South stars at UC for 2

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
IME: 7 p.m. CT
TV: NBCSCH+ | RADIO: WGN 720-AM / TUDN 1200-AM | STREAM: NHL.TV & MyTeamsApp
The Blackhawks close out a home-heavy stretch of eight out of nine games at the United Center as the the Stars make their first trip of the season to Chicago on Tuesday and Thursday nights.

TEAM RECORDS
CHI
: 17-17-5, 39 PTS
DAL: 13-13-10, 36 PTS

LAST TIME OUT
Chicago was shut out for the first time all season on Saturday afternoon in Nashville, 3-0. Kevin Lankinen made the start for the Blackhawks with 18 saves on 21 shots, while the Predators' Juuse Saros went 41-for-41 on the afternoon in goal.
Dallas snapped a three-game point streak on Sunday with a 1-0 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes on the road -- the third time on the year that the Stars were held scoreless. Jake Oettinger made 37 saves in the defeat.

VS. DALLAS
Chicago has won three of four matchups against Dallas during the 2020-21 campaign, all meetings taking place in the Lone Star State.
Alex DeBrincat tallied two goals, including the game winner in overtime, in a 2-1 victory on Feb. 7. Pius Suter ended the game in overtime in the next game between the clubs on Feb. 9, also a 2-1 final. Duncan Keith recorded his first goal of the season in Chicago's 4-2 win over Dallas on March 11 at the American Airlines Center. The Stars took a 6-1 game on March 9 in their lone victory of the season series.
Patrick Kane leads the Blackhawks in assists and points (4A), while DeBrincat paces the team with three markers against the Stars this season. Kane's 29 career markers against Dallas are his most against any NHL opponent.

CRUCIAL SET
The Blackhawks hold a three-point lead over the Stars for fifth in the Central Division standings coming into the midweek set, with Dallas holding three games in hand to play. As high as an eight-point swing is on the line should either team sweep the series in regulation this week and the series winner will have a firm grasp on the fifth spot heading into the final 15 and 18 games, respectively.
Chicago trails Nashville by two points on equal games played for the fourth and final playoff spot entering Tuesday night. The Blackhawks face Nashville thrice from April 19-23 and close out the season with two games against the Stars on May 9 and 10.

NO DODGIN' DUNCAN
Duncan Keith led the club with five blocked shots against the Predators on Saturday/ It was the fourth time in five games that Keith
has blocked at least three shots.

DACH ON THE DRAW
Kirby Dach paced the Blackhawks and matched a career high with seven faceoff wins against Nashville. He also won seven draws against the Predators on March 28.

MURPH MADNESS
Connor Murphy notched a helper last Thursday for the second straight game. He has four assists over his last seven outings in total.
Murphy also led the team with three hits and three blocked shots against the Hurricanes on April 1 and shares six in the NHL with 77 blocked shots this year (Calvin de Haan). He also has three or more hits in six of seven games.

Time to turn things around play fast !!!!! Lank in net
Lets Go Hawks!

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Assist for hinny. Trade success confirmed.
Up by 2, maybe after getting there asses handed to them by Nashville they seem like they are playing with some urgency.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Some things to fix...like the special teams and giving up shorties, but overall a much better performance especially in execution.

I just wish Dach would have stayed onsides. That was a beautiful goal by Kane and it sucks that they had to take it back.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lankinen becoming a legit NHL starter will be this year's biggest bright spot regardless of where the team ends up IMO. Other youngsters have looked good at times too but not having to pursue a high priced tender on the FA market will be a big advantage. Lanks will probably have a bit of a sophomore slump but he's beatin' teams that have had chances to see him plenty of times already so maybe not much of one. Sometimes good tenders get their own 'book' on the rest of the league too.

Bigbarn27

Liked Posts:
well rough game ... thought 48 played well that was about it.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Feels like that's the game that happens when you have an overworked rookie goalie. Subban has only played once in the last almost 3 weeks.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Lankinen becoming a legit NHL starter will be this year's biggest bright spot regardless of where the team ends up IMO. Other youngsters have looked good at times too but not having to pursue a high priced tender on the FA market will be a big advantage. Lanks will probably have a bit of a sophomore slump but he's beatin' teams that have had chances to see him plenty of times already so maybe not much of one. Sometimes good tenders get their own 'book' on the rest of the league too.
I would like Stan to get a serviceable backup, I have nothing against Subban, when called upon he has been decent. Kevin has been tremendous this year, but moving forward with a legit 82 game season a veteran to take the load of would be great for Lank, especially if he does have a sophomore slump as you indicated.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Feels like that's the game that happens when you have an overworked rookie goalie. Subban has only played once in the last almost 3 weeks.
Yes I agree, the kid may be tired, as indicated in another reply Stan needs to get Lank some help with a veteran goalie.