton-Calgary-Vancouver

Source: NHL outlines proposed division realignment for 2020-21 season

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Wait a second, if these are the divisions, the Hawks have a huge shot at making the playoffs (whether that's actually a good thing or not is another question). Other than Tampa, this second division is beyond favorable and definitely the weakest:

Boston-Buffalo-New Jersey-NY Islanders-NY Rangers-Philadelphia-Pittsburgh-Washington

Carolina-Chicago-Columbus-Detroit-Florida-Minnesota-Nashville-Tampa Bay

Anaheim-Arizona-Colorado-Dallas-Los Angeles-Las Vegas-San Jose-St. Louis

Ottawa-Montreal-Toronto-Winnipeg-Edmonton-Calgary-Vancouver

Source: NHL outlines proposed division realignment for 2020-21 season
I am with you buddy, the Hawks will get there asses handed to them in that division, might win 10 games at the most.