Stafford

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Cutler had the Bears at 7-3 at this point in the 2010 and 2011 seasons and got no credit while not playing with any all-pro caliber WRs. He was just "along for the ride" with the good defense.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He's a good QB, but last night was just bad.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's a good QB, but last night was just bad.
But that’s the problem. Goff was a “good” QB in McVays system. Stafford was supposed to elevate it because he was supposed to be better than good.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
But that’s the problem. Goff was a “good” QB in McVays system. Stafford was supposed to elevate it because he was supposed to be better than good.

I don't think Goff was 'good', but rather McVay could work with him. Stafford brings a whole other element to the offense.

Sure he's on a 2 game slump, but 6 of the 10 games he's had a passer rating above 100 and on the season he has the highest QB Rating and 2nd highest QBR of his career. If we are doing the Goff comparisons look at him with Detroit and compare that to any of the Stafford seasons. There's a massive difference.

I'd add in this season NFL fans really seem to be jumping all in on any recency bias. I think it's a combo of us not having a stand out, undefeated team and some of the historically terrible teams are picking off wins and actually looking good. Up until this past Sunday some were saying the Chiefs were 'figured out'. The truth is these slumps happen to all teams at all positions, so it's nothing new. I'd classify Stafford's past two games as a 'slump' and not an indicator of him being anything less than a top tier QB.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I love it when Bears fans make fun of QBs better than anything franchise has ever had.
I also love it when Bears fans don't realize I'm throwing his last two bad performances in a dipshit's face who's been on here most of the season claiming Stafford's the best QB in the NFL now. You should probably try not getting butt hurt over trivial things.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
He tends to do that a lot in prime time.

Stat Padford.

He's an okay NFL QB but if this was madden his awareness rating would be like a 70. Guys a damn goober. Him and Cutler both got the arm talent but are always good for a few dumbass plays a game.

They have the arms of an erratic pitcher

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I also love it when Bears fans don't realize I'm throwing his last two bad performances in a dipshit's face who's been on here most of the season claiming Stafford's the best QB in the NFL now. You should probably try not getting butt hurt over trivial things.
I’m sure he feels like you really got him.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Cutler had the Bears at 7-3 at this point in the 2010 and 2011 seasons and got no credit while not playing with any all-pro caliber WRs. He was just "along for the ride" with the good defense.

1637091566690.png

1637091603472.png

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Stafford is an above average NFL starter. Will end up with a 90+ career QBR, which will be good for the era he was in but not spectacular

That would put him a little under guys like Rivers (career 95 QBR) and Ryan (career 93 QBR), but definitely above the mid 80s QBR guys like Eli Manning and Joe Flacco. He even edges out Alex Smith statistically.

Add to that likely a 15 year NFL career and will end up 10 top in passing yards all time.

No way you can call him an average or a bad player. That is stupid. Good but not great will be my label for Stafford.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Shanahan had a great game plan last night. Kept their offense off the field and just ran it down their throats. Rams just looked completely confused about what was happening….

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Stafford was always an ok QB that was paid like an elite QB. Since he has a decade of experience, he has learned (some) and gotten better. But he’s still a guy who needs a complete team around him to have any real success. And as we see this year, even with that he is sometimes suspect…

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Stafford .....right now he's not a winner. And couldn't win a playoff game with Megatron

1637118190674.png

PrimeTime

Knowledge Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wouldn't be surprised to see the 49ers be the team to get hot and go on a second half run. The last time they were healthy they did the same thing to the Packers in the NCFCG 2 years ago. They're getting healthy and are a pretty good team.

Bust

Liked Posts:
But all in all, he’s had a great season. I’m not sure how anyone can say otherwise.

your answer lies in the mantra of this board . . . if you haven't noticed by now . . .

When other qb's have a bad game Stafford, Cousins, etc. it's all the qb's fault. When a Bear QB plays bad it's EVERYONE ELSES FAULT BUT THE QB.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
your answer lies in the mantra of this board . . . if you haven't noticed by now . . .

When other qb's have a bad game Stafford, Cousins, etc. it's all the qb's fault. When a Bear QB plays bad it's EVERYONE ELSES FAULT BUT THE QB.
:youdontsay:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What was Brady at this time last year?

Tell me?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Show me where I ever said he was the best QB in the NFL?

When you can't, then who is the dipshit?