Speak For Yourself On Justin Fields

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is just another example of how the Bears are not willing to do what ever it takes. Andy Dalton is a game manager in every single sense of the expression.

Justin Fields needs to be on the field....period......

Pace and Nagy are scared of "ruining" Justin Field, or perhaps they should have done a better job of protecting him.

Imagine if they would have developed a o-line that was capable of running the ball at will........

So many people thing that "protecting" Justin is all about pass pro, but the reality is that if the defense must sell out to defend the run, it will allow a QB to throw the ball....it is not rocket science.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Marsellis Wiley suit game is powerful. Dayumn! That suit sharper than a razor. I dont think Fields is starting because Nagy is afraid to put him behind that shit Oline.

Already sent a screen shot of that suit to my tailor.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Definitely don't hate that take.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't think Nagy brings much as a head coach that couldn't be met or exceeded by other HC candidates. And our inability for years now to create a stable and dependable running game is on Pace as much as Nagy, imo.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
This is just another example of how the Bears are not willing to do what ever it takes. Andy Dalton is a game manager in every single sense of the expression.

Justin Fields needs to be on the field....period......

Pace and Nagy are scared of "ruining" Justin Field, or perhaps they should have done a better job of protecting him.

Imagine if they would have developed a o-line that was capable of running the ball at will........

So many people thing that "protecting" Justin is all about pass pro, but the reality is that if the defense must sell out to defend the run, it will allow a QB to throw the ball....it is not rocket science.

This conversation is one that has ben argued since he was drafted .

The best way to protect Fields is by running the football. You are not worried about him getting blown up 35 times per game if you are not trying to throw it 35 times .

Nagy always mentions the Chiefs but totally ignores the fact that when he first came to the Chiefs they basically fed Jamal Charles like a maniac in both the pass and run games and that is what took a lot of the pressure off Smith.

If the Bears were actually gonna run the ball there is no reason Fields shouldn't be starting but I have a feeling Nagy is about to try and air it out .

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Early games are battle maneuvers. The season is the war.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These two have some good arguments and make for an entertaining listen. I'm on the fence about putting him out there. Fields is clearly more talented. The arguments against starting Fields are:
  1. That line however hasn't played a lot as a unit in the pre-season.
  2. Fields needs to get the ball out quicker, which I believe will happen the more he sees the stuff people are going to throw at him
The real question is, if this team comes out flat on offense and gets zero first downs in the first half (as is typical of Nagy offenses), do they change it up at the half, or do they wait until the start of the 4th quarter?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
These two have some good arguments and make for an entertaining listen. I'm on the fence about putting him out there. Fields is clearly more talented. The arguments against starting Fields are:
  1. That line however hasn't played a lot as a unit in the pre-season.
  2. Fields needs to get the ball out quicker, which I believe will happen the more he sees the stuff people are going to throw at him
The real question is, if this team comes out flat on offense and gets zero first downs in the first half (as is typical of Nagy offenses), do they change it up at the half, or do they wait until the start of the 4th quarter?
Unless Dalton goes down with an injury, the Bears will not replace him in this game even if the O comes out flat. I think the game plan is Dalton starts and Fields is used for a package of plays.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unless Dalton goes down with an injury, the Bears will not replace him in this game even if the O comes out flat. I think the game plan is Dalton starts and Fields is used for a package of plays.
I dunno man, I could totally see it happening. Remember Nagy has an ego as an ex-player, and he'd love to beat McVay after losing to him two years in a row.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he's passed the point of no return for me
I would have to agree. Frankly nothing short of a miraculous record would save him. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure management doesn't agree. And I'm at least willing to see how it plays out.