dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Yes, I didn't say they were good. The Bears are almost certainly going to be left holding their dicks here.

Although I think Minshew deserves a shot at some point. Jimmy G is a bum.

Can their dicks throw the long ball??

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are better.

There, does that help you?

Umm....also, herbert just had the best rookie qb campaign by ANY qb EVER. He's 100% better than stafford.

Blah Blah blah,

Same was said about RG3 and Cam Newton. Everyone thought Mitch was going to take that next "Step". The resident Mitch fan boi should be the last one offering up his opinion of QB play, it has been proven time and time again he doesn't have a clue.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fantastic. Add another team competing with the Bears for a rookie QB

Montucky

Liked Posts:
But...... tHe barZZ maDe duH PLayofSS! ?
There is zero statistical correlation between high draft picks and team success. If anything there's a better correlation between picking lower and sustained winning seasons. Long story short, its most the same teams picking in the top ten ever year and they dont really get much better except to have a sporadic season like the Browns just had or Jacksonville had a couple years ago.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
FITZMAGIC gonna be a Bear next year.

Bears will draft an OT.

Franchise AR.

Could be 5 QBs drafted before pick 20.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Between this decision with Stafford and the unusual six year commitment to Dan Campbell it does seem like Detroit is pressing the reset button on everything and basically giving away the 2021 season. It would be entirely reasonable for their front office to assume they will be picking in the top three come the 2022 draft and that's when they make their move for a quarterback.

There is certainly no mandate for Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell to have a successful 2021 season. I would not assume Detroit is going to take a quarterback early this year at all.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
There is zero statistical correlation between high draft picks and team success. If anything there's a better correlation between picking lower and sustained winning seasons. Long story short, its most the same teams picking in the top ten ever year and they dont really get much better except to have a sporadic season like the Browns just had or Jacksonville had a couple years ago.

Blow it out your ass. Bears had a better chance at a QB if they didn’t win those games. Everyone knows it.

gopher72

Liked Posts:
Stafford's a stud. If he goes somewhere like Indianapolis or San Francisco I can realistically see him picking up a ring. He's been trapped in actual football hell his entire career, and the instant he started building something they fired his coach and brought in one of the worst head coaches of the last twenty years. Then they stuck with that guy into his third season!
Good take Montucky. Would luv to see this guy on a winner.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Blow it out your ass. Bears had a better chance at a QB if they didn’t win those games. Everyone knows it.
The point is not just to draft any quarterback. The point is to draft a good one. The Bears were really no more likely to do that at eleventh overall vs twentieth overall.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Stafford's a stud. If he goes somewhere like Indianapolis or San Francisco I can realistically see him picking up a ring. He's been trapped in actual football hell his entire career, and the instant he started building something they fired his coach and brought in one of the worst head coaches of the last twenty years. Then they stuck with that guy into his third season!
:jonesy:

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The point is not just to draft any quarterback. The point is to draft a good one. The Bears were really no more likely to do that at eleventh overall vs twentieth overall.

uh they 100% were. Certainly easier to trade up from 11 than 20.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Garoppolo is incredibly bad. I am a big consumer of 49ers football and I can count on one hand the number of spirals I've seen him throw. He has this signature move where he does a couple of spins before falling in a heap and often fumbling. He cant play.

This is one we agree on.

The fact that the best mind in football wants nothing to do with him tells you everything you need to know about jimmy G.

It would def be a bears move to grab Jimmy G because he had a nice PFF rating or some shit.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Blah Blah blah,

Same was said about RG3 and Cam Newton. Everyone thought Mitch was going to take that next "Step". The resident Mitch fan boi should be the last one offering up his opinion of QB play, it has been proven time and time again he doesn't have a clue.

Those guys i listed played better than stafford last year....lol

This isn't about FUTURE. Herbert outplayed stafford last year. Burrow would have too if he didn't get hurt.

Yes, they are already better than stafford.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
If the Bears plan on trading up and getting a QB in the first this definitely makes it more difficult now cause the Lions will most likely be taking one.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Fun fact: Every year that Stafford has played 16 games, except 2018, he had enough passing yards to be the Bears single season record holder. That's 8 times in 9 years that he's played 16 games.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Jimmy G is going to go to new england. It's a no brainer.

We are getting Darnold.

Im sure you have posted it before but I’d like to read your Darnold theory because I am bored and depending on the cost I like this idea.