onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm starting to warm up to bringing in Smith...if not him...go after Joe Horitz. Or blow it up and and give Smith football operations and Horitz the GM. First things first, get Phillips the fuck outta there. Couldn't care less if they give Sweaty Teddy a healthy buyout. Just get rid of the incompetency in the FO.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to the Super Bowl with Rick Smith in 2007 (Bears/Colts). Incredible seats. He had his Denver Broncos Super Bowl ring. Him and his wife were extremely nice.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Dang, I moved back to IL from Colorado. I havta say the State, the fans, everything about Colorado is great. Between us and Denver with his previous relationship there, we might be 2nd fiddle if we even are in the mix. I really like him as a candidate. I didn't realize he played there.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dang, I moved back to IL from Colorado. I havta say the State, the fans, everything about Colorado is great. Between us and Denver with his previous relationship there, we might be 2nd fiddle if we even are in the mix. I really like him as a candidate. I didn't realize he played there.

I don't think he played there. I believe he got that ring as Director of Player Personnel

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification man. Guess its a pipe dream anyway. Doesn't seem like we make good football choices when it comes to hiring. Hope to see the guy do good whenever he ends up. Seems like a stand up guy, and extremely smart. I keep thinking we are gonna retain Pace as a Scout or personnel guy. Those two, as far as the draft and personnel could be magic. I think Pace is more of a scout, just not a GM.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Ok, Ted Philips is not a failure, he has done precisely what the McCaskeys hired him for: make them money. The McCaskeys had a choice, prioritize football, or profits, they chose profit. Keep a middling team on the field, hope for success, who knows, they could get lucky and make the playoffs here and there, but keep the rubes buying their tickets and junk. Winning is not part of the equation….

mecha

Liked Posts:
Ok, Ted Philips is not a failure, he has done precisely what the McCaskeys hired him for: make them money. The McCaskeys had a choice, prioritize football, or profits, they chose profit. Keep a middling team on the field, hope for success, who knows, they could get lucky and make the playoffs here and there, but keep the rubes buying their tickets and junk. Winning is not part of the equation….
it's like that engineering thing... you can get it good, cheap, or fast. choose 2.

with what you're saying though the team has done exactly that. I don't think a bunch of bullshit one and done postseason campaigns mean anything. which I think is literally, outside the Super Bowl year, exactly what they've done the last 30 years.

GoBears

Liked Posts:
All this sounds expensive. Why can't we search for an obscure coach in a sport nobody cares about? We need to keep costs down.