Stars for 2..... The End

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure if he wants out or not, but I have little doubt he'll be out either way. The Hawks have to be done with him, considering Bowman didn't even want to sign him this year and waited to zero hour to do so (only after Toews announced he's out). The fact that he's been a healthy scratch multiple times this season too, the writing's on the wall, he's done here.

I think it's Strome's horrible two-way game that was his downfall. He's just horrible defensively and doesn't get this system (but then again, who does?).

EDIT: as Bigbarn27 mentioned in another thread, Strome is signed through next year -- I forgot about that. No doubt he'll be exposed to Seattle if he's not traded.
I would be utterly shocked if he wasn't used to get up in the FWD exposure requirements.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

This is the jist of it, but sounds worse without the context. Basically, he's getting shit for using a general expression that many people have used in the past, which is, "bullet in the head." If you listen to the whole statement, it doesn't sound as bad. He was basically giving props to the crew for all the covid-19 protocols and mentioned all the restrictions the team and the crew have had to deal with while traveling, and said he would have put a bullet in his head if he had to travel this year and deal with all of that.
I got the same gist, but in today's world you know someone would take you to task for making a joke like that.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
MVP of the Hawks no doubt. He had an Extraordinary season, and what a bounce back from a year ago. Dcat played with heart and passion, he had a sense of purpose the entire season, there is no doubt that Kane and the cat have become quit the tandem, now if they can get a steady player to win some face offs they can be something to look forward to next season.
I mentioned this before, but the fact that he upped his game bigtime in the year his new salary kicks in speaks volumes. We usually see a player play big to get the new deal, then tail off once it kicks in.

Honestly, I think Debrincat should be wearing the A over Murph from hereon out--sure, if we get Toews, Kane, and Keith back he should be the 1st one if the old core leadership doesn't play a game, but I think he proved his chops this year in terms of an example to be set on ice.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yes Kane led the team in shots.. he usually does, but his shots per game this year was down 17% and 24% over the last 2 years. I'm sure a large part of it is yes he is not getting set up like he has in the past. But i was replying to the comment he is embarrassed by his lack of goals and I dont think that is the case.

There has been lots of times that Kane has gotten a pass and he is in a very good scoring position and he pauses.. and then passes the puck in stead of shooting. to the point if it was any player other then Kane I would be screaming at the TV to SHOOT THE FUCKING PUCK! But it's Kane so he knows what he doing

So why the no shot and pass when he is in a great position? lots of reasons, i guess, doesnt like the shot, thinks a pass would be better, wants to help young players etc.. Doesnt matter his reason for passing. If he was actually embarrassed by his lack of goals he would be greedy in those instances and shoot rather the pass to start increasing his goals.. the fact he keeps choosing to pass in situations like that and purely on my own eye test seemed to get more and more instances like that as the season goes on my guess is to help set up a young group of players..
Neither one of knows if he's embarrassed by the worst S % and lowest goal total of his career or not.....I was speculating.

As far as his play this year,I'll go with the bolded......"he knows what he's doing". Apparently,he's also been dinged up.