Start/Sit Questions Thread

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Week 1 is upon us. Post your start/sit questions here.

Stafford vs. Bears or Cam vs MIA?

Cam scares me a little because you don't have any idea what that team is going to look like but on the other hand Stafford plays a solid D and it looks like Golladay is going to sit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Cam scares me a little because you don't have any idea what that team is going to look like but on the other hand Stafford plays a solid D and it looks like Golladay is going to sit.

Man...Mack is going to play?

I think we have the OLB depth to function for a game without Quinn, but we would be fairly toothless without Mack or Quinn.

Gotta expect with a depleted running back core, new system, and new teammates to impress Cam is going to tuck and go for end zone sooner than later.
Fitzpatrick has the weapons and the ideas to force him to score at least some...I'd gametime decision that on Mack maybe. I'm not sure we can stop Stafford but our secondary might surprise him. LIke...you know Johnson is going to be tested in this game, and Gibson, and Roquan and Trevaithon. I'd be testing those guys to see who is in shape, getting old, missing assignments etc. A rookie with no pre-season.

Thats a really tough call. Do you trust Fitzpatrick or Mitch to drive the score up more? I expect the Patriots to be fired up and playing for their lives, like a superbowl. My gut says lean toward the rushing touchdown and avoid a fresh Bears, but only if Mack suits up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My dilemna is in a non-ppr...

1.Emmanuel Sanders getting broken into Saints offense against the worst secondary last year.
2.Jordan Howard getting broken into Miami against the Belichek and the best rushing D last year(lost 5 starters).
3. Moss splitting carries with Singletary against the Jets, getting broke into Buffalo.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Man...Mack is going to play?

I think we have the OLB depth to function for a game without Quinn, but we would be fairly toothless without Mack or Quinn.

Gotta expect with a depleted running back core, new system, and new teammates to impress Cam is going to tuck and go for end zone sooner than later.
Fitzpatrick has the weapons and the ideas to force him to score at least some...I'd gametime decision that on Mack maybe. I'm not sure we can stop Stafford but our secondary might surprise him. LIke...you know Johnson is going to be tested in this game, and Gibson, and Roquan and Trevaithon. I'd be testing those guys to see who is in shape, getting old, missing assignments etc. A rookie with no pre-season.

Thats a really tough call. Do you trust Fitzpatrick or Mitch to drive the score up more? I expect the Patriots to be fired up and playing for their lives, like a superbowl. My gut says lean toward the rushing touchdown and avoid a fresh Bears, but only if Mack suits up.
That's a good point on Mack. If Bears can't get any pressure, Stafford could have a day.

I think Cam/Stafford each throw for around 200-250 and both get two TDs. Thinking Cam throws one and rushes one. I'm leaning Cam at this point because I think he scrambles for 50 some rushing yards. Plus MIA D isn't great.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My dilemna is in a non-ppr...

1.Emmanuel Sanders getting broken into Saints offense against the worst secondary last year.
2.Jordan Howard getting broken into Miami against the Belichek and the best rushing D last year(lost 5 starters).
3. Moss splitting carries with Singletary against the Jets, getting broke into Buffalo.
I would lean Howard as the safe play week 1. Non-ppr probably gets you 60-80 yards and the best chance at some goal line touches. I do like Sanders this year though.

I wouldn't even consider Moss at this point until you see how he is used.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
@HawkBear Stafford. Only because he's with the same offense and it's hard to know for sure what Cam is at this point. I love that combo though. One I was aiming for and was insanely pissed that someone reached a good 2 rounds for Newton in my league.

@Raskolnikov I don't see any upside in any of those. Moss is definitely a no at this point. I'd probably lean towards Sanders because I expect that game to be a shoot out, but I'm not too keen on WRs switching teams with no off-season. With Howard, it feels like you're hoping he falls into the end zone, but remember that NE has also lost their LBs. I'm not sure there's one returning from last year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
@HawkBear Stafford. Only because he's with the same offense and it's hard to know for sure what Cam is at this point. I love that combo though. One I was aiming for and was insanely pissed that someone reached a good 2 rounds for Newton in my league.

@Raskolnikov I don't see any upside in any of those. Moss is definitely a no at this point. I'd probably lean towards Sanders because I expect that game to be a shoot out, but I'm not too keen on WRs switching teams with no off-season. With Howard, it feels like you're hoping he falls into the end zone, but remember that NE has also lost their LBs. I'm not sure there's one returning from last year.

