Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have no luck in this league. My longest winning streak this season is two games and that was a month ago.

In the last two seasons on CCS, I've suffered more injuries than all my teams ever. It's ridiculous. Last year my whole team went down except Golladay. I lost my fucking kicker to IR. This season, I haven't had my intended starting roster for one game.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
It's a league started by one of the guys I work with, so it's all off the record. They were even hesitant to let me in, but they have a "miss the playoffs 3 consecutive times & you are out of the league" rule to keep the league competitive and no one else was looking to buy in that year.

One rule I set in my big money league is a $10 loss fee, forces teams to stay active and competitive all year or it hits them in the pocket. The loss fees get distributed to the division winners (3 divisions in a 12 team league).

Now onto my lineup decision...In 2 leagues I have Bridgewater who I picked up as a bye week filler this past week for Lamar Jackson. So would you roll with Bridgewater in a great matchup with potential to be a high scoring game on Thursday or go with Jackson against a tough Steelers defense?

In one of those leagues I ended up trading Jackson and Marquise Brown on Sunday for Brady and McLaurin...so same question but with Brady?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So would you roll with Bridgewater in a great matchup with potential to be a high scoring game

I am rolling with him in the CCS league over Matt Stafford against the Colts. He already played the Falcons this season and put up 312 yds & 2 TDs. That was he second best game this season, so realize you may only walkaway with 20 points. Factor in my disdain for Thursday matchups and I would not consider Teddy a premier option.

All that said, the Ravens passing attack has sucked...so if you don't trust Jackson, Teddy should be the safer floor.

I am not benching Tom Brady...he is just starting to get hot.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
One rule I set in my big money league is a $10 loss fee, forces teams to stay active and competitive all year or it hits them in the pocket. The loss fees get distributed to the division winners (3 divisions in a 12 team league).

Now onto my lineup decision...In 2 leagues I have Bridgewater who I picked up as a bye week filler this past week for Lamar Jackson. So would you roll with Bridgewater in a great matchup with potential to be a high scoring game on Thursday or go with Jackson against a tough Steelers defense?

In one of those leagues I ended up trading Jackson and Marquise Brown on Sunday for Brady and McLaurin...so same question but with Brady?
Teddy has been solid this year. Used him for a couple weeks for a bye/Cam's COVID deal. I like him especially if McCaffery is back - no word on this yet but he practiced yesterday.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Need WW advice.

I have Henry and Gronk for TE. Gronk's penciled in as my starter for now.

Some dude just dropped TJ Hockenson. Would you put Hockenson higher rest of season than Henry?

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Need WW advice.

I have Henry and Gronk for TE. Gronk's penciled in as my starter for now.

Some dude just dropped TJ Hockenson. Would you put Hockenson higher rest of season than Henry?

didn’t Henry get hurt last game? Hock seems a bit TD dependent to me. He didn’t do much till that last play of the game for a TD. If healthy, I’d give the nod to Henry but not by much. Herbert seems pretty legit so far, best friend for a rookie QB...the TE

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
didn’t Henry get hurt last game? Hock seems a bit TD dependent to me. He didn’t do much till that last play of the game for a TD. If healthy, I’d give the nod to Henry but not by much. Herbert seems pretty legit so far, best friend for a rookie QB...the TE
The majority of TEs are TD dependent though once you get past Kelce/Kittle. Ranks 3-12 is always in the range of 40-60 catches for 500-700 yards. Hockenson has been catching TDs and Henry hasn't.

I think they're very close. Henry has more targets and yards. Hockenson has the TDs.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The majority of TEs are TD dependent though once you get past Kelce/Kittle. Ranks 3-12 is always in the range of 40-60 catches for 500-700 yards. Hockenson has been catching TDs and Henry hasn't.

I think they're very close. Henry has more targets and yards. Hockenson has the TDs.

Don't like Hock, Henry, or Gronk that much...like you said outside of the top 2 or 3 the drop off is significant. The 3 of the ones you listed are matchup dependent for me. If Goedert is available I would stash him, when he gets back he should be a top 5 TE

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Should I just drop Ertz at this point??

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Don't like Hock, Henry, or Gronk that much...like you said outside of the top 2 or 3 the drop off is significant. The 3 of the ones you listed are matchup dependent for me. If Goedert is available I would stash him, when he gets back he should be a top 5 TE
Gronk is back bitch! I'm riding the gravy train lol

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Ertz is going to be pretty tough to trust when he does come back. Since you have Fant, you can probably drop him or maybe try and trade him?
Hockenson is sitting there as well. I feel like with Fant being questionable having someone to sub might be a good idea. I think ertz might just belong on the trash heap this year.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think ertz might just belong on the trash heap this year.

I agree with this.

Maybe it's just me, but the last couple of seasons...I have put more effort into who my kicker is than my TE.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also throwing this out there:

Would you bench Josh Allen against the Pats for Joe Burrow against the Titans???

The team I am playing this week is starting Tua and I thought it would be fun it pit Burrow against him, but of course I still want the W.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Would you bench Josh Allen against the Pats for Joe Burrow against the Titans???

The team I am playing this week is starting Tua and I thought it would be fun it pit Burrow against him, but of course I still want the W.
I do not think I would bench Josh Allen. Every year when I try to get cute like this I get burned lol

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

I'd roll with Allen just because the upside is so massive. I'm with @HawkBear. I usually have a game where I'll pull a Nagy and flat out outsmart myself with matchups and I end up getting burned.