Yeah...due to the matchup it seems like its Cam...

interesting dilemna. I think Stafford is the horse their eventually, but as long as Cam is fresh and healthy he should be moving the chains with his legs, trying to hammer it in. The Bears have a scarier chance to wreck the game with defense and turn it into zeros, but we aren't even sure the Patriots aren't tanking for Lawrence. Cam might be Belichecks ultimate scapegoat that also keeps morale high for a minute.

If Mack plays, stand down. If not...don't trust Belichek yet.

The thing with Sanders and Brees is they both know what they are doing and they claim they are on the same page. Despite the similar paychecks, I think we will see Sanders is way better than Ginn Jr week 1(Payton is Pace's daddy). And the Saints offense is now really scary. It took Sanders 1 week to make an impact when traded to 49ers. The gets open and sits in his zones. He'll never see a double team with Thomas/Cook/Kamara...and even though its week 1.

The fear with Howard is Miami was the worst run offense last year, going agains the best run D and Belly. I just have a feeling this game is a superbowl for the Patriots, Miami is running a new scheme, I don't know if they will have much luck and Cam might squeeze the time out of the game.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
For my last flex position...

Dobbins vs Cleveland
Sony Michel vs Miami
Or
Preston Williams vs NE?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They are easing Michel in, have Newton and 3 other backs going. Belly back rotisserie.

I'd actually go Dobbins. The Browns are missing 3 defensive backs, but that might mean extra clean up duty. I don't think Ingram is just gong to disappear, but in this matchup the Ravens might end up in some ground and pound late.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
They are easing Michel in, have Newton and 3 other backs going. Belly back rotisserie.

I'd actually go Dobbins. The Browns are missing 3 defensive backs, but that might mean extra clean up duty. I don't think Ingram is just gong to disappear, but in this matchup the Ravens might end up in some ground and pound late.

yeah, I just remember hearing some crap about dobbins being listed #4 on the death chart which makes me feel he won’t get much action week 1. It’s a bad situation I’ve got myself into for week 1 in the flex. Come week 5, I’ll be happy to have dobbins there I’m sure

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
yeah, I just remember hearing some crap about dobbins being listed #4 on the death chart which makes me feel he won’t get much action week 1. It’s a bad situation I’ve got myself into for week 1 in the flex. Come week 5, I’ll be happy to have dobbins there I’m sure
I thought about playing Dobbins in my flex, but I don't need him this week. Harbaugh said it was the PR team that made the depth chart and that Dobbins will be involved this season, it's just impossible to predict the workload in game 1 without any preseason. Michel's biggest issue is Cam Newton stealing goal line touches. No TD leaves Michel worthless. If you want the upside play, Dobbins is definitely it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I thought about playing Dobbins in my flex, but I don't need him this week. Harbaugh said it was the PR team that made the depth chart and that Dobbins will be involved this season, it's just impossible to predict the workload in game 1 without any preseason. Michel's biggest issue is Cam Newton stealing goal line touches. No TD leaves Michel worthless. If you want the upside play, Dobbins is definitely it.

the decision just got solved for me! We have an IR slot that I was able to put Deebo on, and someone in my league dropped Emmanuel Sanders. So I nabbed him, and playing him in that flex spot in what should be a shootout in the NO/TB game.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hwy guys, need your help.

Cam vs Miami or Josh Allen vs Jets

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Hwy guys, need your help.

Cam vs Miami or Josh Allen vs Jets

im pretty high on what cam could do this year with the hoodie. That said, I’d probably wait a week or two and see how it goes before trusting it. Allen against the Jets screams 2 rushing tds and 2 passing tds IMO

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im pretty high on what cam could do this year with the hoodie. That said, I’d probably wait a week or two and see how it goes before trusting it. Allen against the Jets screams 2 rushing tds and 2 passing tds IMO
I know the addition of Diggs should be good for Allen, but I still worry about that Jets defense

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I'm going bam bam Cam today. The team I'm playing is pretty stacked so I feel I need the upside. With Miles Sanders out, I have to play James White :rolleyes: so I'm going with that stack and will cross my fingers that him and Cam link up for a TD. Will probably be a disaster.

Sanders/Golladay being out means I'm missing my 1st rounder and 3rd rounder lol. Season is off to a dumpster fire start.